• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

LTWheels

Wait, so Hitomi is a limited unlock, not permanent?

Aw, guess I have to buy her, then.

DOA Core fighter's system of character buying/unlocking seems smart, very very smart. I want to see this kind of thing employed in future F2P games.

Does this game use a ticket system for online mode, though? Like the Tekken F2P?

KI seems to be doing something similar to Core Fighters but on a smaller scale (smaller cast of characters)

SkylineRKR

Core fighters is really awesome as you basically get everything except for characters. But if Kasumi is your main and you don't give a fuck about Story mode, then CF is enough because there is training, arcade, vs, online... and its not ticket based. All stages seem to be in too, the 3 new ones need to be unlocked by playing online.

Planning to get this today, hopefully. Have two questions:

1. Does Jann Lee's UB+B (would be UB+O on the PS3) launch?
2. Is Evolution from DOA4 in the custom themes?

Thanks!

Have not used Jann Lee and deleted the game because I expect the full version tomorrow, but Evolution is in.

Anyone know how to unlock Momiji's outfit 3 and 4? Good thing the one I wanted, outfit 2, the white ninja outfit, came unlocked by default.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Anyone know how to unlock Momiji's outfit 3 and 4? Good thing the one I wanted, outfit 2, the white ninja outfit, came unlocked by default.

Just finish one of the modes with her. You unlock costumes with any different mode/difficulty. You won't unlock a costume if it says clear on the right of the screen during character select.

thundr51

So what new costumes Helena got that are in the disc? Anything good in particular?

Haven't put a lot of time in yet but so far I've unlocked 2 for Helena(my main). One is some military green meter maid outfit complete with shades( something I'd expect Tina to wear honestly) and the other was a white bunny outfit. Hopefully that's not all she'll get, as she normally doesn't get much.

On a side note I'd be interesting to play another Helena, hit me up if you're looking for some free wins PSN ThundR

Wow at Pai actually looking good now

4.gif

doesn't look like pai.

Just finish one of the modes with her. You unlock costumes with any different mode/difficulty. You won't unlock a costume if it says clear on the right of the screen during character select.

I beat the first 3 difficulties of arcade mode with her and nothing.

Dantis

Planning to get this today, hopefully. Have two questions:

1. Does Jann Lee's UB+B (would be UB+O on the PS3) launch?
2. Is Evolution from DOA4 in the custom themes?

Thanks!

Evolution is indeed in there. I set it as my menu theme. :D

ShinAmano

Can someone explain throwdowns to me? There are a couple different colors when a challenger comes...I would prefer not to accept tag matches.

Also are unlocks just finishing a mode with a character?

Is there a way to preview dlc?

Also in general the lack of booklets in games now pusses me off.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That Ayane costume first appeared in DOA++, and was also in DOA2 and DOA2 Ultimate. I'm disappointed in the lack of DOA nerdiness in this thread. :p

Right, but the underboob is new. Technically it was there in 2U as well but not as majorly noticeable.

AlStrong

hm... bug? I've seen all 4 of Hitomi's victory poses, but the 4th one (V for Victory!) doesn't unlock in the movie list. (X360)

Nori Chan

I noticed there was an ultimate costume pack on the marketplace, so I have a couple of questions about it:

1)Does it offer any discount at all? Or would I be better off buying it individually?
2)Does this offer ALL of the costumes that are not obtainable in DOA5U?

DR2K

Banned
I noticed there was an ultimate costume pack on the marketplace, so I have a couple of questions about it:

1)Does it offer any discount at all? Or would I be better off buying it individually?
2)Does this offer ALL of the costumes that are not obtainable in DOA5U?

Yes to both.

ShinMaruku

I am just so impressed with the changes. But I am kinda miffed that Hitomi has a move that does bound but she can't do shit be because she's saying "Osu!"

Skilletor

I went ahead and picked it up on 360 just because it's easier to capture (fuck HDCP), but I'm letting my gold lapse after this month, so I'll be using it for local only.

I'm going to be playing a bunch with a friend this weekend, so I'll be capping hours of matches. I've only gone through training with Rachel, but I think I want to learn her.

UK Playstation Store has all the costumes packs up for purchase.

No sign of Core Fighters yet unless I can't find it.

Think it's definitely arriving Friday.

I sent a tweet out to Tecmo Koei Europe asking when CF would be released, and that I expected it to be up today. 1 minute later, they Followed me and put out a public tweet saying DOA5U will be up in the Store this week. Didn't mention CF specifically, but the Follow then timing of that tweet suggests they read my question and imply CF will arrive the same time DOA5U digital goes up.

Damn annoying, though.

Great game - really enjoying some of the new... enhancements... the game has on display.

Also - I have an extra code for the game on PSN if someone's interested. Offer me something, and it's probably yours.

On-topic #2 - is it just me, or does it seem that DOA5 Ultimate moves quicker than DOA 5? My rounds consistently end a few seconds faster now, and I'm finding that my reactions are slightly behind what I'm used to.

Great game - really enjoying some of the new... enhancements... the game has on display.

Also - I have an extra code for the game on PSN if someone's interested. Offer me something, and it's probably yours.

On-topic #2 - is it just me, or does it seem that DOA5 Ultimate moves quicker than DOA 5? My rounds consistently end a few seconds faster now, and I'm finding that my reactions are slightly behind what I'm used to.

Could I take you up on this offer, please?

I think the only thing I could offer game-wise, is a JP code for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, assuming it's still in date. You would need a JP account to activate it, but it would work on your normal account too, once installed.

Not sure I have anything else... :/ But uh, no worries if not :)

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

I'll be happy to take that code off your hands and I can offer you...nothing cause I'm broke at the moment :( unless you want a random used ps2/ps3/gc game.

On topic though, so far this core fighters version of DOAU is pretty fun. Only thing meh is my experience with the ranked match netcode. In endless lobby it's smooth and at least better than patched Tekken 6/MK but in Ranked all I get is matches where it says 5 bars then in gameplay I can literally count the frame of each move because of crazy ass slowdown.

So I preordered at gamestop, and when I picked the game up, it had no dlc code in it. Then gamestop told me they didnt have it.

What should I do?

IconGrist

I don't know if it has been addressed yet but the Clear all (Tag) courses trophies/achievements are typos. You only have to clear one like the (Solo) trophies/achievements.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/us/information/info_20130903.html

"It was recently discovered that some of the achievement/trophy conditions in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate are listed as "Clear all courses" when the actual unlock condition is "Clear 1 course". This applies to the following achievements and trophies:

・Arcade (Tag) Cleared
・Time Attack (Tag) Cleared
・Survival (Tag) Cleared

We apologize for any confusion."

Platinum trophy here I come.

IconGrist

My trophy list for vanilla sits at 97% because of the clear all Survival trophy. Never could get higher than 55 on Legend. Saddens me deeply.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
My trophy list will be stuck at 85% for vanilla because of the throw down trophies and the 1000 fights because the online died and I had no one to play with.

alstein

Just saw the OMG breast physics setting- pure hilarity. (apparently you unlock it via story mode)

I need to start actually playing this name and not mashing buttons.

My copy came in today and I've been messing around with Ein for the past ten minutes and I have to say he's pretty dope. I definitely see myself using him quite a bit.

Mesharey

Regarding the trophies, solo survival 100 is still required. >.>

Can someone explain throwdowns to me? There are a couple different colors when a challenger comes...I would prefer not to accept tag matches.

Also are unlocks just finishing a mode with a character?

Is there a way to preview dlc?

Also in general the lack of booklets in games now pusses me off.
You can change it if you want, tag or solo before (or afrer?) choosing arcade.

Yes.

You can check some DLC costumes from character select screen (and check more costumes in character select screen online).

Top Bottom