• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Young Bucks are the wrestling equivalent of when someone intentionally makes a bad movie for the sake of being a bad movie. Like a constant prodding on the shoulder whispering, 'do you get it?' ad nauseam.

I mean, I guess Meltzer was wrong to rate a bunch of their matches so highly this year. He clearly didn't realise that the Bucks matches are bad for the sake of being bad, someone should really clue him in.

strobogo

Banned
How is Alex Koslov a juniorweight? He looks like he weighs more than everyone in the main event heavyweight scene.

I mean, I guess Meltzer was wrong to rate a bunch of their matches so highly this year. He clearly didn't realise that the Bucks matches are bad for the sake of being bad, someone should really clue him in.

Friend, have you heard Dave Meltzerz speak? Have you read his writings? He's a bit of an idiot.

Cagey

Banned
Young Bucks are the wrestling equivalent of when someone intentionally makes a bad movie for the sake of being a bad movie. Like a constant prodding on the shoulder whispering, 'do you get it?' ad nauseam.

The triple back handspring into a back rake into smug grin with ironically over-the-top posing is the Young Bucks and indie crowds at their collective absolute worst.

jred2k

Devitt and KENTA went to WWE. And I know the Young Bucks ain't making more than either of them.

The Young Bucks seem genuinely happy being big fish in a small pond and that isn't a compliment. Devitt and KENTA seem like guys that aren't afraid to step outside their comfort zone and work hard to not fail.

It's ain't 3.

is it?

It is if you include Main Event on the WWE Network for only $9.99 a month!

Fox318

re-watching NXT Takeover R:Evolution

Finn's entrance is amazing
Marking out chant was funny
When the fatso neckbeard fedora wearing smarks start chanting "We want Kenta" and get booed out of the building may be the best moment on the show.

Then the HI-DE-O chants start

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

He also gave match of the year 2006 to a glorified spotfest.

I'm sorry, when did Dave Meltzer become the official rubric for everyone's taste?

Cagey

Banned
Young Bucks are the best tag team in the world.

Motherfucker and I just let you onto the Wagon...

tumblr_nc101meH141saykaxo4_r1_400.gif

Sorry we had to toss your buddy Bronson off. Next time, we comin for you.

Sokantish

Motherfucker and I just let you onto the Wagon...

http://33.media.tumblr.com/de1d3d25ace3e9359f8988fe15b96be3/tumblr_nc101meH141saykaxo4_r1_400.gif[IMG]

Sorry we had to toss your buddy Bronson off. Next time, we comin for you.[/QUOTE]

Please don't make fun of my good friend Bronson.

Fox318

Main event is weird.

Its where they let Cole commentate the match without Vince in his ear and they give unscripted mic time to people.

How much wrestling do you think Michael Cole actually knows? You think with over 20 years in his belt, he probably knows SOMETHING. Or is he a Kevin Dunn case where he just does it for the sake of doing it.

iMax

How much wrestling do you think Michael Cole actually knows? You think with over 20 years in his belt, he probably knows SOMETHING. Or is he a Kevin Dunn case where he just does it for the sake of doing it.

Well he got an F5 and a suplex mixed up last night, so I'm guessing not so much.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Watch his commentary with Foley that they dubbed over the older matches. He actually knows a lot.

strobogo

Banned
Things that make me question Meltzerez'z view points on wrestling:

War Games 1987 (LOD, Paul Ellering, Nikita, Dusty vs Four Horsemen, War Machine): 5 Stars.

Lex Luger vs Tommy Rich 1989: 4 Stars.

Rock N Roll Express/Jimmy Golden/Brian Lee vs Heavenly Bodies/Tazmaniac/Kevin Sullivan/Killer Kyle SMW War Games: 5 Stars.

Bret vs Diesel at Rumble not even being in his top 20 for that year.

Taker vs Mankind HIAC: 4 1/2 Stars despite being two bumps and no story.

Triple threat ladder match at Starrcade 2000: 4 Stars. The same rating he gave to the ladder match at WM2000. And the Starrcade one is listed ahead of that.

Has the 4 way TLC on Smackdown, the TLC at WM17, HHH vs Austin 3SOH, Jericho/Benoit ladder match all ahead of Rock/Austin at 17.

As the years go on, his top 20 matches every year are huge spot fests with no story from US indies and Dragon Gate. Of COURSE he loves the Young Bucks.

Watch his commentary with Foley that they dubbed over the older matches. He actually knows a lot.

Michael Cole is a man I have the upmost respect for because of what he has to deal with every Monday and maybe Tuesday. He's got a 70 year old in his ear constantly yet keeps it all together for the most part. His 2003 Smackdown days where Heyman would just make him miserable, actually did a tremendous job. Watching that Angle/Brock Iron man match and shit got intense as hell with Cole on the mic.

Fox318

He took the job because he got sick of covering war and he never was going to land an anchor job.

IIRC he interviewed for the job and they stuck him backstage about 2 hours later.

He does do a ton of research and he gets the thankless job of trying to be the next Jim Ross with Vince sreaming in your ear to mention the next shitty WWE movie or stuff like this.

The best thing WWE could do for the commentating team besides getting Vince out of their ear is to have different teams for different shows.

Cole is going to cover 2 weeks:
1 Hour of Main Event
2-3 Hours of an edited Smackdown
6 Hours of Raw
2 Hours of live smackdown
5 hour PPV
Pre and Post PPV coverage
3-5 Hours of Tribute to the Troops

You try being excited about wrestling when you are seeing the same shit over and over again.

strobogo

Banned
He took the job because he got sick of covering war and he never was going to land an anchor job.

IIRC he interviewed for the job and they stuck him backstage about 2 hours later.

He does do a ton of research and he gets the thankless job of trying to be the next Jim Ross with Vince sreaming in your ear to mention the next shitty WWE movie or stuff like this.

The best thing WWE could do for the commentating team besides getting Vince out of their ear is to have different teams for different shows.

Cole is going to cover 2 weeks:
1 Hour of Main Event
2-3 Hours of an edited Smackdown
6 Hours of Raw
2 Hours of live smackdown
5 hour PPV
Pre and Post PPV coverage
3-5 Hours of Tribute to the Troops

You try being excited about wrestling when you are seeing the same shit over and over again.

Cole gets paid to watch all that shit. We have to pay to watch it. He's in a better spot.

PInk Tape

Banned
I was thinking of giving a Nintendo 2ds to Toys for Tots. How is the 2DS? Does it play regular DS and 3DS games?
That's really generous of you :)

The outside of the system is a lot thicker than a 3DS and the screens are smaller so it's a lot harder to damage the system if you drop it or something. My brother (he's 12) said it was much more comfortable to use than the 3DS and he prefers to use it. Oh and it does play DS games too.

strobogo

Banned
To reiterate: Dave Meltzerz LOVES a big stupid spot fest more than anything, so him loving the Young Bucks, a team devoted entirely to big stupid spot fests with an ironic twist and named their finisher after him, should not be a shocker. It should also not be a good barometer of what is good and what isn't.

Two things Meltzers loves more than anything in the world: War Games variants and indie spot fests.

Top Bottom