• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Digital goods are expensive as fuck and take forever on the shitty broadband offered here.

Amazon sells a disc for £32 yet PSN charges £59.99. 6 months from now that disc will be £20 and that digital copy will still be £59.99.

Yeah, I'll never stop buying physical. Trash Internet service is much more common than the alternative too. And that doesn't even consider a PT situation happening from the people who hold the rights to what you get, because it isn't you who holds those rights even if you get it. Not much benefit at all

Recall

I hope this stable vs stable nonsense lasts until every roster member has chosen a side and we get the first ever 15 vs 15 tag match.

Heroman

Banned
They are a part of the Authority who is Stephanie and Triple H. The New Day are not part of the league but just along with them because of the Usos.

The funny thing was Kevin Owens was going to be in the Raw main event this monday but got sick. So I wonder if he will be the Canadian representative or will he escape feuding with Reigns.

edit: Also, on Smackdown a mere Bryan mention got a good pop and a chant.
It is funny that of all people Vince tried to make into the next guy none of them are 1/5 as popular as Db.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It is funny that of all people Vince tried to make into the next guy none of them are 1/5 as popular as Db.

You do realize they spent the better part of an entire year making D-Bry the next guy. He headlined almost every single RAW for eight months.

In fact I think their storytelling worked almost too well/he got too over too soon for the plan they had for him, poisoning two Royal Rumbles!

Bronx-Man

Banned
You do realize they spent the better part of an entire year making D-Bry the next guy. He headlined almost every single RAW for eight months.

In fact I think their storytelling worked almost too well/he got too over too soon for the plan they had for him, poisoning two Royal Rumbles!
Are you one of those truthers that thinks it was all a work?

So I signed up for Demand Progress for .99....what is a good starting point?

If you don't want to start from the very first show, Chapter 7 is a good place to start as it's the beginning of the Havoc storyline that dominated the promotion for a year or two. If you want to start somewhere more recent, Chapter 20 marks the end of the Havoc stuff.

Ah, cool - don't get me wrong, there's some good stuff on the early shows (Chapter 1 has a great Zack Sabre vs Marty Scurll match, for instance), but I've seen people put off by the smaller venue the lower-rent production. With the move up in venue (from a 300 person nightclub to a 700 person one) they also upgraded the cameras, the lighting, etc.

No problem. I watch shows recorded with handicams and shit production values, so as long as the wrestling is good I have no problem with that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Are you one of those truthers that thinks it was all a work?

No, that's silly. They did start building him up though way earlier than most give them credit for, months and months even. He's clearly meant to be the challenger for Batista/Orton after Mania, for example.

somedevil

Yep, since he been gone no one has even gotten close to his level of popularity.

If he is not at the Rumble I am wondering what plan they are making to turn it heel again for the 3rd year in a row.

No, that's silly. They did start building him up though way earlier than most give them credit for, months and months even. He's clearly meant to be the challenger for Batista/Orton after Mania, for example.

You're telling it's not because his fans occupied RAW?

I don't believe you, friend.

Kaladin

If you don't want to start from the very first show, Chapter 7 is a good place to start as it's the beginning of the Havoc storyline that dominated the promotion for a year or two. If you want to start somewhere more recent, Chapter 20 marks the end of the Havoc stuff.

I'll give Chapter 7 a go, and see how it is. It's good to have a couple of starting points like that.

CVHIfOAUkAIa5Lv.jpg

HHH isn't over, his theme song is over.

Orton isn't over, the RKO is over.

Bork isn't over, his win over taker is over.

Cena isn't over, his giant chin is over.

Ambrose isn't over, his hairline is over.

Owens isn't over, his beer gut is over.

HHH isn't over, his theme song is over.

Cena isn't over, his giant chin is over.

Ambrose isn't over, his hairline is over.

Orton isn't over, the RKO is over.

Bork isn't over, his win over taker is over.

No lies detected, except I'd add HHH's million nicknames as also over

Cerebral Assassin
King of Kings
Game
Ruthless Aggression
Paul Levesque
Paul Leveck
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
Steph's Husband
"The """""""""""""""""Savior"""""""""""""" of WWE"
The AssKicker
Better Than Stang

somedevil

Maybe this the year that they let him win.

I doubt that. Even if they clear him there is no way they give another chance to him with his injury and concussion history.

Brock Lesnar would be a great choice but it all depends who has the title at the Royal Rumble.

Heroman

Banned
I doubt that. Even if they clear him there is no they give another chance to him with his injury and concussion history.

Brock Lesnar would be a great choice but it all depends who has the title at the Royal Rumble.

While he probably wont be in the rumble ,Bryan gonna wrestle at maina I just wonder who he is gonna fight also let brock wins , who does he face at WM?

somedevil

While he probably wont be in the rumble ,Bryan gonna wrestle at maina I just wonder who he is gonna fight also let brock wins , who does he face at WM?

If they do ever clear him which the chance is still low and they have to fill the stadium they could go real desperate and have the Angle vs Bryan retirement match. That match though has a 5% chance of happening.

ngower

So maybe this has already been brought up (I don't read this thread regularly enough to know) but why isn't there a storyline for the US title leading into TLC? Seems like that'd be a smarter route for the Ziggler/Breeze matchup than the IC title, as Ambrose/Owens doesn't really have the room for Ziggler/Breeze...just seems to me like a missed opportunity for a big match.

somedevil

So maybe this has already been brought up (I don't read this thread regularly enough to know) but why isn't there a storyline for the US title leading into TLC? Seems like that'd be a smarter route for the Ziggler/Breeze matchup than the IC title, as Ambrose/Owens doesn't really have the room for Ziggler/Breeze...just seems to me like a missed opportunity for a big match.

Alberto del Rio has the US title and will most likely be facing Swagger for the title in a chair match.

Owens has the intercontinental title.

As for Sami Zayn he just announced this:

Sami Zayn ‏@iLikeSamiZayn 2h2 hours ago
I will be appearing on the @WWENXT tour of the UK.

Not sure yet if he will be wrestling.

ngower

Alberto del Rio has the US title and will most likely be facing Swagger for the title in a chair match.

Owens has the intercontinental title..

I know but there was the triple-threat match for the number one contender spot for the IC title with Ziggler, Breeze and Ambrose. Swagger hasn't really been involved enough to make the feud meaningful...it just seems weird that things are hardly heated and there's no real contest for the title. Unless Swagger wins and it's just a back-and-forth until Cena comes back.

notworksafe

The Comcast dork convinced me to uncut the cord, so I guess I have TV again.

Now I can watch RAW in stunning HD quality without any skips or stutters...and theoretically I can watch TNA. Theoretically.

somedevil

I know but there was the triple-threat match for the number one contender spot for the IC title with Ziggler, Breeze and Ambrose. Swagger hasn't really been involved enough to make the feud meaningful...it just seems weird that things are hardly heated and there's no real contest for the title. Unless Swagger wins and it's just a back-and-forth until Cena comes back.

Swagger is just a stop gap until Cena is back. He is advertised for the Dec 28 Raw in Brooklyn.

The Swagger feud was started before the Rollins injury and was delayed by it. So they restarted after the tournament.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Comcast dork convinced me to uncut the cord, so I guess I have TV again.

Now I can watch RAW in stunning HD quality without any skips or stutters...and theoretically I can watch TNA. Theoretically.

Pop, despite being a shitty network, is on waaaay more packages than Destination America.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Yeah, give us a Fave Five!

Everyone give a Fave Five Wrestler list!

However this time...the twist is...

WWE Active Fave Five

not much of a twist considering people don't get out much

Not injured only:

1. Dean Ambrose
2. Kevin Owens
3. Big E
4. Roman Reigns
5. Becky

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder why WWE never tried to pursue Bobby Lashley considering everything about him is Vince's wet dream, and he became an even better worker after leaving WWE.

Top Bottom