• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Toki767

Smackdown coming back to Portland in February, and the presale email I got hypes it up as "your chance to see your favorite WWE Superstars LIVE, including Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family, Alberto Del Rio, Ryback, Dolph Ziggler, The WWE Divas and much more."

I enjoyed the last taping a few months ago, but this shit? No thanks.

Who are you expecting to see? Cena doesn't work Smackdowns.

At most, you might get an Undertaker appearance if it's between Fastlane and Mania.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
people go to smackdown?

I thought those were just 5000 plants

So much talk about the wrestling you guys aren't enjoying in here as of late, how about watching something you do enjoy?

AIJEbOm.gif

LOL, dude seriously doesn't like Ospreay, he's a big Havoc fan apparently - there were a few die-hard Havoc supporters near me who kept chanting "WE WANT HAVOC!" during the main event, I find that sort of thing strange. Jimmy's one of my favourites, but I'd never cheer for him while he's trying to be a cunt, that just seems disrespectful to the work he puts in.

Zach

ROCKY FAVE FIVE

1. Rocky
2. Rocky Balboa
3. Rocky III
4. Rocky II
5. Rocky IV

I hope Creed ends up being top three.

So much talk about the wrestling you guys aren't enjoying in here as of late, how about watching something you do enjoy?

I'm not sure people know how to react to good wrestling any more. C'mon peoples, watch something else for a few weeks. If it has to be WWE watch some good stuff on the Network and let us know about it.

klonere

Banned

LOL, dude seriously doesn't like Ospreay, he's a big Havoc fan apparently - there were a few die-hard Havoc supporters near me who kept chanting "WE WANT HAVOC!" during the main event, I find that sort of thing strange. Jimmy's one of my favourites, but I'd never cheer for him while he's trying to be a cunt, that just seems disrespectful to the work he puts in.

I halfway through the Downfall of the Loveable Babyface Jimmy Havok and Return as the Biggest Cunt in the UK.

PROGRESS is real good. It's still taking me a while to truly catch up but I prefer to have as much context as possible as each show rolls by.

Menome

I got the Network back yesterday and was finally able to see the Damien Sandow match on Main Event. All of the Intellectual Saviour stuff is back, from the music to the cartwheels.

Now if they can just get it back on TV that people actually watch...

notworksafe

Balboa

I bought a two liter of diet soda today...first one i've gotten in almost a year. here's hoping i don't get diabetes

just got done watching the First look at te owen hart dvd on the wwe network Owen was such a great human being loved the story of him putting pigs and chickens in vinces office lol

Rocky 1 and 3 are two extremes for me. The first film takes waaaaaaaaaaaay too fucking long to get going anywhere (I can understand character and world building, but pick up the pace a bit), and Rocky 3 is just stuff happening scene after scene. The buildups to both are great, though.

Rocky 2 is just "how sad can we make Rocky" until his rematch. Still not on the level of ain't-shitness that is Rocky 5 though.

Jamie OD

There's always that one fan now at indie shows who gets pissed when the face everyone actually likes wins the big match. I saw it in wXw when Sami Callihan (who was over as fuck on the shows at the time) won 16 Carat and one guy just turned his back and stuck up his middle fingers while walking out.

That crowd looks fucking weird. Like they're all...just a little off, just a little damaged somewhere. What show was that?

London on a Sunday afternoon.

Chopper

Just subbed to the network for a free month, just to check out the content. Where the hell are the 2000 Raws? Why can't I watch every Raw from the past? Why is the selection so arbitrary? What the fuck? I want to watch the build to Wrestlemania 2000 and Backlash. But I can't? The fuck?

Apparently the attitude era ended on November 15th 1999!

Thank fuck I didn't pay anything. The 12 months I actually wanted to relive are totally missing. Fuck this.

klonere

Banned
There's always that one fan now at indie shows who gets pissed when the face everyone actually likes wins the big match. I saw it in wXw when Sami Callihan (who was over as fuck on the shows at the time) won 16 Carat and one guy just turned his back and stuck up his middle fingers while walking out.

London on a Sunday afternoon.

Off-topic but are you the very same JamieOD who is on the DragonKing Podcast on WON? I just listened to the episode on OTT, very tempted to make the trip up next time there's a show.

Gonzalez

Banned
Holy shit, "Bad Company" wasn't edited out of Badd Company's entrance. You guys should check out that AWA episode before it's taken down.

Jamie OD

Off-topic but are you the very same JamieOD who is on the DragonKing Podcast on WON? I just listened to the episode on OTT, very tempted to make the trip up next time there's a show.

Yes that is me. It was the Dr Keith Presents show I was on. I'm a friend of the host. You should come to an OTT show if you get the chance. Next one is being held on 23rd January at the Tivoli Theatre near Vicar Street. The date is so far away because the venue's booked out for all of December thanks to the panto season.

klonere

Banned
Cool episode of AAA

https://youtu.be/S4CJywhkk64

Highly recommend the 3 way that starts around 30:00 mins, feat Angelico, Jack Evans, Texano and (post match spoilers)
PENTAGOD DOING REAL SHIT

Yes that is me. It was the Dr Keith Presents show I was on. I'm a friend of the host. You should come to an OTT show if you get the chance. Next one is being held on 23rd January at the Tivoli Theatre near Vicar Street. The date is so far away because the venue's booked out for all of December thanks to the panto season.

I hopefully will be back living in Dublin by that stage and it's close to my birthday, I'd love to head along to it you guys made it sound like a great time.

It'll be my first ever live wrestling show

notworksafe

Rocky 1 and 3 are two extremes for me. The first film takes waaaaaaaaaaaay too fucking long to get going anywhere (I can understand character and world building, but pick up the pace a bit), and Rocky 3 is just stuff happening scene after scene. The buildups to both are great, though.

Rocky 2 is just "how sad can we make Rocky" until his rematch. Still not on the level of ain't-shitness that is Rocky 5 though.

Yeah 1 is slow but I really just like the overall story of it, it's about Rocky as a bum who goes the distance. Plus I love the feel of it.

3 I like because its just so absurd, Rocky purposely gets his ass kicked and somehow this leads to him winning. Plus Eye of the Tiger!

shaowebb

Cool episode of AAA

https://youtu.be/S4CJywhkk64

Highly recommend the 3 way that starts around 30:00 mins, feat Angelico, Jack Evans, Texano and (post match spoilers)
PENTAGOD DOING REAL SHIT

I hopefully will be back living in Dublin by that stage and it's close to my birthday, I'd love to head along to it you guys made it sound like a great time.

It'll be my first ever live wrestling show
Who was that teaming with Jack Evans and Angelico? He was sloppy, but he was super over with the ladies with his looks. Saw "HG"...is he a Garza?

Gonzalez

Banned
There is a sign that reads "FAG!" Mysteriously hanging from the rafters during the Midnight Rocker Vs. Badd Company match from 4/10/88.

Yep... This episode is disappearing.

Top Bottom