• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme - Venus Vacation PRISM announced for PS5, PS4 and Steam

Eimran

If Sweet Baby sees this they will die.

PUgU6ER.gif

Celcius

°Temp. member
I urge everyone to buy at least 5 copies of this game.

This will help reverse the damage that has been done to this industry in the last half decade.
I was going to buy the steam version but then I didn't want to do any VPN shenanigans with my account, plus don't have an asian credit card or anything.

I was going to import the physical ps5 version, but then I realized that it would be the only disc game I would own and if I upgrade to a PS5 Pro or PS6 down the line I want to have a digital system.

...I'll wait and see if a Switch 2 version gets announced (and whether the game is any good in the first place).

edit: Maybe I'd just grab the PS5 version though. We'll see.

Last edited:
Those explicit games are not made by a big company as Tecmo.
I said MORE explicit games. Tecmo aren't making those kinds of games, they're making a softcore volleyball game (or whatever it is now). It's not as risque as it once was, and there's no reason to be afraid of it.

NanaMiku

I'm in the US and don't see this on Steam. Is this also region locked?!

giphy.gif

Back to my Switch copy I go I guess
Edit: Or, I guess I could import the PS5 version this time although it would literally be the only game I have on disc...
You can always make a new PS account with Asia region to buy the digital version

Last edited:

LRKD

Does it remove all the microtransactions? Or is it still microtransaction daily log in mobile phone simulator?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
They don’t want to offend the Modern Western Audiences would be my guess.

Yes, it has been that way since Xtreme 3. So no shock this one is region lock too

‘KOEI Tecmo Games’ announced the game back in August, confirming that it will be ‘exclusive to Japan and Asia’ with an option of English-language. ‘Dead or Alive Xtreme 3’ game is due to be shipped out on February 25, for PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita and it should be easily available from most decent import sites.

We now know that ‘Dead or Alive Xtreme 3’ will not be published in Western Countries according to Facebook page response given by The Team Ninja community manager. The Facebook response said:

Do you know many issues happening in video game industry with regard to how to treat female in video game industry? We do not want to talk those things here. But certainly we have gone through in last year or two to come to our decision. Thank you.

‘KOEI Tecmo Europe’ responded back saying:

“Kudos to the [Team Ninja’s Community Manager] for being honest. But if you really want it, you can import EN ver.”

Nickolaidas

Nickolaidas

So once you use VPN to add/buy the game into your library, will it remain visible if you return to your country's VPN? Or do you constantly need to use VPN to play the game?

NanaMiku

So once you use VPN to add/buy the game into your library, will it remain visible if you return to your country's VPN? Or do you constantly need to use VPN to play the game?
IIRC you don't need to turn on the VPN again. I bought Chroma Squad on release, but later on got region block because of Toei/Saban. I just tested the game (downloading and running the game) and there's no problem.

But it'll be a different case if the game needs an internet connection like the F2P game. I don't know if you need VPN to always on to play that.

Stitch

Gold Member
But it'll be a different case if the game needs an internet connection like the F2P game. I don't know if you need VPN to always on to play that.
You only need it for the download. The game starts without VPN.
There are also a few games that only start in specific regions so you always need VPN. They did it with a lot of russian versions of games, because people started buying those because they were dirt cheap.

MrMephistoX

Used to be into this series but then I got married and had a daughter so hard pass. I’d buy DOA7 though since at least they’re doing something empowering by fighting Dennis Rodman and Hulk Hogan knock offs so I can feel less awkward about it…right? 😅

SenkiDala

No Xbox ? Damn that's what I HATE so much with MS consoles... The releases in every series is so inconsistant... We got DOA3,4,5,6, and beach volley games but not this one ?

It's like Street Fighter 4 OK, 5 nope, 6 ok.
FFVII Crisis Core ok, remaster : fuck off.
Silent Hill 2 ok, 3 nope, 4 ok, all next ones ok, SH2 Remake fuck you.
Persona 3/4/5 ok, Tactica ok, Strikers fuck off.

That's boooooooring...

Three

No Xbox ? Damn that's what I HATE so much with MS consoles... The releases in every series is so inconsistant... We got DOA3,4,5,6, and beach volley games but not this one ?

That's boooooooring...
The moral of the story is buying an xbox and expecting all games in the series for Japanese games to come to it is not very smart.

Natsuko

That's boooooooring...

3 aka Scarlet / Fortune didn't exist on the Xbox either. Only DoAX and X2.

NanaMiku

That's boooooooring...
With the current trend, Xbox is a bad console to own if you like Japanese games
Even the smaller games are skipping Xbox.

Pimpbaa

Tecmo are a bunch of pussies for not releasing it in NA. I can’t see Sony stopping them otherwise they would look hypocritical for publishing (and helped developed) Stellar Blade. Definitely seen more erotic (and weird) games on Steam before too.

Stu_Hart

Their decision to not release it in the west is on them. They assume there would be an outrage. We have seen games released this year in the west with these stuff intact, so who are they kidding? The same could be said with the dragon quest developer. They assume that there would be a massive outrage and toned down their game. I know the west can be ridiculous with their takes, but it's about time the developers take responsibility and look around at their own team and who they keep before blaming everyone...

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

That's boooooooring...
Xbox got the entire DOA1 to 6 though, so it is the best platform for DOA fighting games

For DOA Xtreme games, PC is the best

Top Bottom