• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster using RE Engine. Releasing 9/18.

Killer8

I'm liking most of what i'm seeing. The one area they needed to improve upon was the frustrating AI and it seems like this will deliver. The dynamic lighting of the day night cycle is also done really really well compared to the flat original game.

They've shown a bit of restraint keeping with the spirit of the original game and not making it lolzany like the later games. I hope this does well so that the franchise can finally have the Japanese back behind the wheel and we can get a true Dead Rising 5.

And between this and Metal Gear Solid Delta, another thing is for certain - remakering games where they keep almost everything the same, such as design, level layouts, animations etc., but just massively upgrade the visuals with some quality of life improvements sprinkled on top is the way forward. It's not as jarring as you'd think and no doubt saves a lot of money while preserving the original feel.

March Climber

Gold Member
They've shown a bit of restraint keeping with the spirit of the original game and not making it lolzany like the later games. I hope this does well so that the franchise can finally have the Japanese back behind the wheel and we can get a true Dead Rising 5.
I’d like this or the original Dead Rising 2 team to return. For me it was never about the devs not being Japanese. It simply felt like they had lost something when the leads changed.

I’d like this or the original Dead Rising 2 team to return. For me it was never about the devs not being Japanese. It simply felt like they had lost something when the leads changed.
DR2 was soulless compared to DR1 since it had completely lost its JPN-ness, it was just a copycat of the 1st game, and as the rest of the games, the less we say about them the better.

Top Bottom