• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The quick look on GB has out me over the edge. I was already going to get this but damn that story mode, lol

If you are someone that likes movies that are so bad that end up good in your book it might be the case with DOA Story mode. Lols over silly crap and the story rarely makes any sense.

hao chi

Even after downloading the patch, installing the game, and restarting the game (and later my PS3), it still freezes 2-3 times within the first 20 or so seconds of the match.

Team Ninja Dog indeed.

They better patch this shit.

Skilletor

Fought a Jann Lee who was like...I dunno, talking shit into the mic. Sounded like he was talking to Tina...calling her a slut.

Running into good connections!

vocab

Alright. Whoever said this is like mk9 can fuck off. This game is about 100% more functional than that mess. I mean, when it's bad, it's bad, but the game is functional, and doesn't shit the bed. It loads fine, it runs fine, and plays fine. If you get a really bad connection, it's pretty shitty, but I expect that in almost every online game ever made.

hao chi

I deleted my install, skipped downloading the match, reinstalled, then hopped straight into a game and now it's working fine.

Weird. Hopefully it keeps working okay because the game seems pretty fun even if I'm far more awful at DOA than I remembered.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just finished story mode and was looking forward to playing some online ranked matches. Seeing what people are saying right now though.. damn...

Vazra

Just finished story mode and was looking forward to playing some online ranked matches. Seeing what people are saying right now though.. damn...

Lol I had mostly smooth matches.

I have overall 17 matches I believe and only 2 matches were laggy yet still playable.

so Katy still kicks my ass with La Mariposa. embarrassing since i played ultimate a load over the last year or so and she's not really played any fighting games in about four years.

she told me to ask if someone could make a gif of Zack doing the split jump kicks over and over because she beat me that way. anyone?

DR2K

Banned
Ech. This makes me a little wary. Whack frame data ruined SC4 for me. I hope that's not the case here.

Delayed strings make up for lack of safety. There's advanatge to safe(0 to + frames), disadvantage(hard to punish) -6 to -1, and unsafe(-7) means that the attack can be punished with a throw.

FHIZ

Doing Rig training, what the heck is "in turn leg cut"

I love DoA's training because they go move for move, all up until the point they start with the stances they never tell you to do. On Xbox, btw

Vazra

I love DoA's training because they go move for move, all up until the point they start with the stances they never tell you to do. On Xbox, btw

Some of those problems are solved watching the move list by pressing start and selecting it or try starting the string and then check around.

DR2K

Banned

Hit the demo (r3) to see the stance.

FHIZ

I'm doing the demo, but its so quick and goes immediately into the animation, I have no idea what move actually sets up the in turn leg cut stance or whatever it actually is. There's like ten of these moves :(

AdamMPSP

Just got mine in the mail from Amazon. Didn't get my pre-order bonus code. What's the deal with that? Do I need to contact Amazon?

raven777

Press K and youll see K strings. Press H and youll see H strings ect...

thats how I thought its suppose to work, but for some reason it always stay P even if I press k or H or T

There is a small picture of Lock above the moves, if that has to do with anything.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Alright. Whoever said this is like mk9 can fuck off. This game is about 100% more functional than that mess. I mean, when it's bad, it's bad, but the game is functional, and doesn't shit the bed. It loads fine, it runs fine, and plays fine. If you get a really bad connection, it's pretty shitty, but I expect that in almost every online game ever made.

I told you guys. People that are saying the netcode is bad are either playing in poor connections (their fault) or have no idea what bad netcode is (again: their fault).

DOA5's netcode, like other fighters, is based on connections. It's decent. Could it be better? Yeah but is it passable/work-able? Yes. Totally.

Someone spoil me: How do you get
Pai
? Is it through the story mode like most other unlocks or what?

Vazra

I told you guys. People that are saying the netcode is bad are either playing in poor connections (their fault) or have no idea what bad netcode is (again: their fault).

DOA5's netcode, like other fighters, is based on connections. It's decent. Could it be better? Yeah but is it passable/work-able? Yes. Totally.

Someone spoil me: How do you get
Pai
? Is it through the story mode like most other unlocks or what?

I got her on Story mode doing missions.

Top Bottom