• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Fox318

Watching breaking ground.

Is the physical standards, training and cardio really needed?

I get that you don't want guys/gals gassed or dropping guys/gals on their heads but shouldn't the only factor in a performer be that they are able to get themselves over and they can cooperate with other performers?

I mean I doubt many of the body builders types or even big guys like Andre or Bam Bam Bigelow would really be able to handle the cardio for example.

Defining what is a professional wrestler kinda is a tough thing to nail down I guess.

bjork

I haven't seen breaking ground, but you need to be able to do both. If you can get over on the mic but not actually go when it's time, why are you in wrestling? If you can wrestle but you're poor on the mic, why are you Cesaro?

Colocho

Banned
I remember Roman was pinned earlier in the year by Seth with the weakest roll up I ever saw, after a distraction. It may have been a tag match though.

Gonzalez

Banned
?

I mean I doubt many of the body builders types or even big guys like Andre or Bam Bam Bigelow would really be able to handle the cardio for example.

Maybe they couldn't handle the cardio test when they made it to the big time. But you bet your sweet ass when they started out those same wrestlers were in the shape that they needed to be in when they were training to make it in the business.

miserable

stephanie-mcmahon.jpg

Fox318

I haven't seen breaking ground, but you need to be able to do both. If you can get over on the mic but not actually go when it's time, why are you in wrestling? If you can wrestle but you're poor on the mic, why are you Cesaro?

I won't get worked into a shoot, friend.

But seriously shouldn't you be able to either script or protect anyone in a wrestling match?

They focus a ton on ZZ for being out of shape for example but if you did want to use him wouldn't you be able to hide that?

Today's audience might be extremely reactionary on who they like or don't like but I think that's frustrations with creative and production having the same look and feel.

bjork

Watch some late-game Andre or Giant Baba matches. Those are all about protecting them.

Hell, watch Yoko in 96, same thing. If I'm a promoter and I have limited spots to promote, why do I want to put the extra work into writing around a guy's problems?

Fox318

Maybe they couldn't handle the cardio test when they made it to the big time. But you bet your sweet ass when they started out those same wrestlers were in the shape that they needed to be in when they were training to make it in the business.

That's a fair point but take a look at Mark Henry for example.

His first match and I believe first time in the ring was at a ppv vs Jerry Lawler.

While not technically a great match by the end of it fans were cheering him on when he military pressed somebody.

To some extent similar things were done to make Stephen Amell and Mr. T look credible.

Gonzalez

Banned
Watch some late-game Andre or Giant Baba matches. Those are all about protecting them.

Hell, watch Yoko in 96, same thing. If I'm a promoter and I have limited spots to promote, why do I want to put the extra work into writing around a guy's problems?
Yoko was still a great worker at 500 pounds. Dude could sell a punch like no one before him, or after.

klonere

Banned

Given what has happened with Roman, Charlotte, Ryback, Cesaro, Stroman and Rollins in the last year or so, they have no interest in hiding or protecting anyones weakensses.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Its pretty obvious Kevin Owens stopped doing whatever cardio they require when he hit the main roster and started selling a lot of merchandise to the general audience.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Speaking of Yoko in 96, I've never been able to tell if the ending of Yoko vs Austin from Summerslam 96 was a work or not. It seems like a spot you wouldn't want to do during your "pre-show" match.

klonere

Banned
Its pretty obvious Kevin Owens stopped doing whatever cardio they require when he hit the main roster and started selling a lot of merchandise to the general audience.

Your saying the guy who had all those MOVEZ-fest matches with Cena, the Balor ladder match and the matches with Cesaro has bad cardio smh smh

bjork

Speaking of Yoko in 96, I've never been able to tell if the ending of Yoko vs Austin from Summerslam 96 was a work or not. It seems like a spot you wouldn't want to do during your "pre-show" match.

Total work. You can see austin raise one of his shoulders a half-second early to get out of the way.

Gonzalez

Banned
I believe Austin claimed it wasn't a work.

Still it's real convenient that was the finish.

Savitar

Foley becomes part of creative!

Mick Foley has been very critical WWE’s creative direction in recent weeks, publicly grappling with the notion of completely giving up on watching the product. What Foley has failed to mention is that his son Dewey has secured a job with WWE’s writing staff.

According to a source close to the situation, Dewey, 23, will begin working with WWE’s creative team shortly after the holidays. He had been running a blog for WWE creative writing samples, which is now set to private.

Suddenly, Mick Foley’s public damnation of WWE creative suddenly takes on an entirely different perspective.

It’s worth noting that Foley’s daughter Noelle could also be working for WWE in the not so distant future, as there is talk of her becoming a backstage interviewer. During a recent interview with Justin Labar of Chair Shot Reality, Noelle noted that she has done some training in the ring but is focusing on other things.

Owww have mercy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
23 year old who's never worked for a wrestling promotion once in your life but you'll put him on the creative staff for the biggest pro wrestling promotion in the world.

mmmmm dat nepotism

Fox318

23 year old who's never worked for a wrestling promotion once in your life but you'll put him on the creative staff for the biggest pro wrestling promotion in the world.

mmmmm dat nepotism

Honestly that's what they want.

They want people who know who the Rock is then teach them what creative Vince likes.

bjork

I'm so confused.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4yw7l_stone-cold-vs-yokozuna-1996_sport

When Austin enters the ring, you can tell the top rope is loose because he barely grazes it. Then when he does his corner spot, he grabs by the part behind the turnbuckle and takes care not to put his hands on the top rope as he gets down. Yoko barely touches the ropes as well.

When the match gets going, Austin is trying to clothesline Yoko off his feet, but steps towards the rope and stops before lunging toward Yoko with a punch instead. He does this twice. He does it a third time and gets caught in a samoan drop. Still no rope contact.

When Yoko goes for the Banzai Drop, he reaches behind the turnbuckle initially to pull himself up, then when he gets his hands on the ropes, it magically comes loose. Also, Austin puts his hand up about a half-second too soon, so you can see he was prepping to get out of the way.

You could say the plan was for him to miss the drop and Austin would've rolled out of the way to get the pin, but the rest of the match looks too suspect.

Recall

PWG is fan service. It isn't wrestling.

There are no stories it's just the crowd chanting shit and the same big move, kick out, big move reversal in every match on the card.

You've seen one PWG card you've seen them all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

There are no stories it's just the crowd chanting shit and the same big move, kick out, big move reversal in every match on the card.

Dream matchups pal.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30122-1371156351-13.gif

Mount Rushmore 2.0
Mike Bailey
ZSJ vs roddy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite part of BOLA 2015 is all the FallingEdge gifs, courtesy of Stro

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
please no more Barbershop Window originals. They're worse than WWE shirts. Even the Hit The Switch or Wanna Bee shirts.

Top Bottom