• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Mesharey

New tag partners (from FSD) :

1. Sarah/Akira
2. Sarah/Pai
3. Pai/Akira
4. Rig/Bass
5. Hitomi/Lei fang
6. Tina/Sarah
7. Mila/Tina
8. Bass/Mila
9. Helena/Kokorro
10. Rig/Jann lee
11. Akira/Kokorro

One of the throws for Rig and Jann lee is from Ein and Jann lee exactly.

Finished story mode with all missions, loved it, I wanted more. T_T

Regarding CB, honestly it's useless now with 4 hits like it doesn't exist, from 8 hours I used it only twice and because of bonus missions in story mode.

How much is in this compared to the other games isn't really the point.

It looked to me like a lot of the older costumes were missing, which means there's a lot of room for DLC with just that.

But then there's also the possibility for more original outfits and swimsuits.

After watching the video with all the females outfits, I can only think that there's a ton of DLC on the way, because I see so much possibility.

I wasn't complaining about it. I'm not thinking about canceling my CE pre-order or anything. I was just stating that I think there's going to be a lot of DLC.

Squire

Banned
How much is in this compared to the other games isn't really the point.

It looked to me like a lot of the older costumes were missing, which means there's a lot of room for DLC with just that.

But then there's also the possibility for more original outfits and swimsuits.

After watching the video with all the females outfits, I can only think that there's a ton of DLC on the way, because I see so much possibility.

I wasn't complaining about it. I'm not thinking about canceling my CE pre-order
or anything. I was just stating that I think there's going to be a lot of DLC.

Oh, sure! That's fine by me, personally. If they wanna release enough costumes to compete with or even surpass DOA2U I'm game for it. Soul Calibur V made costume pieces into a whole campaign. I see no problem with DOA doing it with outfits when it's been their schtick for years anyway. Especially if they're packed together the right way.

Look guys. I'll get some cool points by posting a link to a game being stream before release on a forum where thousands of people frequent including the community manager of Twitch! Who also said earlier he'll be shutting down streams of the game before embargo is up. Yay me!
He told me to post it. But I get what you're saying.

Squire

Banned
He told me to post it. But I get what you're saying.

And also: embargoes are for press, not consumers. No offense to Jared and of course the best thing to do is just honor his request not too, but if a stream does pop up, it's there job to take it down. I feel no guilt in watching/linking. The game's in MANY hands at this point, anyway.

I mean, it's funny when you think about it: what's left for any embargo to protect? What don't we know? What haven't we heard?

DR2K

Banned
And also: embargoes are for press, not consumers. No offense to Jared and of course the best thing to do is just honor his request not too, but if a stream does pop up, it's there job to take it down. I feel no guilt in watching/linking. The game's in MANY hands at this point, anyway.

I mean, it's funny when you think about it: what's left for any embargo to protect? What don't we know? What haven't we heard?

For one the game probably has a day 1 patch in development and people are being shown an unfinished netcode. The game that was illegaly sold as well.

New tag partners (from FSD) :

1. Sarah/Akira
2. Sarah/Pai
3. Pai/Akira
4. Rig/Bass
5. Hitomi/Lei fang
6. Tina/Sarah
7. Mila/Tina
8. Bass/Mila
9. Helena/Kokorro
10. Rig/Jann lee
11. Akira/Kokorro

One of the throws for Rig and Jann lee is from Ein and Jann lee exactly.

Finished story mode with all missions, loved it, I wanted more. T_T

Regarding CB, honestly it's useless now with 4 hits like it doesn't exist, from 8 hours I used it only twice and because of bonus missions in story mode.
I was hoping to see Mila/Zack and Rig/Hitomi because of their styles.

I didn't expect Sega to allow them to show Sarah and Pai in swimsuits, but it looks like they completely killed any alternate outfits altogether.

And yes, this game is going to have DLC out the ass. I expect one or two new characters and maybe up to five outfits per girl character.

Squire

Banned
I didn't expect Sega to allow them to show Sarah and Pai in swimsuits, but it looks like they completely killed any alternate outfits altogether.

And yes, this game is going to have DLC out the ass. I expect one or two new characters and maybe up to five outfits per girl character.

Characters have explicitly been ruled out. Why didn't you expect Sega to let Srah and Pai have swim suits? They have them in VF5:FS.

Characters have explicitly been ruled out. Why didn't you expect Sega to let Srah and Pai have swim suits? They have them in VF5:FS.

I guarantee you one of the agreements of letting them use the characters in the game was that they had to feature them in their normal outfits. I find the complete lack of any adventurous outfits bizarre.

Can anyone confirm if you can remove Lisas wrestler mask when you select her shiny white wrestler outfit? She looks way better without that stupid mask IMO.
Also, Im disappointed her red outfit with the thigh high boots from DoA4 is gone. On the flipside her silver swimsuit is great :)

Squire

Banned
I guarantee you one of the agreements of letting them use the characters in the game was that they had to feature them in their normal outfits. I find the complete lack of any adventurous outfits bizarre.

They have swim suits though. You know that, right? They come with the CE.

Galdelico

Good choice of costumes and nice design overall: some of them are brilliant, some a bit on the bland side (but it's always been like that in fighting games with multiple outfits per character, so it's not a big deal at all).
Just hope Team Ninja will take advantage of DLCs in order to bring back some classic stuff from previous DoAs.

Man, if I think I still have to wait more than a whole week... Jeez. X_X
Wanna play this game so bad.

Edit - one question guys: I've seen that video showing game options and I dont think I noticed anything like that... Can you confirm there's no single character english/japanese voice switch (as in SFIV/SFxT)?

Anyone picking up the strategy guide?

I picked up the guide for TTT2 and that one ended up being very useful and I'm beginning to wonder if DOA5's will be the same.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes

patapuf

DF really need to start posting their face-offs before the games come out.

while it would be handy i don't think it matters here.

According to impressions both versions perform fine and Team Ninjas previous game doesn't give reasons to worry about a big performance disparity.

The most important differentiator is probably wich console your friends use/which console is more popular in your region.

Astery

Being a complete noob in DOA, how do you back face an opponent on your own? I couldn't progress with the command training as I couldn't figure it out. Using Hitomi if that helps. Thanks for any help :)

So, I havent been following the game very closely, but did they remove that charge move where you direct your opponent towards stage hazards? It seems completely gone from all versions save for the original demo.

rvy

Banned
while it would be handy i don't think it matters here.

According to impressions both versions perform fine and Team Ninjas previous game doesn't give reasons to worry about a big performance disparity.

The most important differentiator is probably wich console your friends use/which console is more popular in your region.

My friends don't buy fighting games aside from VF. It boils down to which version is the best in my case.

Dantis

So, I havent been following the game very closely, but did they remove that charge move where you direct your opponent towards stage hazards? It seems completely gone from all versions save for the original demo.

Nope, still in there. You can only do it when you're below 50% health though, and it's apparently quite easy to counter.

Mesharey

It's available but it's different command for each character.
Being a complete noob in DOA, how do you back face an opponent on your own? I couldn't progress with the command training as I couldn't figure it out. Using Hitomi if that helps. Thanks for any help :)
RT or R2 or K+H and left, have fun, Hitomi is so good, she can hold both mid and high punches with 6H.

louie

Hitomi can't freely turn herself around, so you have to do it with a move. Try something like left+RT.

edit: or what Mesh said ^

stn

Is this game out yet? Is the soundtrack out? I generally love DOA OST's, nothing beats "Evolution" from DOA4.

patapuf

i don't know details for hitomi but some attacks end in a back facing stance. I'd try some of the high kicks.

However in my experience the training mode puts you in the correct position automatically, so it's strange that this isn't the case here. Maybe there is a setting you could change?

beaten, twice.

Is this game out yet? Is the soundtrack out? I generally love DOA OST's, nothing beats "Evolution" from DOA4.

the game is out next week. The soundtrack comes with the CE, i don't know if it's availabe separately.

Astery

It's available but it's different command for each character.

RT or R2 or K+H and left, have fun, Hitomi is so good, she can hold both mid and high punches with 6H.

Hitomi can't freely turn herself around, so you have to do it with a move. Try something like left+RT.

edit: or what Mesh said ^

i don't know details for hitomi but some attacks end in a back facing stance. I'd try some of the high kicks.

However in my experience the training mode puts you in the correct position automatically, so it's strange that this isn't the case here. Maybe there is a setting you could change?

beaten, twice.

Yes, normally they are positioned in the correct position, but not for attacks that require you in a back facing opponent stance.

thanks guys, got it with 4 H+K. :)

Makoto

Christie vs. Lisa Swimsuit Gameplay

21 Minutes of Ranked Online (From a player who wholly admits he's not good at the game)

Though he recommends getting the game, his initial impressions about the online quality are a mixed bag. At first he says that it's not as bad as Tekken 6. On his second match, he says that it's smooth with no noticeable lag. On the third, there are hiccups to which he says it's like Tekken 6 and sort of like SCV. "It's not bad, not great. It's pretty good." He says.

I suppose with the rumor that there is a day-1 patch addressing a few things, one of which being netcode, you should take the above video with a grain of salt because things will (more than likely) be different on launch day.

raven777

Well, apparently Shimbori and Hayashi said on TGS that they are currently making DLC costumes, but they don't know how many they will release

Fruitster

New costumes is all good, but personally I hope that we don't get anymore swimsuits. Some of the new costumes in DOA5 are great (like Kasumi's black ninja outfit) and I hope team ninja keep their creative hats on and don't just go for T&A.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
New costumes is all good, but personally I hope that we don't get anymore swimsuits. Some of the new costumes in DOA5 are great (like Kasumi's black ninja outfit) and I hope team ninja keep their creative hats on and don't just go for T&A.

Well I bet they will do tons of outfits Swimsuits and non T&A costumes. The thing is wait for everything to happen.

Pachinko

I'd actually be OK with reasonably priced DLC for this- say 500 points to add 1 new outfit for everyone ? 500 points for 1 new level ?

Then for anyone too lazy / poor to buy them on release, just do a jumbo pack 6 months down the road with everything for 1000 points or something.

Also needs to be said that it'd be very surprising if DOA5 didn't get a wii U release , likely including everything and anything downloadable , they could even have a wii U version of the metroid stage in there. ....

Tuesday can't come soon enough, so far it still seems like it will make it out on the 25th in canada so that's good.

I need Ayane's raccoon swimsuit, so we're going to have to get some more swimsuits.

branny

How's the music? Anything crazy awesome as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqbDS1cIxbw
There hasn't been a single song in any of the footage I've seen thus far that has jumped out at me beyond what sounds like a remix of Zero Hour and Ein's theme playing in that one Mila/Tina cutscene.

It's pretty disappointing, tbh, especially considering how amazing DoA2 and DoA4 are in this department (and DoA:D, to a lesser extent).

that's a lot of lisa

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd actually be OK with reasonably priced DLC for this- say 500 points to add 1 new outfit for everyone ? 500 points for 1 new level ?

Then for anyone too lazy / poor to buy them on release, just do a jumbo pack 6 months down the road with everything for 1000 points or something.

Also needs to be said that it'd be very surprising if DOA5 didn't get a wii U release , likely including everything and anything downloadable , they could even have a wii U version of the metroid stage in there. ....

Tuesday can't come soon enough, so far it still seems like it will make it out on the 25th in canada so that's good.

I hope they handle the DLC like the musou games. Tons of DLC costumes bundles for 1-2 bucks.

I don't think paying for DLC is much different than paying for a re-release with new content. DOAU wasn't the first run of the game, so it's not fair to compare them. If you were to compare this one with DOA on Saturn, DOA2 on Dreamcast, DOA3 on XBOX, or DOA4 on XBOX360, I think you'd find that this one stacks up much better. Even comparing it against VF5FS (the third iteration of a game that already made money in the arcade) or TTT2 (the second iteration of a game that already made money in the arcade) doesn't exactly work either.

So yes, I think the game could use more content. But I think we got a great package for $60 and am willing to pay for DLC.

I wish they bought back the Xbox TGS outfits. That was definitely including the kitchen sink right there.

Nope, still in there. You can only do it when you're below 50% health though, and it's apparently quite easy to counter.

Well that seems disappointing as all hell. So if that's useless, then I suppose its just a better playing DOA4 or are there broader system changes that I should read up on? The OP is kind of scarce on the nitty gritty details on the added mechanics.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Yeah, their costume design is actually really top-class, and arguably much more interesting than the swimsuits.

I'd like to see themed costume packs, personally. Christmas/Holidays, Alternative Profession, Race Queens, High Fashion, Men in Uniforms, etc...

I love how Kasumi's black ninja outfit actually has at least her traditional top stuffed under there, as well as blue ribbons. It's a nice little detail, they do such a good job at keeping the characters with themes and styles that seem to fit them, no matter how drastic they may appear at first.

Well that seems disappointing as all hell. So if that's useless, then I suppose its just a better playing DOA4 or are there broader system changes that I should read up on? The OP is kind of scarce on the nitty gritty details on the added mechanics.

Well, the Super-blow like things can be landed for "free" after you chain up enough stuns for a Critical burst. And I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like many characters might be able to cancel their super-like move into other moves? So while the move should be easy to counter if thrown out stupidly (Like everything SHOULD be), setups and mixups should be highly possible!

Top Bottom