• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

noodalls

Can someone explain what day 1 patches for network play do? I never understood why they can (or sometimes don't) make such a big difference to network play, and if they do, why they aren't implemented in the Gold disc.

Dantis

Can someone explain what day 1 patches for network play do? I never understood why they can (or sometimes don't) make such a big difference to network play, and if they do, why they aren't implemented in the Gold disc.

Because there's a lot of time between the game going gold and release day. The devs work on the patch in that time.

Squire

Banned
I was just watching that same video. seems like people are completely overreacting based on one guy's stories on FSD.

ultimately, we'll have to all wait and see but I wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah, exactly. One person's experience online is not at all indicative of what your own will be.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dem Twitch cops..

Look guys. I'll get some cool points by posting a link to a game being stream before release on a forum where thousands of people frequent including the community manager of Twitch! Who also said earlier he'll be shutting down streams of the game before embargo is up. Yay me!

Dantis

I was just watching that same video. seems like people are completely overreacting based on one guy's stories on FSD.

ultimately, we'll have to all wait and see but I wouldn't worry too much.

Like I said earlier,I watched five matches on one of the streams and they were all silky smooth.

I'm sure it will be fine.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I have no issues with the streams being cut down. I do understand the Twitch team might be checking around here if someone its streaming the game. While some of us manage to watch the stream for some time it somehow helps Twitch guys also find the early streamers so I suppose its a Win/Win situation for twitch and for some people that manage to catch up enough of the stream.

Back to the game:

The last video seemed decent in terms of lag so I'm a bit more at ease about playing online.

Vazra

Event: DOA5 PSN GAF Tournament by:Memento Mori15
Start Date: Sept 29th (Time TBA)
Time Zone: EST
Stream URL: (TBA)
Prize: 1st place wins $10 PSN Code or $10 Amazon Gift Card
MAX 16 PLAYERS

There are still spaces left if anyone wants to join!

EDIT: Argh I could have edited my post. T_T

Vazra

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Saw youtube videos with "supposed to be all the costumes" videos, and I haven't found any videos with this costume for Lei Fang. I hope they didn't remove it or change to DLC or something.

Also some of the costumes are really disappointing. Hopefully we get a lot of good DLC costumes.

He also didn't have any swimsuits. I imagine those are all the default costumes originally available?

SykoTech

No, it's the "Get all titles" trophy. You get a title for a character when you win 3000 online matches with them. Which means, you need to win 3000 matches with each character in order to get all those titles, for a total of 66,000 online matches.

asian_man_lol_gif-gif.11969

so DOA is looking like mvc3 vanilla netcode? ouch...

Certainly can't be that bad. I think it will be relatively fine.

Oh my God what..

Kasumi and Ayane speaking English?!

EDIT: Have to chuckle at the outfit select.

Tina's voice is....Eughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Costumes for all the girls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6ajVGDc0g

0:00 Kasumi & Ayane
1:43 Mila & Christie
3:23 Tina & La Mariposa/Lisa
5:22 Sarah & Pai
6:01 Hitomi & Kokoro
7:42 Leifang & Helena
9:22
Alpha-152
Just in case lol..
9:54 Eyeballing Leifang

Dat Leifang, epic tits and stomach. Kinda wish Mila had more variety with her outfits but her default and sweatsuit outfits are awesome so its all good.

DR2K

Banned
That was stated explicitly? I missed that.

Well yeah the Preorder Costumes and CE stuff will be made available for everyone, don't know if it'll be free or priced. But they've teased the idea of DLC costumes and have said no to charging for character or stage DLC as it would split the player base.

Oh man I remember playing the crap out of Survival mode just to unlock all the outfits/other goodies in DoA:U.

After I did that I never played the game again...

I honestly believe clothes and the unlocking/customization of them is the #1 reason why I got into 3D fighters. VF4 was a freaking revelation.
Hell I'm still kinda bugged with myself for buying VF5:FS and never playing it. Only being allowed to buy customization stuff killed the game for me I suppose.

Plus VF4 Evo had all those items you could win for doing certain missions, like performing X number of multiple throw escapes and so on. I got cool items and got better at the game! Brilliant!

Squire

Banned
Well yeah the Preorder Costumes and CE stuff will be made available for everyone, don't know if it'll be free or priced. But they've teased the idea of DLC costumes and have said no to charging for character or stage DLC as it would split the player base.

Oh, that I have heard, yeah.

The last one I played was Ultimate, so there's waaaaaay less when I look at it.

I'm in the same boat, but as DR2K said, it's not really fair to hold them to that standard.

And a lot of the costumes in DOA2U were color swaps, anyway.

segarr

Smaller roster and color swaps or not, it was still an insane amount. I think Kasumi had like 20, including a personal fav

1098189321.jpg

Man, I'd like a DOA HD collection so I could play the past ones at near the bullshot i.q. Team Ninja loves using for screens

I don't think paying for DLC is much different than paying for a re-release with new content. DOAU wasn't the first run of the game, so it's not fair to compare them. If you were to compare this one with DOA on Saturn, DOA2 on Dreamcast, DOA3 on XBOX, or DOA4 on XBOX360, I think you'd find that this one stacks up much better. Even comparing it against VF5FS (the third iteration of a game that already made money in the arcade) or TTT2 (the second iteration of a game that already made money in the arcade) doesn't exactly work either.

So yes, I think the game could use more content. But I think we got a great package for $60 and am willing to pay for DLC.

Squire

Banned
I don't think paying for DLC is much different than paying for a re-release with new content. DOAU wasn't the first run of the game, so it's not fair to compare them. If you were to compare this one with DOA on Saturn, DOA2 on Dreamcast, DOA3 on XBOX, or DOA4 on XBOX360, I think you'd find that this one stacks up much better. Even comparing it against VF5FS (the third iteration of a game that already made money in the arcade) or TTT2 (the second iteration of a game that already made money in the arcade) doesn't exactly work either.

So yes, I think the game could use more content. But I think we got a great package for $60 and am willing to pay for DLC.

This is... The most reasonable statement in regards to any DLC I've ever heard that didn't come out of my own mouth. Wow.

I agree.

Top Bottom