• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

m0t0k1

hoping PS4/Xbone version of DOA5U to be announced at TGS...

please do it Team Ninja...I will buy it again.

Still want to see a doa5u on wiiu its the perfect name. And now that they have a Zelda model + samus model could be great guest characters.

DR2K

Banned
I'm sorry but they need to start issuing refunds for phase 4 or fix the netcode so she works in it. Ridiculous.

DR2K

Banned
What's happening?

She's a poorly designed character, that requires strict timing for no reason. Netcode doesn't allow the character to properly function.

She's also as safe as a condom with holes in it. Just a really shitty character.

Skilletor

She's a poorly designed character, that requires strict timing for no reason. Netcode doesn't allow the character to properly function.

She's also as safe as a condom with holes in it. Just a really shitty character.

I actually like the semi-jf stuff. I wouldn't say it's strict timing, though, or that it's for no reason. She seems to do pretty good damage off of the teleport stuff. High execution, high damage reward.

Is she super powerful right now? Aside from online stuff, because the netcode in this game is garbage anyway. I have the hardest time fighting people because it's just so hard to punish.

But does she seem powerful offline? I haven't had a chance to watch much footage.

DR2K

Banned
I actually like the semi-jf stuff. I wouldn't say it's strict timing, though, or that it's for no reason. She seems to do pretty good damage off of the teleport stuff. High execution, high damage reward.

Is she super powerful right now? Aside from online stuff, because the netcode in this game is garbage anyway. I have the hardest time fighting people because it's just so hard to punish.

But does she seem powerful offline? I haven't had a chance to watch much footage.

She's way too unsafe from what I'm hearing to even be decent offline.

I'm ready for NeoTengu.

ShinMaruku

Not sure if she's unsafe enough to be played online but she does seem to be a tad too strict with her strings.

I think Nyo Tengu (Aka ms kstoute) will be great for some players who will make people blow up.

ShinMaruku

She is so good with whiff punishes and what not. You have to make some good reads to best use her. I think we need some extensive testing before we can say if she's good or bad.

ShinMaruku

How did you know it's 1.5 million?

Well I was off by 200k it's 1.3 million times downloaded.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/24/playstation-store-update-348/
"Join us in celebrating over 1.3 million downloads of DOA5U: Core Fighters! For a limited time only, get Mila as a gift with your free download! DOA5U: Core Fighters offers all the content of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (except for certain characters, music, and Story mode) so anyone can experience the intuitive fighting system, gorgeous characters and blockbuster stages of Dead or Alive. "

I'm looking for artist to collaborate with for the next Dead or Alive 5 costume content. I've got an idea in mind, but my artistic skills are not up to snuff, so if anyone would like to get some practice in drawing something different, please let me know.

I don't have much to offer in return, but I'm sure I could scrounge up a $20 PSN card for your trouble. (North American.)

Feel free to post here or send me a PM in you're interested. My idea is not very complicated, but it is a sexy costume for a guy, so just a heads up. Thanks.

stn

Doing the trials. How the hell do I turn Gen Fu so his back is to his opponent? So stupid, wish there was an option to make it happen. Also, this game has the worst control response of any fighter ever. I was performing one throw with Akira that took me 10+ tries EVEN THOUGH the input display at the bottom was showing the correct motion.

ShinMaruku

Rumor from the Germs is September next gen DOA5u, but keep in mind just the German grape vine... Here's to gamescom.
Please let this be true, don't break my heart Germany

AAK

I would take that rumor with a huuuuuge grain of salt. Considering how many resources it would take to port something from PS3 to PS4 which has completely different architecture, I find this EXTREMELY unlikely.

Skilletor

I would take that rumor with a huuuuuge grain of salt. Considering how many resources it would take to port something from PS3 to PS4 which has completely different architecture, I find this EXTREMELY unlikely.

Isn't the arcade running on a PC-type board? Would make porting to PS4/XB1 a lot easier.

ShinMaruku

Also since it was made on vita too porting should be easier using that framework. The test bed for PS4 development tools started on vita. And with the money this bring in monthly resources would be well paid for.

AAK

You're right. Completely forgot about that. But I still am pretty reluctant in believing it. If there was any next gen development going on at Team Ninja I think it's more likely going to be a brand new game rather than a port. But we'll see.

Skilletor

You're right. Completely forgot about that. But I still am pretty reluctant in believing it. If there was any next gen development going on at Team Ninja I think it's more likely going to be a brand new game rather than a port. But we'll see.

Seems to be a lot of life left in their plans for DOA. Would make sense to get a port out this year to help build a userbase with a new fighter out sometime within the next 1-1.5 years.

ShinMaruku

Seems to be a lot of life left in their plans for DOA. Would make sense to get a port out this year to help build a userbase with a new fighter out sometime within the next 1-1.5 years.

I agree. I would take 2 1.5-2 years for a real next gen fighter effort comes out for them. As PS3/360 salse die down there would be a opportunity to grab people on next gen. (Hell get new ones, there is no real competition in fighters here and Team Ninja is best set up to use this on next gen consoles.

stn

Thanks for the help. Have more questions:

1. Any tips on doing Hayate's raijin? I did it in DOA4 but forgot if I did anything special to perform it.

2. Ayane has the following: (Back to foe) DF (Hold) + KKK. Its also not coming out for me. Simple command but I'm clearly missing something.

EDIT: Disregard. Command training 100% complete! :D

JP

Loads of posts here so haven't read them all, looking for some advice that I'm guessing is going to be simple for you lot. I've just upgraded DOA5U: Core Fighters to the full version of DOA5U via the Big in Japan Sale and the content has downloaded and installed. I've gone into Spectator mode to check that I do have all the content but it shows me that the characters Marie Rose and Phase 4 still need to be purchased.

Only the first two costumes for each character are available with the others listed as "Locked" but I'm guessing this doesn't mean that I don't own them but that I just have to play to unlock them?

Thanks.

Mesharey

These 2 characters were added later, they're not included in the full game.

There's also another character that will be added later (NyoTengu) and it requires a separate purchase.

Jaeger

Just bought a copy off eBay for a decent price (less than $30, Free Ship). I have not really played a DOA game seriously since 2 on the Dreamcast. Played a bit of 3 and 4, but only briefly.

From what I gathered this is a much better game/package than all the previous ones. Am I right to assume that? I also like the large cast, and consistent DLC it seems to be getting.

Vade

Just bought a copy off eBay for a decent price (less than $30, Free Ship). I have not really played a DOA game seriously since 2 on the Dreamcast. Played a bit of 3 and 4, but only briefly.

From what I gathered this is a much better game/package than all the previous ones. Am I right to assume that? I also like the large cast, and consistent DLC it seems to be getting.

Good game, can still get lobby matches and such, ranked is rather unpopulated at time from just the ranked menu itself, but throw downs help elevate some of this. Also net code can be absolutely terrible from time to time from just bad.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
I finally got around to buying the disc version of the game. Till now I've only had core fighters with a couple I bought. Feels good to have the full cast now, Tina and Lisa are gonna get a lot of time for me.

Personally, I think this is the best version of DOA ever. It has the most depth, best fighting engine(imo) and most characters out of all of the DOA games. If you like the previous games, I think you should definitely like this one. It's not as colorful as the other games, but I love the new visual direction with the realistic models/characters. They look spectacular.

Jaeger

Good to see the good praise for this. And I'll third that "glad the anime/doll face" thing is done with. Looks SO much better, now.

Can't wait to get it (I'm expecting delivery Friday).

Yeah, honestly, I think it is worth sacrificing a little background detail and texture quality for the superior models. I know people like to give Hayashi a hard time, but I think he is doing an excellent job with the DOA franchise now. I think a next generation DOA5 or DOA anything will look phenomenal since they will obviously have less limitations.

Top Bottom