• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster using RE Engine. Releasing 9/18.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

giphy.gif

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Is this a remake? Yes, I know it says 'Remaster', but that could be due to marketing purposes. I'm asking because this game was already remastered once.
Pretty much, right now on the livestream they're talking about how while it was originally approached as a remaster, they definitely put more love into it. So it almost does feel more like a remake, which is why they're going with calling it "deluxe remaster."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this a remake? Yes, I know it says 'Remaster', but that could be due to marketing purposes. I'm asking because this game was already remastered once.
Graphics and UI have been totally remade, but the game keeps the original's gameplay and animations. So kind of like a cross between a remaster and a remake.

nial

Gold Member
Pretty much, right now on the livestream they're talking about how while it was originally approached as a remaster, they definitely put more love into it. So it almost does feel more like a remake, which is why they're going with calling it "deluxe remaster."
Graphics and UI have been totally remade, but the game keeps the original's gameplay and animations. So kind of like a cross between a remaster and a remake.
Thanks, so is it being made internally at Capcom?
Although I do find it weird that they were originally just making a simple remaster of a game that was already remastered, maybe they realized that and decided that they had to put more effort into it?

March Climber

Gold Member
Thanks, so is it being made internally at Capcom?
Although I do find it weird that they were originally just making a simple remaster of a game that was already remastered, maybe they realized that and decided that they had to put more effort into it?
I’m glad they did because they added some modern features in regards to the camera and controls.

NPC AI improvements are a good thing too.

Bry0

Ok after watching the capcom video, this actually looks awesome lol. I’ve loved this game since 2006 and the improvements looks really nice I think.
I’m glad it’s being done in-house too. Once dead rising went to western studios it really lost something.

Last edited:

KaiserBecks

Game of the year right there. I adore Dead Rising and this looks like everything I could’ve asked from a remake. Will pre order digital and buy the physical version as well.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Ok after watching the capcom video, this actually looks awesome lol. I’ve loved this game since 2006 and the improvements looks really nice I think.
I’m glad it’s being done in-house too. Once dead rising went to western studios it really lost something.

Dead Rising 3 was cool but may as well have been a different series

TwiztidElf

No Switch version? Fuck!
I'll hold out hope that the switch version announcement is being held back to be in the first round of launch titles for switch 2.

Seriously one of the absolute GOATs. I'm so happy with this news.

Gambit2483

No Switch version? Fuck!
I'll hold out hope that the switch version announcement is being held back to be in the first round of launch titles for switch 2.

Seriously one of the absolute GOATs. I'm so happy with this news.
At this point, I'm expecting everything not announced for Switch will eventually be announced on Switch 2, especially if it's from a Japanese developer.

Danknugz

the gameplay imo was so rock solid it's one of those games that would still be fun even with bad graphics, the timer gameplay added a lot of replay value when going back on other play throughs. i played through all the remasters last gen and all the og games and dlcs. But i dropped off after DR3 and own DR4 but still haven't played it.

Codes 208

Gold Member
the gameplay imo was so rock solid it's one of those games that would still be fun even with bad graphics, the timer gameplay added a lot of replay value when going back on other play throughs. i played through all the remasters last gen and all the og games and dlcs. But i dropped off after DR3 and own DR4 but still haven't played it.
Tbf youre not missing much, dr4 was just a worse version of 3

Though tbf i preferred 3 over the the rest of the series as i dont like time limits (the only game that got that right imo was majoras mask)

Danknugz

Tbf youre not missing much, dr4 was just a worse version of 3

Though tbf i preferred 3 over the the rest of the series as i dont like time limits (the only game that got that right imo was majoras mask)
DR3 was a major disappointment for me, when it launched with that gen i was super over hyped and was eexpecting this incredible sea change in the meta of the game and thought it was going to be this super survival horror, gritty first person-style experience where just one zombie would be an excruciating experience and getting through the mall i envisioned as way more dark, realistic and immersive, sadly it just ended up being just the same old campy hundreds of zombies on screen with the horrible hit stop animations, and shallower of a story.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
DR3 was a major disappointment for me, when it launched with that gen i was super over hyped and was eexpecting this incredible sea change in the meta of the game and thought it was going to be this super survival horror, gritty first person-style experience where just one zombie would be an excruciating experience and getting through the mall i envisioned as way more dark, realistic and immersive, sadly it just ended up being just the same old campy hundreds of zombies on screen with the horrible hit stop animations, and shallower of a story.
I liked it because it reminded me of Return of the Living Dead, bosses with seven deadly sins theme, cool combo weapons, good regular weapons, decent driving options, and a great sandbox open world. Only downer was that Nick was kind of a pussy in cutscenes. The DLCs were awesome too.

Last edited:
are those the og remaster vs new or the og og? the level design can't really be changed as its integral to the game play and timing.

Agreed, it is.

But that doesn't keep them from making changes.

Think of RE4. The village is more or less the same from the original but with more verticality and more efficient use of space and assets.

Beat you to that by 10 months! I wonder if they'll keep this achievement in the game though:

kqlS6t3.jpeg

Nice !

I bought the game day one and completed it but I hadn’t re-subscribed to XBL then. I was back online for that true ending play through tho, I suspect that’s why some of my other achievements don’t have the unlock date

Top Bottom