• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Royal Rumble

Roman Reigns

Ratings Retardant

Belee

Well I do dec… DECLARE

tumblr_ngn0rs9U8U1tgpid8o3_500.gif

Nekofrog

Banned
i wonder what would happen if there was a company around like WCW that could legit compete with the WWE as it is today

stealing their talent, have the money for big time production, a mainstream cable channel, etc.

would they be able to compete? if they were, would vince be competent enough to fight back in his old age?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's weird hearing Shawn talk with his weird guttural voice on Baywatch. Also, Connie Stevens in 1996 most definitely got the sexy grandma thing going on. I feel like Sunny would back me up on this

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
The Roman Empire will thrive
If they show a 24 year old dude crying and fanning himself off during Reign's entrance tonight, that's me.
#whenitreignsitpours

UberTag

They kind of screwed themselves when they merged the titles, hard to have an upset Rumble winner if you book for Mania almost a year ahead and everyone knows your plans around SummerSlam.
Good thing CM Punk quit last year or we'd have been stuck with a Big Dave title run.

Fox318

Roman exploiting his own kid to get over with people. Can't top Cena's exploitation of sick kids, but it's a start.

They learned from Vince.

Remember the Jericho comment on how Steph lost her Flower?

When Y2J approached Vince with the idea he said he was fine just so long as he left a pause for the pop.

Aiii

So not worth it
Good thing CM Punk quit last year or we'd have been stuck with a Big Dave title run.

Mania would have sucked a whole lot more, for sure.... But Bryan vs. Kane and Cena becoming champ at MITB wouldn't have happened in return. All in all, not sure if we aren't the darkest timeline universe.

Taker vs Mankind HIAC: 4 1/2 Stars despite being two bumps and no story.

Don't make me question what *you* know. I voted for you as MVP man!

I get what you're saying. The booking of that match has no story... but the actual circumstances of the match they put on absolutely had a story. It made Mankind, and elevated Mick to legendary status.

No story. Bah.

Fact, that match (as part of Beyond the Mat) was my gateway into wrestling. You can't watch that match and come away from it unaware of the real risks involved in wrestling and the absolute passion some of the guys risking their lives have for the business and the fans.

It's far from my favorite match, and I don't ever need to see anyone else ever putting their body through what Mick put his through that night, but it opened my eyes. It got me over the adolescent 'BUT IT'S FAKE' nonsense and let me look at the whole thing through clear eyes.

Well before the time Kurt was winning his first world title, I had come to love with the technical mat work as well as spot fests and crazy bumps.

Let's make a list of WWE main roster pro wrestlers who currently show no interest in winning a major singles championship or advancing their kayfabe careers, making their entire gimmick and presence useless on a pro wrestling show.

Adam Rose
Bo Dallas?
Bray Wyatt?
The Bunny
Dean Ambrose?
Erick Rowan
Fandango
Goldust
Heath Slater
Hornswoggle
Los Matadores and El Torito
Justin Gabriel
Kane
The New Day
Mark Henry
R-Truth
Ryback
Sin Cara
Stardust
Titus O'Neil
Tyson Kidd

WWE talks about "if you don't want the belt, you shouldn't be here," so why the fuck are all of these guys around? There's no heat, no motivation, no tension, or anything. This is a majority of the active roster on wwe.com.

Punk or no Punk Bryan was going into the Championship match.

Without Punk leaving we would have never got that boss Triple H match.

Punk should've gotten the title from Orton at the Rumble and Bryan winning the same night and those two should've main evented against each other at Mania 30 since those two are my favorites and would put a match that was quality, even though Punk was on the brink of death according to Patrick Bateman PHD.

Sing with me, Titus

Alucard

Banned
Don't make me question what *you* know. I voted for you as MVP man!

I get what you're saying. The booking of that match has no story... but the actual circumstances of the match they put on absolutely had a story. It made Mankind, and elevated Mick to legendary status.

No story. Bah.

Fact, that match (as part of Beyond the Mat) was my gateway into wrestling. You can't watch that match and come away from it unaware of the real risks involved in wrestling and the absolute passion some of the guys risking their lives have for the business and the fans.

It's far from my favorite match, and I don't ever need to see anyone else ever putting their body through what Mick put his through that night, but it opened my eyes. It got me over the adolescent 'BUT IT'S FAKE' nonsense and let me look at the whole thing through clear eyes.

Well before the time Kurt was winning his first world title, I had come to love with the technical mat work as well as spot fests and crazy bumps.

It's weird watching that match. I don't really like it from a story perspective, but it's just a total spectacle. Definitely grabs your interest and feels compelling. All the replays were overdone, but it was still a match that demanded you pay attention and not turn away.

I think it's a match that transcends star ratings. Just not fair to compare it to a regular match.

Aiii

So not worth it
Him, big fire one street down from my place, just got a text alert that there is asbestos in the air and I am not allowed to go outside (12am though, so no biggie).

UberTag

WWE talks about "if you don't want the belt, you shouldn't be here," so why the fuck are all of these guys around? There's no heat, no motivation, no tension, or anything. This is a majority of the active roster on wwe.com.
Why the fuck are they all around? They're there to dance. To have fun. To "entertain" us. To become actors. To tell women what they should do and who they should be with. To get time on Total Divas. To sell merchandise. To fraternize with C-list celebrities. To lay down for Cena and Roman Reigns. And, above all else, to make Vince McMahon laugh.

wow

so I'm lookin at this TLC card here...it looks like an episode of RAW that you can pay money for it you want.

Like...there's a Stairs match with Show and whats-his-name, and Kane/Ryback chairshots for 10 minutes and Cena won in typically overbooked fashion and there was some Divas match that didn't matter and wasn't any good

did people pay money for this

edit: plywood do NOT change your avatar

Roman Reigns

Royal Rumble

#BELEE

http://i.imgur.com/ZBuIt8N.gif[img][/QUOTE]

[quote="Plywood, post: 143612920"]We're getting bigger everyday.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Plywood, post: 143614252"]NOW YOU CAN BELEE DIS
OR YOU CAN BELEE DAT
BUT YOU BETTER BELEE DIS
CAUSE THIS IS WHERE IT'S DAT

[img]http://i.imgur.com/1IFaUwe.gif[img][/QUOTE]
I come back from my meeting to find out we have even more Roman Reigngers up in this bitch. Welcome to the empire.
[img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/255dc6029d1443b88072819a4e8b079f/tumblr_n7peqh6kAM1srbyoyo1_400.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
wow

so I'm lookin at this TLC card here...it looks like an episode of RAW that you can pay money for it you want.

Like...there's a Stairs match with Show and whats-his-name, and Kane/Ryback chairshots for 10 minutes and Cena won in typically overbooked fashion and there was some Divas match that didn't matter and wasn't any good

did people pay money for this

edit: plywood do NOT change your avatar

No, we paid money for either the best or second best PPV of the year, depending on who you ask.

iMax

Hey friends when does the actual "no more commitment" thing go into effect for the WWE network

it's still saying mine expires in march for me

If you committed to six months, you're committed to six months. The commitment-free deal is only in place for new subscribers and those outside the six month commitment.

Top Bottom