• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's actually a typo. I beat it with just one level and got the trophy.

Well, that leaves me struggling with DOA5+'s survivals then... I really want to stab whoever made doing Legendary clears AGAIN a requirement.

Kumubou

I'm currently planning on just using the F2P version, buying my main from 5 and picking up the full game a month or two down the line if the community doesn't completely die like DoA5 did. You think that would not happen with the free version, but... honestly, i think the matchmaking isn't working quite right.

One random question: can you not unlock trophies in Core Fighters? I don't even see it in my trophy list or in my game feed... guess they did not want to give away everything.

Dantis

Man, the netcode is massively improved. Just been playing with some guys from PersonaGAF. Had thirteen matches, all ran really well, considering my terrible connection and the distance.

TheSeks

Man, the netcode is massively improved. Just been playing with some guys from PersonaGAF. Had thirteen matches, all ran really well, considering my terrible connection and the distance.

I dunno. For me I'm getting a bunch of 0-2 bars that are advertised at 4-5 bars. It was the same with the vanilla and plus version of the game. Same for P4U or any other game.

I'm going to get the 100 played online matches and then forget the online exists, again it seems.

Mesharey

My DOA5 was European and I bought DOA5:U from the US store, save file doesn't transfer (it used to work with DOA5 European ver. and edit: (US) DOA5+), I need to unlock the legendary costumes again. -.-"

TheSeks

Because both of those games (5/5+) was the same region. I told you this yesterday: It wouldn't work.

Mesharey

Because both of those games (5/5+) was the same region. I told you this yesterday: It wouldn't work.
Well, I didn't ask before, someone else. :p

Not the same region (fixed the first post), DOA5+ was from the US store, DOA5 European version.

Squire

Banned
Wow, this is great. Feels faster and the visual improvements are nothing to sneeze TN's first PS4/XB1 game could be a real beast.

Can't find any games online though. I also can't seem to unlock Helena's cop(?) outfit. Anybody know what's up with that?

TheSeks

so i go into training mode for the 1st time and there's annoying ding popups every 2-3 minutes. what are these and can you turn em off?

Throwdowns. Press X before entering the training character selection (mode selection, basically) to turn them off.

Grisby

Feels like online, ranked anyways, has completely flat-lined. Haven't been able to get anyone last night or today. Granted I haven't waited 20 minutes or anything but I feel like I should get someone in 10 minutes or so.

Maybe it'll get better on the weekend.

TheSeks

Doubt it, got my ranked trophy and then bailed to lobbies. At least I'm getting matches toward the 100 played and then the online can flatline complete for me since it's false advertising connections and 2 bars is getting me lag spikes. :/

Squire

Banned
Feels like online, ranked anyways, has completely flat-lined. Haven't been able to get anyone last night or today. Granted I haven't waited 20 minutes or anything but I feel like I should get someone in 10 minutes or so.

Maybe it'll get better on the weekend.

That's my experience so far, too. Pretty ridiculous.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think the matchmaking just has problems in general. I don't think it necessarily is an indicator of population. You'll find matches faster by leaving the search on while in training mode than you will by doing an actual search.

Sophia

It's amazing how nearly lag free the games are. Helps my connection is rock solid for hosting lobbies.

Sophia

I unlocked costumes for all six currently free characters. However another person we played with wasn't able to unlock costumes for Momiji, whom he paid for.

Well shit. I was really looking forward to unlocking Momiji's 3rd costume. I can't complain about this total package, but at least mention this first, Tecmo. -_-

Mesharey

No, is that why it wasn't working? Now that I think about it I guess it should have been obvious that's why it wasnt working. Oh well, It doesn't matter anymore since my disc came in today.
I unlocked her costumes in the free version.
Unlocked costumes for Ayane, Jann Lee, and Hitomi before downloading the full version.

DR2K

Banned
No, is that why it wasn't working? Now that I think about it I guess it should have been obvious that's why it wasnt working. Oh well, It doesn't matter anymore since my disc came in today.

I'm guessing. You can try unlocking a change with the 4 ninjas. Other characters are just trial characters if you don't buy them.

TheSeks

I'm guessing. You can try unlocking a change with the 4 ninjas. Other characters are just trial characters if you don't buy them.

Apparently even if you do buy them they aren't unlocking outfits. Of course, this is on GameFAQs so take it with a grain of salt but buying the disc is probably a better option.

Squire

Banned
Apparently even if you do buy them they aren't unlocking outfits. Of course, this is on GameFAQs so take it with a grain of salt but buying the disc is probably a better option.

It's true. I bought Helena and I can't get at least one costume to unlock. It's not that big a deal (The improvements are so good I'm just gonna buy the whole thing in a sale), but since I did pay for her, it'd be nice if I could.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Man, it's takes so long to find a ranked much, it's just as bad as vanilla. ;_;

I wonder if its because the matchmaking is still crap or if no ones playing.

TheSeks

Wait, is player match gone?

No, that's lobbies.

Search any/any/any... and you'll find rooms. I played 16 matches today within like... 2-3 hours in an 8 player room. Problem is connection/spectator lag and lag spikes.

Airgetlam

Ranked matches seem really dead. I only got one throwdown in an hour. I guessing it's because it's the middle of the week and people are busy.
I also have the pre-order bonus costume code from Gamestop that the guy gave me even though I didn't pre-order. I'm definitely willing to trade it for the Amazon pre-order bonus if anyone is interested.

benzy

Guess it's time to bring back photomode.

albumnj03u041600602811dume.jpg

albumnj03t585300602815jb1j.jpg

Man I'm disappointed with Hitomi's second new costume. The ugly socks, silly looking suspenders, the bear head. It just doesn't look very good IMO. Obviously not every costume is a winner but I feel like it could look alright if they tweaked it a bit.

Bet it's Tengu.
Psh, it's Ryo Hazuki
It will definitely be Tengu

Rank matches is broken or something. Takes forever to find someone. Lobbies is where it's at...again. Played a few matches but mostly just talked to random strangers. Most of the matches were better than vanilla.

Top Bottom