• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster using RE Engine. Releasing 9/18.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Really hyped that it's much more than just a remaster, I loved this game a lot. Huge day 1 for me, and I'll definitely get the edition with all the dumb new costumes, lol. Nemesis and Licker Frank? LFG!

Bridges

No co-op is a shame, but even still I'm so fucking in. One of the best games of all time.

And those pre-order costumes are dope. I love that classic Frank is an option

I’m just here dreading what exactly they are going to censor and alter from the original for the sake of “modern sensibilities.”

fatmarco

I don't get Capcoms obsession with continuosly ruining Franks character model. He looked fine in the first game, then in DR2 they recede his hairline and make him look completely haggard, which isn't fitting for his character. Now in this they've doubled down on that "Off the Record" look.

frank-west-dead-rising-remaster.jpg

To be perfectly honest, the character model looks more in line with the tone of Dead Rising 4's Frank than Dead Rising 1's. Dead Rising 1 isn't a comedy narrative despite it having a lot comedic elements and gameplay, it takes itself seriously which is meant to be part of the charm.

Making his character model look goofy like this compromises the tone and intent of the game I feel.

Compared to the OG key art:

frank-west-771161-normal.jpg

This should have been the direction they took with the character model.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FYI this is going to be digital only at launch on September, but a physical release is coming later in November.

I might just wait till that. Multiple other games already coming in September that I'm gonna play too.

Bridges

Just pre-ordered. It's only $50 or you can get the bundle with skins for $60.

Capcom is king. I hope this does well and they either remake 2 or make a sequel. I would be completely okay with them making a new Dead Rising 3 and pretending 3/4 never happened like Crash 4

xrnzaaas

Autosaving is a good quality of life feature. I still don't see the point of remaking this game, especially with how the physics ended up being better than in DR4. Maybe they've used this as a playground to learn more about building an open world game using RE engine, but it still shouldn't cost full price.

Last edited:

W17LY

Neo Member
Autosaving is a good quality of life feature. I still don't see the point of remaking this game, especially with how the physics ended up being better than in DR4. Maybe they've used this as a playground to learn more about building an open world game using RE engine, but it still shouldn't cost full price.
It's not full price.

John Bilbo

Looks cool, but the original is still perfectly playable.

That being said I hope they won't delist the original when this launches.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Seems like a pointless remake. I wouldn't touch this for more than $10. This would be heavily criticized if it was another company considering it's using the same game and animations and basically selling you a character model / texture pack for $50.

Paulistano

Seems like a pointless remake. I wouldn't touch this for more than $10. This would be heavily criticized if it was another company considering it's using the same game and animations and basically selling you a character model / texture pack for $50.
I think it's a very cool remaster with a new engine and graphics for $50 and if you don't want it you can still buy the previous version, but there's a company out there who only ports to their new console and charges you full price and it get praised.

Punished Miku

I think it's a very cool remaster with a new engine and graphics for $50 and if you don't want it you can still buy the previous version, but there's a company out there who only ports to their new console and charges you full price and it get praised.
Nintendo? I mean yeah, this is a better value proposition than DK Country Wii/3DS port for $60, but that's a low bar. If you're excited for this that's cool, I just think it's pretty underwhelming for the price.

Last edited:

KaiserBecks

New engine, quality of life features, fully voiced (the original wasn't, only the main characters and psychos) in several languages. It’s much more than a texture pack. I’m glad they didn’t touch the core gameplay and the animations and I doubt many fans of the original would want that. I would have paid full price for this and I’m surprised they didn’t charge that much.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'm not sure why this exists. The first game has been playable on modern systems for a long time and plays fine. It's a quirky game obviously but that is part of its charm. I don't like what they did with the character design and zoomers don't know what malls are.

Feels like something they cobbled together to plug a hole in their lineup.

Roufianos

I played the demo for hours but struggled to really get anywhere with the main game. This looks awesome, maybe I should give it another go.

Punished Miku

Yoshi's new friends, I assume?

739167.jpg
It's been his favorite toy for a couple months now. He goes nuts, does flips in the air and catches it in his mouth, then drags it to another room like he just got a kill and sits and de-feathers it. So we got him like 10 of them and put them all out at once and he's been going nuts for days.

Top Bottom