• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Anth0ny

Some people here should like this
178952_10151187867311687_806134440_n.jpg

holy shit

it's THE BEST IN THE WORLD

and cm punk

rvd2kewl

How much money have you spent on wrestling this year?

Rough estimate: $10,745

Breakdown:

Just under $6,000 in event expenses (includes Rumble, Chamber, Mania, Extreme Rules, and Survivor Series PPV's, also 1000th Raw among many other shows)
$1330 in Axxess tickets (all the VIP's, two were marked up Stubhub tickets)
$2400 in merchandise (included a WWE replica belt that I had signed by all the VIP's at Axxess & the two 1/1 paintings WWE auctioned off the week of Mania)
$85 for a Flair Meet & Greet two weeks ago
$65 for Ultimate Warrior Meet & Greet in March
$520 in PPV's (roughly, figuring 10 WWE PPV's at $44.95 & WM at $55, 1 ROH PPV at $14.95)
$300 on CM Punk & Cena Meet & Greets again for Chicago Comic Con
$45 on a Lita Meet & Greet ticket for my sister

I'm probably missing something too...trying to think. Travel costs were included in the event costs as I had to stay overnight for the Rumble & 1000th RAW (both in St. Louis) and Mania obviously.

Not included: Already in the hole for just north of $4700 for a Mania 29 travel package.

Anth0ny

Breakdown:

Just under $6,000 in event expenses (includes Rumble, Chamber, Mania, Extreme Rules, and Survivor Series PPV's, also 1000th Raw)
$2400 in merchandise (included a WWE replica belt that I had signed by all the VIP's at Axxess & the two 1/1 paintings WWE auctioned off the week of Mania)
$520 in PPV's (roughly, figuring 10 WWE PPV's at $44.95 & WM at $55, 1 ROH PPV at $14.95)

I'm probably missing something too...trying to think. Travel costs were included in the event costs as I had to stay overnight for the Rumble & 1000th RAW (both in St. Louis) and Mania obviously.

Not included: Already in the hole for just north of $4700 for a Mania 29 travel package.

nfs1n5qulg.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers

Breakdown:

Just under $6,000 in event expenses (includes Rumble, Chamber, Mania, Extreme Rules, and Survivor Series PPV's, also 1000th Raw among many other shows)

You makin bank son'

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Went to an indie show in COFFEYVILLE KANSAS tonight - Hometown Heroes II. Great time, there's a guy - Mr. Nasty, he wrestles as a pimp. Keep an eye out for him, because he has some REAL talent. Amazing heel.

tm24

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS

Zandig is also in awe!

As for my wrestling expenses, it's probably around the 500 mark. PWG has been pretty light on me this year. My futher expansion into lucha has driven down costs in other promotions.

Breakdown:

Thank you for not making me feel alone.

Went to an indie show in COFFEYVILLE KANSAS tonight - Hometown Heroes II. Great time, there's a guy - Mr. Nasty, he wrestles as a pimp. Keep an eye out for him, because he has some REAL talent. Amazing heel.

Dude, a lot of those guys are in my fed. We've had Nasty twice lately and I fully agree. From what I can tell he has it all including good size. He's a very nice dude too.

When are you coming to a show in Sapulpa?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, a lot of those guys are in my fed. We've had Nasty twice lately and I fully agree. From what I can tell he has it all including good size. He's a very nice dude too.

When are you coming to a show in Sapulpa?

He's amazing, he's got it all. Saw a handful of others - Russ the Bus, Shane Cortez, Tarantula, etc etc - keep me updated when there's a show going down in Sappaloopa and I'll make it if I can. I'd love to see you guys. You working Luchapocalypse this December w/Elote?

tm24

Does PWG have any company-only talent, or is it basically a mish-mash of ROH and Dragon Gate guys? What's the idea behind the promotion? (I'm loving BOLA 2007 Night Three...Cima vs. PAC was wicked)

http://web.archive.org/web/20080620114027/http://socaluncensored.com/article135.html

Interview with the six founders from back in the day. Basically boils down to west coast dream promotion and Super Dragon thinking he can do anything better, which is pretty much true!

He's amazing, he's got it all. Saw a handful of others - Russ the Bus, Shane Cortez, Tarantula, etc etc - keep me updated when there's a show going down in Sappaloopa and I'll make it if I can. I'd love to see you guys. You working Luchapocalypse this December w/Elote?

Well this Saturday is the next Sapulpa show. I represent all the belts now. My heavyweight is putting his belt on the like in match 5 of a best of 5. It's also my birthday so that should go well. Won't be working luchapacolypse because I'll be on my Japan trip.
I know Shane, I think Miserio was there tonight. Were the KC wolves of Luke Langley and Graham Bell there?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well this Saturday is the next Sapulpa show. I represent all the belts now. My heavyweight is putting his belt on the like in match 5 of a best of 5. It's also my birthday so that should go well. Won't be working luchapacolypse because I'll be on my Japan trip.
I know Shane, I think Miserio was there tonight. Were the KC wolves of Luke Langley and Graham Bell there?

I'll try to come out next weekend but I'm pretty booked up - 2 jobs, makes it tough - was lucky to come up for this.

Didn't see Luke Langley or Graham Bell - possible I might have missed it though. I had to duck out for a couple because the building was SWELTERING HOT.

I spent $210 on ACW tickets for myself and friends this year.

Probably around $350 for beer and food at the Mohawk and Hooligans during ACW shows.

I've spent around $90 on WWE event tickets this year.

I bought a t-shirt from Athena that looks like an old X-Men cover for $25 IIRC. Probably another $120 on other ACW-related merch and swag from their touring talent. So that's $145.

I bought around $150 in iPPVs.

So about a grand. That's amazingly low for what I've done in the past, flying around to ROH, PWG, Mania, ect and staying in hotels.

Don't regret one cent spent on ACW. And most other stuff I thought was fun too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I spent $210 on ACW tickets for myself and friends this year.

Probably around $350 for beer and food at the Mohawk and Hooligans during ACW shows.

I've spent around $90 on WWE event tickets this year.

I bought a t-shirt from Athena that looks like an old X-Men cover for $25 IIRC. Probably another $120 on other ACW-related merch and swag from their touring talent. So that's $145.

I bought around $150 in iPPVs.

So about a grand. That's amazingly low for what I've done in the past, flying around to ROH, PWG, Mania, ect and staying in hotels.

Don't regret one cent spent on ACW. And most other stuff I thought was fun too.

From all of your posts and writeups, ACW sounds like some of the most fun ever.

I'll try to come out next weekend but I'm pretty booked up - 2 jobs, makes it tough - was lucky to come up for this.

Didn't see Luke Langley or Graham Bell - possible I might have missed it though. I had to duck out for a couple because the building was SWELTERING HOT.
No worries. Maybe next year then. Not sure where I'm heading in the new year because our main feud is blowing off but it'll still be fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No worries. Maybe next year then. Not sure where I'm heading in the new year because pur main feud is blowing off but it'll still be fun.

Hey I may still make it out, don't count me out! Just saying it's unlikely. It'd be cool to meet you and boo the shit out of you (assuming that's what you need me to do!)

From all of your posts and writeups, ACW sounds like some of the most fun ever.

I'm a fan that's experienced a lot. I've traveled a ton of miles to go to shows. For me, it's pretty much the perfect Indy except for the constant nagging fear of bad weather at the Mohawk. Luckily, the weather has really only negatively impacted one show since ive been going, and even that turned out to be pretty good overall, with some genuinely great moments. It just has the right blend of everything I want to see, and the attitude of everyone involved, from the wrestling talent to production and house people to the fans is really quite special.

Wait, we're counting food too? Because in that case, damn that taco truck at PWG shows.

Shit, don't do that, because then I'd have to count all the food I've brought into the Mohawk! LOL. That could easily put me into another financial bracket.

The Mohawk is a straight-up rock club that just serves booze and doesn't serve food, so fans regularly bring in everything from burgers and tacos and Texas BBQ, to huge pizzas, various styles of Asian cuisine, and takeout vegan food. Shows start at 5:15 or so and don't end until usually after 9:00, so the line to get into the show looks like some sort of insane Austin picnic with all the different food being carted in by the diverse fanbase. I usually forget to bring something and just drink too much beer instead, but everything from those terrible (delicious) 2-for-$1 Jack-in-the-Box "tacos" to pounding down about $200 worth of sushi between me and my friends has been know to happen too.

tm24

PWG is trending on twitter. Suck it vince

Spoilers!!!!!!!

Kevin Steen died. Adam Cole is our new lord and savior

New Japan iPPV has been pretty good so far. Really enjoyed Suzuki-gun vs Nagata's team, the semi-finals and the super stiff Nakamura & Ishii vs Sakuraba & Shibata match. Tanahashi & KUSHIDA vs Okada & Gedo is up now, followed by the final:

Archer & Smith Jr vs Goto & Anderson

PWG is trending on twitter. Suck it vince

Spoilers!!!!!!!

Kevin Steen died. Adam Cole is our new lord and savior

Fuuuuuuuuuck, cant wait to see this show!

Another good show from New Japan, although not nearly as good as the last two. All the matches were pretty good, other than Rush & Diamante Azul vs Jado & YOSHI-HASHI, and the usual CHAOS/Iizuka DQ nonsense. Really enjoyed the final and
as expected, Goto and Anderson go on to face Archer & Smith for the belts at the Tokyo Dome.

CHIKARA presents it's season 11 finale today at 4 pm EST. The event can be purchased at the link below and I provided everything you need to enjoy the show. Let's have some fun this afternoon Wrassle GAF!!!

http://smvod.com

Before we get into the IPPV action we have to touch base on Mr. Touchdown killing The Mysterious and Handsome Strangers feral pigeon Sapphire.

Mr. Touchdown kills Sapphire

Jake "The Snake" Roberts wants to #ImmortalizeSapphire

UTHdec.jpg

Under The Hood - Live iPPV - CHIKARA Season 11 Finale

CHIKARA Event Center (11.22.12)

CHIKARA Event Center (11.29.12)

ForTheGold.jpg

At last year's season finale, Eddie Kingston realized his dream and became the first Grand Champion in CHIKARA history, winning the 12 Large: Summit round-robin dedicated to the memory of the late, great, Larry Sweeney and assumed the mantle of the face of CHIKARA. Many have tried to unseat him in Season 11 - everyone from current WWE trainer Sara Del Rey, Ring of Honor champ Kevin Steen, to aspiring pro-bowler Vin Gerard. None have been able to defeat him. But at the 9th annual Torneo Cibernetico in New York City, Tim Donst was able to beat Kingston, and now he's looking to repeat that singular feat with the title on the line - and with the world watching it happen live on SMVOD.com!

Dissecting Donst: Part 1 [Interview]

Dissecting Donst: Part 2 [Interview]

Dissecting Donst: Part 3 [Interview]

LosCampeonatos.jpg

They were the men who inspired the Young Bucks. Trained them. Looked out for them. They are men of legendary stature, former WWF tag team champions. Now, the 1-2-3 Kid and Marty Jannetty are cashing in their 3 points for a title shot against the brash pair of Californians that have had a stranglehold on our Campeonatos since "Chikarasaurus Rex."

the 1-2-3 Kid & Marty Jannetty look to dethrone the Young Bucks!

10ManShowdown.jpg

Delirious and his minions have plagued UltraMantis Black and The Spectral Envoy at every turn this season - most recently interjecting themselves in the championship bout held in Chicago. But enough is enough - except that UltraMantis Black may not have enough soldiers to go to war with the army Delirious has amassed!

Delirious Wages War (Live on iPPV)

242.jpg

Both teams are former Campeones de Parejas. Both saw their 2012 title reigns cut short. Now, they have risen through the ranks once again, collecting the points essential to title contention. The duo of 3.0 (Scott "Jagged" Parker and Shane Matthews) will wager their 2 points against the 2 points held by Chuck Taylor and Johnny Gargano of F.I.S.T. live on iPPV!

F.I.S.T. and 3.0 settle the score once and for all!

YLCrematch.jpg

In August, these two exceptional young athletes met at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis, IN in the finals of the 10th annual Young Lions Cup...and on that night, Mark Angelosetti triumphed. On his road to the finals though, ACH won over the CHIKARMY, and showed the world why he is among the finest up-and-comers in the game today. Now, these two outstanding competitors are set to lock-up once again for the Young Lions Cup.

the Cup is up for grabs! CHIKARA's Under The Hood iPPV

Her Name is...Veronica

RosterDivided.jpg

Our Director of Fun, Wink Vavasseur, has ordered an 8-man tag team match that reflects the current state of affairs within CHIKARA.The patriarch of CHIKARA himself, Mike Quackenbush, has been hell-bent on protecting his proteges against those that would injure then and end their careers. But in fighting with fire, has he lost his friend, student and longtime tag team partner Jigsaw in the process? We'll find out as Quack teams with two of his finest, Fire Ant and Green Ant, and the man assigned to The Colony, assailANT. On the other side of the equation are assailANT's former partners: deviANT and The Shard! And to make matters even more complex, they've got former Colony member Soldier Ant on their side!

A Roster is Divided Against Itself!

Dasharus.jpg

If there's one thing Dasher Hatfield cannot stand - it's a bad sport. And unfortunately, that's exactly what Icarus has proven to be. Having lost two matches to Hatfield in as many weeks, Icarus, the sore loser, has taken his frustration out on the beloved tecnico. Now Dasher is on a mission to teach the most hated man in CHIKARA history a thing or two about sportsmanship.

ecurbj

For some reason I know I'm late but I'm interested in watching the season 11 finale of CHIKARA today. I get off work at 3pm. And won't be home till 3:30pm. That would be perfect. Just in time to watch this event.

Let's see...

Brera

Banned
I've been catching up on segments from before I got back in.

Fuck me...I can see why you all hate Cena. BORING! The Rock fued is a joke.

He made The Rock as dry as he is. Why bring back The Rock and have him be neutred.

I've heard Stone Cold might be coming back?

Kyoufu

I've been catching up on segments from before I got back in.

Fuck me...I can see why you all hate Cena. BORING! The Rock fued is a joke.

He made The Rock as dry as he is. Why bring back The Rock and have him be neutred.

Cold Stone wants to fight Punk and Cena.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Maybe. People are thinking that all his mentions on WWE TV and specifically all the heelish statements from Punk are leading to a Stone Cold/CM Punk feud, but I kind of doubt it.

Cold Stone wants to fight Punk and Cena.

I don't think Stone Cold gives a fuck about Cena.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Why would SCSA fight Punk? I mean, Punk is great and all but he doesn't have the staying power that Cena does. Nor is Punk going to be a lifer. Hasn't there been rumours Punk may retire from wrasslin soon?

Kyoufu

Why would SCSA fight Punk? I mean, Punk is great and all but he doesn't have the staying power that Cena does. Nor is Punk going to be a lifer. Hasn't there been rumours Punk may retire from wrasslin soon?

Because it's a match people want to see?

Ithil

All that Punk said on his retirement date is that he has an idea of when it is, and he doesn't want to wrestle if his body is breaking down. So he'll probably be retired by the time he's 40, which is six years away. People started taking it as though he said he'd be retired by the end of the year.

But really, he will retire when he feels there's nothing left for him to do as a wrestler, he's the kind who never wants to stay still in his career.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Green ranger in Gokaiger was the worst one on the show until Silver ranger.

Both of them made me stop watching that awful show.

Alucard

Banned
All that Punk said on his retirement date is that he has an idea of when it is, and he doesn't want to wrestle if his body is breaking down. So he'll probably be retired by the time he's 40, which is six years away. People started taking it as though he said he'd be retired by the end of the year.

But really, he will retire when he feels there's nothing left for him to do as a wrestler, he's the kind who never wants to stay still in his career.

He said the only thing left is to main event Wrestlemania. After that, he's "done." He also said there aren't many "interesting wrestlers" for him to fight. I figure main eventing WM and fighting Stone Cold are the only things left on his list.

Kyoufu

He said the only thing left is to main event Wrestlemania. After that, he's "done." He also said there aren't many "interesting wrestlers" for him to fight. I figure main eventing WM and fighting Stone Cold are the only things left on his list.

Assuming he main events WM30 with Cold Stone, what will happen to his remaining 5 years on contract?

Green ranger in Gokaiger was the worst one on the show until Silver ranger.

Both of them made me stop watching that awful show.

Couldn't get into any of the PR spin-offs. Can't beat the original tbh!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Before we get into the IPPV action we have to touch base on Mr. Touchdown killing The Mysterious and Handsome Strangers feral pigeon Sapphire.

Mr. Touchdown kills Sapphire

If this does not sell the PPV for you, I don't know you.

Hoping I'll have time to sit down and watch with you guys, looks like such a great show.

Top Bottom