• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

pants

And Piper put Hogan to sleep!

Here comes the outsiders! :eek:

Piper escapes! .. wait why didnt he take the belt? He just beat Hogan lol

I was happy when the Bengals put Bo out. He was a thorn in my Broncos' side for far too long.

untitled-30adfw.gif

G-Fex

I can't help but think synchronized swimming would be improved if the competitors bladed every once in a while.

Nobody likes a contaminated pool of blood.

I would never ever do that, it'd probably hurt too damn much.

I wonder...if I bladed at work. Nah I'd probably get into major trouble if I did that.

^^^^

Hunner, please, Hunner. Grow out your hair.

Some SHIMMER news;

Signed for the SHIMMER 53 tapings on April 6th - the return of the infamous Madison Eagles, the return of the legendary Awesome Kong and the début of New Zealand wrestler Evie.

In addition, two matches are already signed; for the SHIMMER Championship it will be Saraya Knight (c) vs Cheerleader Melissa in a STEEL CAGE MATCH! Plus, the wrestling goddess faces possibly the biggest test of her career yet as Athena takes on joshi legend Ayako Hamada!

Really excited for both those matches, and really glad to see Eagles returning to action after a lengthy injury. She's awesome.

Also, Portia Perez will be making her 2nd tour of Japan in January, this time for the STARDOM promotion. She will be teaming with fellow SHIMMER alumni Kellie Skater & Tomoka Nakagawa. And, this gives me an excuse to spam some Portia images;

PortiaPerez.jpg

PortiaPerez1.jpg
Portia2.gif

ibcc4qh5zUJANh.jpg

*sigh*, too cute.

Nice, I love these. PWG always have awesome video previews (even if they do often contain match spoilers) - usually by the time the DVD's out, I've forgotten the winners, so it's OK, lol.

Sokantish

If Sokantish's Gambit plays out, you can.

Alternatively, there may be an interesting way to make this happen, so stay tuned.

It works, I tested out a Chun Li someone made with it, I destroyed the Miz or someone else... I can't remember right now because that happened a whole 15 hours ago.

workrate is the dumbest word that smarks always use

what does it mean

I've never been sure on that one either. Perhaps it's like conditioning, as in a guy with good workrate would work a lengthy match without getting gassed. Or, perhaps it's just a descriptor of how much or how little a guy does in a match. Like how people always used to shit on Orton for his overuse of rest holds.

ALL I SEE IS JOHN GOODMAN

Goddamnit, it can't be unseen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was under the assumption that someone with a high workrate never phones it in - and always gives their best.

Sunflower said:
I was under the assumption that someone with a high workrate never phones it in - and always gives their best.

That does make sense. In that case, I would consider Kevin Steen to have a high workrate, yet I feel the term is often used with more athletic connotations and wouldn't necessarily be applied by many to a guy like Steen.

I'm pretty sure you mean War Crate. It means the amount of offensive skills a wrestler has, like they bring a crate full of war to their matches. I think Daniel Bryan has the best War Crate in the business right now.

This is amazing, lol. I'm never saying move-set ever again. WAR CRATE!!!

I'm going to go play Sleeping Dogs now. It'll be good, I can feel it.

Oh, it'll be good. Best open-world game this year, for sure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to go play Sleeping Dogs now. It'll be good, I can feel it.

It's good, it was the Games Only Podcast's Game of the Year overall, where we decide "if someone plays NO games this year - where do they start?"

I loved it, and I wasn't feeling it before I played it. Then I played it, a joy was had. So much joy I bought it twice (what up PC)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Nah I saved myself from that mess.

And for whatever reason, I had a SfxT poster up for a while but decided today to replace it with a much prettier MVC poster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nah I saved myself from that mess.

And for whatever reason, I had a SfxT poster up for a while but decided today to replace it with a much prettier MVC poster.

Kinda happy I got it on PC also (because I double dip all the goddamn time, what an idiot!) because it isn't updated, so my Hugo tricks will still work.

Fuck, what a letdown THAT game was. Then again, Capcom vs SNK was neat, but SVC Chaos was so much better...gonna happily wait on TxSF.

strobogo

Banned
wcw2000.tumblr.com

WCW Monday Nitro 5/1/2000

vlcsnap-00032_zps5c5ef89f.png

TO THE BACK. New Champion David Arquette, DDP, and Kanyon arrive in the parking lot, but are cut off by a limo featuring Bischoff, Russo, Kidman, Mike Awesome, and a YAK or two. The limo is then t-boned suplexed by a Dodge Charger, which of course is Hulk Hogan's car. A brawl breaks out between everyone until tons of security try to break it up.

vlcsnap-00023_zps8bf0a9ff.png

Crowbar vs Norman Smiley

Norman has his mystery partner who will join him in a match against Terry Funk at Slamboree. But said mystery partner is dressed up as a mascot. Crowbar does the ol' Daffy Duck by sticking the mascot head in between the ropes. "Who is it? Is that Oprah? Is it the Shockmaster?" "THE SHOCKMASTER?! THE SHOCKMASTER?!?!?! OOHHHH LORDY, DON'T BRING THAT UP!" The mystery partner spends the entire match stuck in the ropes. Crowbar does the big wiggle to the mascot. Then Norman does the big wiggle to crowbar doing the big wiggle to the mascot.

vlcsnap-00024_zpsfd0078d2.png

This jostled him loose, but didn't really help anything. Scott Hudson is just naming off overweight celebrities the whole match. Crowbar trips over the mascot and Norman rolls him up for the win.

TO THE BACK
. DDP, Kanyon, and David head to the arena. David wants to give away the title. The New Blood also head to the ring. Team Package have arrived.

TO THE SET OF 3,000 MILES TO GRACELAND.
Cortney Cox tried to talk some sense into her husband. Why she married him in the first place is a mystery to me. Kurt Russel stops by to tell them their nude love scene is up. Then he laughs at the idea of David being the champion. David grabs a chair while Cortney tells him he isn't a wrestler.

vlcsnap-00025_zps377a37ef.png

TO THE BASKETBALL COURT. Shawn Stasiak is redoing Mr. Perfect vignettes. He's going to break the world record in free throw shooting.

David Arquette, DDP, and Kanyon come out to the ring. Why was Kanyon always so oily? He didn't even really have any definition. It doesn't make sense for him to oil up like that. It just made him look like a weird sweaty guy.

vlcsnap-00026_zps79e97b25.png

David is an entertainer, not a sports entertainer. He relinquishes the title and says the Jarrett/DDP triple cage match will now be for the title. This brings out the New Blood. Why was Jeff Jarrett always so wet? Why do wrestlers pour so much water on themselves even for promos? Russo has Liz in handcuffs with a leash attached. They decide that David will have to be in the match. Lex comes running out trying to get Liz back. Russo/security/Liz bolt. Eric then books David vs Tank. DDP gives Tank some shit, calls him him a billy goat (D-Bryne stealing gimmicks), which leads to another security infused brawl between everyone. Tank wants DDP. If DDP wins, David doesn't have to fight Tank. If Tank wins, David dies.

TO THE BACK. Lex is looking for Liz and Russo.

TO THE BASKETBALL COURT. Stasiak is still shooting free throws.

TO THE BACK.
Eric is with Humorous. Did you know that Eric was called the Newt friggin Romney of pro wrestling? He was. And you know why? Because he knows about team work. What? Hugh/Steiner/Jarrett are in a triple threat match. If any of Hugh's misfits in action interfere, they're fired.

The Wall vs Horace Tables Match

Oh. It was actually Knute Rockne, not Newt Romney. Okay. I guess that makes more sense. Horace hits the FU! Ms. Hancock is out. Kidman runs out and gets handily dismissed. So Kidman can't even handle HORACE Hogan? Chokeslam through the table gets Wall the win. Wall and Kidman hit the Demolition Decapitation Elbow! Hulk's music and TERRY BOLLEA comes to the ring. Mike Awesome comes down. Hogan beats up all three for a bit until finally being overwhelmed. Kidman and Wall are holding Kidman on a table. Mike Awesome goes for a splash, but Hogan had fought both men holding him off. He tried for a superplex, which was reversed into what was supposed to be a sunset flip Awesomebomb, but turned into Awesome rolling over, Hogan not letting go of the ropes, and then a powerbomb a few seconds later.

TO THE GRAVEYARD. Vampiro is hanging out, just sniffing and licking tombstones like ya do. I'm sure it was an artistic choice, but it really looked like this thing was recorded off a screen and then played on the show.

Russo brings Liz out to the ring. Vince doesn't sweat Lex! He's calling out the Total Package! "And I promise, I will rack your ass!" Sounded an awful lot like "wreck your ass" to me. Tony gives me a new reaction gif.

Jeff Jarrett vs Scott Steiner vs Humorous.

Tank vs DDP is at the top of the hour, but we've also found out we'll see Sting vs Vamprio: Graveyard match! Scott rips up signs and says if he sees any more, he's going into the crowd and kicking some white trash ass. Steiner beats Hugh down while JJ taunts the crowd. Scotty hits the spinning belly to belly and does some push ups and Jeff tries to sneak in a pin attempt. This pisses Scott off and the MEGA POWERS EXPLODE! Hugh tries for the moonsault on Jeff, but misses. Scott locks on the the recliner. Jeff is a fucking moron and hits Steiner with the guitar on purpose. Hugh ends up rolling on top of Steiner for the win! The rest of the MIA hit the ring to celebrate. It's really weird that this group of misfits is an official stable after one show.

TO THE GRAVEYARD. Sting is looking for Vampiro. This is in black and white, although you can see some flood lights from a few angles.

MOMENTS AGO. Eric fires all the Misfits in Action.

TO THE BACK.
Russo is preparing for Lex.

TO THE GRAVEYARD. Looks like they've found each other. Vamp runs off, though. Because the Dark Angel (seriously?) is a bitch ass ho. Vampiro has a shovel and is waffling Sting. GOOD NIGHT! You know what's fucking stupid? This is in black and white, both guys are in black and white, and it is very poorly, so you can't really see most of teh action. Really awkward when Sting is literally just standing there watching Vamp pick up a tombstone and asks "Who are you?" to which Vampiro replies "I'm the monster you should have been" before destroying the tombstone on Sting's head, who then fell into an open grave. We see Sting's gloved hand moving out of the grave as we go to commercial.

vlcsnap-00029_zps70a81c70.png

TO THE BACK. Team Package are getting ready for the match with Russo.

DDP vs Tank Abbott.

Tank thinks he puts DDP out with body shots and starts to leave, but DDP pulls himself back up. Kim and Eric are watching in the back. Kanyon and David try to come out, but their door is locked. Tank punches DDP into the crowd. DDP throws Tank back into the ringside area, but Tank clips Slick on the way. It was awkward. A fan hits DDP with a bottle, knocking him out. It was Jeff Jarrett. David Arquette will now have to face Tank Abbott later tonight.

TO THE BACK.
DDP is being loaded on a stretcher. WE'VE GOT TO GET HIM TO A HOSPITAL RIGHT AWAY! From getting hit with a bottle that didn't even scratch him? He needs his neck immobilized and paramedics screaming to get this man a doctor? Hogan finds Mike Awesome and they continue to the brawl with Hulk's weird grunts.

Kidman is out for a promo. The New Blood has a new t-shirt. No Torrie tonight. Kidman shits all over Hogan and old dudes. Tony freaks out at the idea of Kidman calling Kevin Nash washed up trash. Kid offers an open challenge.

TO THE BACK
. Nash and Terry Taylor see the monitor and Nash heads to the ring.

Kevin Nash vs Kidman

Ish. I don't think this is an official match. Nash dominates Kidman until Rey and Konnan run out and attack Nash. They try to act like Rey and Konnan asked for their releases like the Radicalz. Rey was on an episode of Thunder like a month before this saying he'd be back in action soon. Nash beats them all down anyway. Particularly some crushing boots to Rey. "Catch a breath, America!" Uh. I don't think America was too enthused for heel Konnan and Rey returning to fight Kevin Nash. Nash chases them to the back where they jump into a low rider pick up. They easily could have left. In fact, they started to, only to stop for no reason while Nash VERY slowly walked up to them. Then Nash just stood there and looked at them before they cut to a commercial. After the break we see Nash beating on both men while calling Rey Sisqo.

Vince Russo vs Lex Luger.

Vince will give up the key to Liz if Lex wins. Then Russo tells Liz to do her job. And by job, he meant blowjob.

vlcsnap-00033_zps460b0066.png

Liz tells him to kiss her Kentucky ass. Flair was ambushed by Shane and Douglas and hundreds of security guards hit the ring. Lex is handcuffed and pepper sprayed. Liz attacks Vince with the bat and runs off. Kronik hit the ring and take out the champs and security. Cops come out and pepper spray/beat both men. Scott Hudson coughs "oh shit" out when they come near the table.

TO THE BACK.
Kanyon tells David to relax. Nash is busting up all the windows to the low rider truck. Cops are leading Kronik out to the cars while Russo shit talks them.

Vampiro is in the ring giving a promo with a whole lot of cliches like "hunted has become the hunter", "line of good and evil" and other stuff. Vampiro is such a terrible promo guy. Not just what he says, but he has such a bizarre and terrible way of speaking and moving. Sting's music hits, the lightning strikes, and Madden is screaming about THE BIRD THE BIRD THE BIRD on the Nitrovision. Good thing he pointed it out, because I absolutely couldn't see it until he said something and could barely see it after. You know, since it is a black bird perched in a bunch of metal in the dark. Sting comes down from the rafters. He landed on the steps, too. Sting beats Vamp to death with the bat. How the fuck did he recover so quickly from having a TOMBSTONE SHATTERED ON HIS HEAD? He's completely fine. He's not even bleeding anywhere. When did he get supernatural recover powers? Is he Wolverine? Is he Deadpool? Is he Batman? Is he Da Undertaker? Is he John Cena? Is he Jason Voorhees? Is he Michael Myers? Is he Kane?

TO THE BACK.
Tank is heading to the ring. David is pissing his pants. Stasiak is still shooting free throws. Russo breaks into the lady locker room yelling at Liz. Liz slaps him and tells Vince that he doesn't own her or her contract. And he just leaves.

Tank Abbott vs David Arquette

Kanyon comes out with brass knuckles and is sent to the back. David jumps on Tank's back. David tries to spear Tank. Doesn't work. An ambulance arrives in the back. DDP commandeered it, just like Austin in 1997 and Hogan a few weeks ago. DDP's music hits. DDP came and hit a diamond cutter, but they didn't show since they had to show Eric telling Jeff Jarrett to not let DDP get to the ring. All we saw was DDP landing. David Arquette pins Tank Abbott! So not only did he win, but he also lasted longer than The Barbarian. A replay shows the Diamond Cutter. Tank took it right on his chin. OUTTA NOWHERE!

tankcutter-o.gif

MOMENTS AGO.
If you wondered why Jeff didn't make it out to the ring, it was because Scott Steiner was beating Jeff's ass.

TO THE BASKETBALL COURT. Stasiak is still shooting free throws. Shawn is about to beat the record, but Curt Hennig attacks him. He ruined it!

Hulk Hogan vs Mike Awesome.

Hogan now has T.C.Bollea on his vest. IT'S A SHOOT, BROTHER!

vlcsnap-00039_zpsf34e4738.png

This is so weird. Mike Awesome goes from ECW Champion to wrestling Hulk Hogan two weeks in a row on Nitro in about a month. Tony respects Hogan because Hulk was willing to "shelve the gimmick" and fight for his family. Wut. Most of this is a brawl on the floor. "Good. I'm glad we agree that when Hulk Hogan is dead, it won't matter. Hogan with a belly to back on the floor. I don't know if you guys know this, but you can't say Slamboree. It's Western Union's/Western Union Presents Slamboree. Kidman tries to hit Terry with a chair, but Hulk takes it and hits Kidman instead. Eric is out distracting the ref. Kidman hits a chair shot from the top to the floor on Hulk. Kind of. It wasn't Awesome style or anything. Mike Awesome pins Hulk Hogan! That's actually weirder to me than Kidman pinning Hogan. Doesn't matter though, since Hogan gets back in the ring and lays both men and the ref out with a chair. Then someone in a Sting mask jumps in to the ring. It was a fan, but everyone clearly thought it was an angle since the fake Sting crowd plant had been used 3 or 4 times in the past month. But it was a fan that security took forever to stop. And once they do...DA BROOD! Blood bath followed by the New Blood beating on Hogan to end the show.

vlcsnap-00041_zps3dee60f3.png

tonywut-o.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That gif is truly indicative of 2000s WCW. 100%. Tony has it right. Utter nonsense.

Top Bottom