• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I think DoA series is more friendly to newbies. That's just what I get from past series.

I know it can be competitive online. Still I always had the impression that DoA has so much fanservice that a lot of people just buy it for that.

Deep down this is probably one of the reasons I'm even considering this purchase.

So as long as the game has a decent community (enough to play), and the game is fun, it should be alright for me.

raven777

Is there a way to save replays for offline plays? like arcade modes?

Also, I wish the photo mode was more polished. But maybe I am asking too much.

And they should really allow users to upload the photos.

Ken

Any opinions on the strat guide? Actually worth getting?

I flipped through the guide while getting the game and saw a lot of tables and frame data so if you're into that I imagine it's worth it.

So the story mode tutorial thing tells me to do high strikes I need to mash P and K; is that really the only way? Seems kind of...weird for a category moves to just be mashing.

DR2K

Banned
I flipped through the guide while getting the game and saw a lot of tables and frame data so if you're into that I imagine it's worth it.

So the story mode tutorial thing tells me to do high strikes I need to mash P and K; is that really the only way? Seems kind of...weird for a category moves to just be mashing.

It wants you to hit high, standard p and kicks are high.

KSai

Oh man, online is awesome. I've been doing nothing but Ranked and local versus. I'm an E rank now, and matches are stopping. I'm sure there'll be more players later, right?

Lag is standard fare. I've had matches where it feels like I'm playing in jello and none of my inputs are going through, but the other player is fine. This last match I quit though, it lagged for both sides and it was terribly jumpy, I was destroyed without even a chance.

I love Tina. The cast is pretty solid. I hate Jann Lee players. I smashed one soundly with Kokoro today though, that was so joyous.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hitomi
10 hit combo will probably work it out once I learn properly her Critical burst
Jann Lee
8 hit combo while opponent is giving his back (training mode will probably help but no clue or near of doing it)
Hayabusa
Izuna Drop (This will be terrible for me but training)
Senko Izuna (same as above)
Helena
Evade OH and grapple (ehhh no idea)
Hayate
2 Hi Counter Hold (Did 1 but the second doesnt want to happen)
kasumi
Power Blow after Critical burst (its easy but I need to practice more the moves)

These are the missing missions I'm working on but now on thecommand training I can't get one of brad. Ren Jikusenho. If anyone got tips bring em.

Skilletor

He said it's way, way better with the VF characters though, because they can avoid a ton of things the others can't.

I don't see why it would be any different. I can see it being better with Akira because of palm, but it's performed the same and usually covers the same amount of distance.

Man, I am never going to unlock the Legend course. The AI on whatever the hardest pre-unlock difficulty is just tears me apart. I may as well not be holding the controller when I try to fight CPU Ayane.

zlatko

Banned
Hitomi
10 hit combo will probably work it out once I learn properly her Critical burst
Jann Lee
8 hit combo while opponent is giving his back (training mode will probably help)
Hayabusa
Izuna Drop (This will be terrible for me but training)
Senko Izuna (same as above)
Helena
Evade OH and grapple (ehhh no idea)
Hayate
2 Hi Counter Hold (Did 1 but the second doesnt want to happen)
kasumi
Power Blow after Critical burst (its easy but I need to practice more the moves)

These are the missing missions I'm working on but now on thecommand training I can't get one of brad. Ren Jikusenho. If anyone got tips bring em.

Have you tried online yet Pupi?

soakrates

I don't see why it would be any different. I can see it being better with Akira because of palm, but it's performed the same and usually covers the same amount of distance.
*shrug* All I know is that he said it's "useless" with DOA characters, and that Sarah's is the most effective. It definitely warrants further testing, but if what he's saying is true it seems pretty beastly at face value.

This is the second game I've bought in three weeks that's had an online pass that I didn't realize had one until after I bought it.

I think I saw someone mention it in here yesterday, but that doesn't count as before the game came out.

Was this known a week or two ago?

Dantis

This is the second game I've bought in three weeks that's had an online pass that I didn't realize had one until after I bought it.

I think I saw someone mention it in here yesterday, but that doesn't count as before the game came out.

In a word, yes.

Skilletor

it could be different just because of the way they chose to program those characters...

I guess, but from playing, I don't see what they're avoiding that others don't.

*shrug* All I know is that he said it's "useless" with DOA characters, and that Sarah's is the most effective. It definitely warrants further testing, but if what he's saying is true it seems pretty beastly at face value.

Definitely not useless. It's great for spacing and punishing. It could be better with VF characters just because they're better characters, though. I could totally see that (and I think the VF characters will be in a tier all their own).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Have you tried online yet Pupi?

First match was Laggy as hell but it was my fault I forgot I was downloading the new antivirus and other tools for the PC.

After finishing or cancelling some of the things the online went super smooth. I'm from Puerto Rico and my friend is from NY so there is a distance and it was good. I played non ranked matched and it was smooth. There were minor signs of lag here and there but for my 15 maches things were mostly smooth.

I did played 3 unranked matches and it was smooth too btw.

EDIT: Did Brad Wong (Didnt focused my eye on the left side that was showing me the timing on the demo SMH)

zlatko

Banned
First match was Laggy as hell but it was my fault I forgot I was downloading the new antivirus and other tools for the PC.

After finishing or cancelling some of the things the online went super smooth. I'm from Puerto Rico and my friend is from NY so there is a distance and it was good. I played non ranked matched and it was smooth. There were minor signs of lag here and there but for my 15 maches things were mostly smooth.

I did played 3 unranked matches and it was smooth too btw.

EDIT: Did Brad Wong (Didnt focused my eye on the left side that was showing me the timing on the demo SMH)

Damn this is going to be a hard decision tonight when I go to the store to purchase. I'm either doing this or Borderlands 2.

Decisions,decisions.

DR2K

Banned
Netcode is soo buttery smooth in lobby. 4-5 bar connections are great. Really wish ranked and simple match(this has a rematch option) would show bars.

Seems like everyone is playing lobby though.

Esura

Banned

I didn't know a week ago personally although I found out about them like a day or so before release. Online passes for both this and TTT2 kind of shocked me.

Skilletor

The frame data for this game is hilarious. It's color coded in the guide. Red = not safe, green = safe. It looks like a teacher went to town with a red pen.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Wait ... I never entered the online pass but played a few games online. Huh??

DirtyLary

So I got my old Hori RAP EX stick out for this. The buttons are in different spots compared to the TE sticks. It looks like this

[ B ] [ X ] [ Y ] [ LB ]
[ A ] [ LT ] [ RT ] [ RB ]

Can someone show me the preferred buttons layout for DOA5?

Are people using 3 buttons only or adding in the H ?

Thanks

Skilletor

So I got my old Hori RAP EX stick out for this. The buttons are in different spots compared to the TE sticks. It looks like this

[ B ] [ X ] [ Y ] [ LB ]
[ A ] [ LT ] [ RT ] [ RB ]

Can someone show me the preferred buttons layout for DOA5?

Are people using 3 buttons only or adding in the H ?

Thanks

A = Hold
B = Punch
X = Kick

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
From the manual: tecmokoeiamerica.com/survey/doa5

Hope they listen to feedback!

Personally I think the game is sorely lacking the music/costumes departments. The gym's track is especially horrible (feels like a 5 second loop).

Why would they get rid of CG endings? Those were always so godlike.

Story modes where you have to go through playing as random people are so annoying.

vocab

Finding games is really quick. Only had one really laggy match. All the other ones were really smooth. I really don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

Top Bottom