• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Mesharey

Isn't there really a 3000 win online title for all characters? Now that's way too much. Unlocking that final character will be too tedious if you need to get those titles to unlock her. Plus, there's no way I can win 3000 matches with Mr. Armstrong. :
I just saw the "win 3000 times online with every character" it's real. O_O
You don't need all titles to unlock the final character.

KAOS

Mesharey:
Don't know exactly what I did to unlock her. I did go back to the timeline to finish some missions I didn't do for Rigs. My play time is 3:33. I have 105 titles unlocked, true fighter difficulty unlocked in arcade and Rigs & Genfu's command training finished which unlocked their system voices.

I just saw the "win 3000 times online with every character" it's real. O_O
You don't need all titles to unlock the final character.
Best news I've read about the game today. Perhaps I read it wrong before. If I had to get all those titles for one character...

But this will probably be one of the hardest game to platinum/ get all achievements. Is someone really going to play 69,000 matches? No way you will constantly win so you will need more than 69,000 matches, unless you get a friend to help you. Of course, it will probably take months before someone gets it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Best news I've read about the game today. Perhaps I read it wrong before. If I had to get all those titles for one character...

But this will probably be one of the hardest game to platinum/ get all achievements. Is someone really going to play 69,000 matches? No way you will constantly win so you will need more than 69,000 matches, unless you get a friend to help you. Of course, it will probably take months before someone gets it.

I'll tell a friend to make an alt account to lose all matches against me and I'll do the same. Pretty simple if that works.

patapuf

I'll tell a friend to make an alt account to lose all matches against me and I'll do the same. Pretty simple if that works.

That would be way too time consuming for me, i mean, it will still take hours even if the opponent stands still.

Luckily, i don't care about trophies :p

Vazra

That would be way to time consuming for me, i mean, it will still take hourse even if the opponent stays still.

Luckily, i don't care about trophies :p

For me it depends if I get most of the trophies and that is one of the missing ones and if I'm pumped up to do it I'll do so.

DR2K

Banned
Getting a tropy for winning 3000 matches per character has to be some stupid typo.

As far as netcode is concerned I'll wait until I try it out. No excuse for it to be worse than VF or Tekken, but then again it's not officially out.

xion4360

Looks like I wont be getting that titles trophy. There's no way in hell I can get all of those titles. Even after years of Doa4 play I only have over 3k matches with 1 character.

its fine but damn, that's a lot of matches.

It's so time consuming though. Let's say it takes at most 20 seconds to go get a match win factoring seconds to load, seconds for the announcer to say fight, and of course, winning the whole match with 2 sets. In 1 minute, you can complete 3 matches. Great, 3/3000. In 1 hour, you will only have have 180 wins. Not even in 10 hours will you have 3000, you'll only have 1,800 for 1 character. Now we have 20 characters, that's way too time consuming. Unless you can change an online match to just one set, okay, that's a bit better. If you can win a match in 15 seconds, it improves to around 2400/3000 in 10 hours.

Lol, I'm definitely not doing this.

Squire

Banned
Looks like I wont be getting that titles trophy. There's no way in hell I can get all of those titles. Even after years of Doa4 play I only have over 3k matches with 1 character.

its fine but damn, that's a lot of matches.

It kind of pisses in the face of the very concept of maining a character.

If I was a Hitomi player, why would I want to spend 3000 matches with Lei? Even 300 would be arguable. It's like padding in an RPG. They're trying to extend the game's life artificially. If the the mechanics are good and the game is well made you never have to do that.

SykoTech

When someone put the trophy details for this game up on GAF before, I could have sworn it was just "play 3000 matches online". Completely missed the "with each character" part, I guess.

Well, no way that's happening. Oh well. Don't really care about getting platinums much anyway. I usually stick with just getting the ones that are fun to obtain.

Vazra

denshuu

When someone put the trophy details for this game up on GAF before, I could have sworn it was just "play 3000 matches online". Completely missed the "with each character" part, I guess.

No, it's the "Get all titles" trophy. You get a title for a character when you win 3000 online matches with them. Which means, you need to win 3000 matches with each character in order to get all those titles, for a total of 66,000 online matches.

In true Team Ninja fashion, no one is going to get all achievements/trophies in this game. It's Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2 all over again.

Okay holy fucking shit that is an insane trophy.

I've played more than a few fighting games and I'm damn sure if I added all the matches from those other games together it still wouldn't be close to 66,000!

Let's say the average match lasts about 3 minutes.
That's 198,000 minutes....3300 hours of DoA5 AT LEAST.
God forbid you lose any of those fights.

Mila is too fun for an MMA fan. It would be nice to be able to transition between the three different ground positions and I'm surprised you can't cut off the strikes and finish with a submission, but she's really fun all in all. I like that she can get the takedown in so many ways, often cancelling her attacks into the double leg takedown. And the double leg itself can even be cancelled.

BTW: I really hope we get some DLC costumes and, in particular, stages. What we have is REALLY well done, but it doesn't feel like enough.

Squire

Banned
Mila is too fun for an MMA fan. It would be nice to be able to transition between the three different ground positions and I'm surprised you can't cut off the strikes and finish with a submission, but she's really fun all in all. I like that she can get the takedown in so many ways, often cancelling her attacks into the double leg takedown. And the double leg itself can even be cancelled.

BTW: I really hope we get some DLC costumes and, in particular, stages. What we have is REALLY well done, but it doesn't feel like enough.

You don't think there's enough of either?

Dantis

I'm happy with what we have, but I wouldn't mind more. Things like a classic costume pack, or a Ninja Gaiden themed pack, would be very welcome in terms of costumes.

How long will do we think it will be before we hear about DLC? Probably about a month or something?

DR2K

Banned
Is it true that "special bikinis" are only for Tina, Christie, and Lisa?

Also is there impression on how photo mode works?

That's what it seems like. I assume it's because outside of swaps they have less costumes than the rest of the female cast.

Squire

Banned
I'm happy with what we have, but I wouldn't mind more. Things like a classic costume pack, or a Ninja Gaiden themed pack, would be very welcome in terms of costumes.

How long will do we think it will be before we hear about DLC? Probably about a month or something?

Yeah, a month. That's really the recommended wait because you want to maintain interest in the game and its not good to wait too long, even with an established fan base. They should definitely be talking around Halloween. But yeah, I also think the gsme's really ripe for DLC. Not integral stuff (Hayashi claims they won't do fighters), but there's no reason to hold back stages and especially costumes.

Dantis

Yeah, a month. That's really the recommended wait because you want to maintain interest in the game and its not good to wait too long, even with an established fan base. They should definitely be talking around Halloween. But yeah, I also think the gsme's really ripe for DLC. Not integral stuff (Hayashi claims they won't do fighters), but there's no reason to hold back stages and especially costumes.

Yep. I was thinking it would be cool if they did a Ninja Gaiden costume pack, where Hayabusa got his pre-Batman-style Ninja Gaiden outfit, Ayane gets her hooded outfit from NG1, Kasumi could get like a Momiji outfit and Hayate could be, like, Genshin or something.

Essentially, everyone has 3 or 4 costumes plus some recolors. There are 15 stage "sets" (you can, of course, pick sub levels in many of these stages) but many familiar locals are left out. I don't feel cheated in the slightest. I just want more.

FEED.
ME.
MORE.

Well so far things are mixed and I'm keeping it real. There was a match that had Matrix Slow mo and the fight now also has it.

I saw around 4-5 smooth matches and 2 laggy so far
I was referring to the Matrix slow-mo when I clicked the link. Looked terrible. Hopefully day one patch sorts that out.

LowParry

Maaaaaan, I'm hoping the online smooths out come launch. Which can go both ways. Day 1 patch to improve? Or come launch, the more people playing, the more lag? Eventual patch later on if the online is bad and a patch is released due to fan demands? Ugh.

DR2K

Banned
Maaaaaan, I'm hoping the online smooths out come launch. Which can go both ways. Day 1 patch to improve? Or come launch, the more people playing, the more lag? Eventual patch later on if the online is bad and a patch is released due to fan demands? Ugh.

My theory is that the game was rushed to go gold and that they're working on a day 1 patch to smooth out the netcode. They put a lot of effort into matchmaking and online mode options it makes no sense to not focus on netplay. Especially since DOAU and DOA4 were especially good.

Vazra

My theory is that the game was rushed to go gold and that they're working on a day 1 patch to smooth out the netcode. They put a lot of effort into matchmaking and online mode options it makes no sense to not focus on netplay. Especially since DOAU and DOA4 were especially good.

It is possible and doable. Hopefully it gets better.

Top Bottom