• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead State Kickstarter project by DoubleBear Productions [Ended, $332K funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Meh I just watched it and I'm going to be honest I found it pretty dumb. They got funded do they really have to make digs at other people too?
? The video's cute and innocent. Not hilarious, but I like how they point people towards a life of crime.

New update as we go into the final stretch. Also, almost at $234k.

So, how close are we to our stretch goals? Let’s break it down. As of this morning:

The $240 tier could be reached for less than $2 per backer.
The $260 tier could be reached for less than $5 per backer.
The $300 tier could be reached for about $9 per backer.
The $330 tier could be reached for less than $14 per backer.
The $360 tier could be reached for about $17 per backer.

So, essentially you’d pay about $17 for all of those new features such as animals, lots more animations and character models, new allies, a city, and an actual expansion with zones of control, new weapons, new characters, and a new story/campaign. Or, to put it another way, paying $17 now would be about the retail price + $2 for all of those features. And pledging now on Kickstarter would guarantee we’d get it into the game.

The Splendid Box now comes with ALL tiers $250 and higher.
The Splendid Box will not be available after the Kickstarter.
The NPC/zombie portraits will show up on characters/zombies in the game!
The personal story at the $2000 level will show up as a collectible piece of data in the game, and Brian will personally work with you on it.
Everyone who pledges for any amount will get a Dead State wallpaper.
We will pull our beta testers from the highest backers first. We will probably have several stages of testing.

I say we at least all bump up our pledges by $9 for the 300k rush.

Having just finished Bloodlines for the first time over the weekend and just watching that video, Brian is totally the voice of the TV reporter guy!

Totally funding this- the whole setup with the shelter and party members looks great. And if the writing is half as good as Bloodlines it'll be fantastic.

I haven't read up much on this yet, but will there be any voice acting in the game? Not really expecting it for party members or NPCs but I'm thinking more like the wonderful radio and the ads that you had in Bloodlines. The voice acting was all around great in Bloodlines.

DTKT

Not to be rude but no multi is a deal breaker for me on this one.

Multi is a huge undertaking for an indie studios. I'd rather see them focus on the writing than a feature that would add very little in term of player/story interaction.

The fact that a feature like MP is a dealbreaker in a game that has roots in Bloodlines and Fallout is kind of strange.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm having a hard time understanding how multiplayer would even work in this game.

It wouldn't. I really wish people would stop demanding this in every single game as it's getting annoying. This isn't a 6 hour shooter you play once and it's over, there's more than enough here to justify the purchase.

zkylon

zkylewd
Having just finished Bloodlines for the first time over the weekend and just watching that video, Brian is totally the voice of the TV reporter guy!

Totally funding this- the whole setup with the shelter and party members looks great. And if the writing is half as good as Bloodlines it'll be fantastic.

I haven't read up much on this yet, but will there be any voice acting in the game? Not really expecting it for party members or NPCs but I'm thinking more like the wonderful radio and the ads that you had in Bloodlines. The voice acting was all around great in Bloodlines.
I think they said in the Reddit AMA that they won't feature any voiceacting for budgetary concerns.

Not to be rude but no multi is a deal breaker for me on this one.
On this one or in general? This doesn't make any sense, why would you want multiplayer in a straightforward old school turn based RPG? You already have Frozen Synapse and DayZ if you want similar things in multiplayer...

Labadal

We're hitting these goals soon:

$240k – More varied attack animations, including more variety in specific weapon set special attacks and kills.
- Two New Allies! Two more warm bodies for your shelter.
- Two new upgrades for the shelter – the shooting range (makes allies better shots) and the gym (makes allies better at melee).

They got more funds than I hoped for. I'm a big fan of Mitsoda, but I don't think his name is as kniown as Fargo and Avellone.

Derrick01

Banned
It's going up a bit quicker now than I thought it would and I think we'll end up passing the 260k one too. We're down to 2 full days now. I hope by some miracle we can get the city but I'll be happy the game and a few of the extra stuff was funded regardless.

We’re announcing a new tier – for $21 (a $6 upgrade from the basic tier) – we will give you access to developer updates and videos. Everyone above $21 already – don’t worry, you’re covered. What might you find in the developer updates?

Exclusive first looks at game content
Pieces of fiction from the game before release.
Videos updates from the devs.

So glad I upgraded.

Aselith

It's vaguely annoying to me that they aren't updating goals as they are reached. Not a huge deal but it feels like their attention had wandered a bit or something? I dunno.

Just one of those things that worms it's way into your brain and won't get out.

Minsc

Gold Member
It's vaguely anmoying to me that they aren't updating goals as they are reached. Not a huge deal but it feels like their attention had wandered a bit or something? I dunno.

Just one of those things that worms it's way into your brain and won't leave.

They've added "REACHED" to every goal that's been reached, do you mean they just forgot to turn them blue? That sorta annoys me too, since the first one is blue...

zkylon

zkylewd
Blue stuff are links, and the first reached goal is tied to a link to an update, so that's why it's the only one in that color. Maybe they can't put whatever they want in color?

I actually find it kind of annoying myself :p

Aaron

I would put more in if the next two extended tiers were swapped. Don't care about the city at all, but animals would be a great addition to the core gameplay.

Soule

Ooooo 260k has been hit, bit bummed Dogs seem to be out of the question now but hopefully they get 300k for the City it sounds good.

bmitsoda

Dead State Dev
Ooooo 260k has been hit, bit bummed Dogs seem to be out of the question now but hopefully they get 300k for the City it sounds good.

Stay positive. Yesterday everyone was sure we'd reach 260 at the most. We are currently on our way to the City stretch goal. We've had an amazing surge in the last day and there's still enough time to hit the Animals goal. Word of mouth is really helping us get new backers to the site.

eastmen

Banned
i went in for $15. Hopefully they take into account touch screens being a big deal in windows 8.
at 263,370 now

RustyO

Wasn't this first announced like three years ago?

I'm interested in this... big question so far is the school/base element... might be a bit restrictive? Having a town/city with randomised elements and having to find a base / keep on the move would be interesting.

Aselith

Stay positive. Yesterday everyone was sure we'd reach 260 at the most. We are currently on our way to the City stretch goal. We've had an amazing surge in the last day and there's still enough time to hit the Animals goal. Word of mouth is really helping us get new backers to the site.

I see you added the blue! You did the right thing. It's pretty clear that this surge was caused by people seeing a color continuity in completed goals and realizing that they need to pledge to such a color conscious group of devs.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Unrelated, but your tag should be "god of fake chicken commercials".

Derrick01

Banned

I'm pulling for you guys. I tried spreading the word to my friends on facebook but sadly I have bad gamer friends, if it's not a shooter they're not interested lol.

Reaching the City goal would be fantastic though.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think my 280k guesstimate fell short. Making 30k in a bit over 24 hours is tight, but possible. I'm poking for money the only person I got :p

Somehow reading about the additional rewards and the possibility of them not being included, makes me feel less excited about the game. As if we're not getting the full experience.

Let's hope we make it to the city area at least. High risk high reward sounds amazing for this type of game.

epmode

There's always an expansion!

The 300k goal sounds really interesting and I hope they make it. It's been going very slow over the last few hours though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom