• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
How are they forcing Roman on you? Seth gets the most screen (and unfortunately mic time) out of anyone and he's mid card? How many main events has Dean gotten recently?

I dunno, did Bryan get VIA satellite interviews on a weekly basis to check in on him to keep him fresh in people's minds? No, because hi diddle diddle, the goat and the fiddle, Bryan is over the god damn moon.

You can listen to how different their commentary is when Roman is out there. I'm shocked they don't make the commentary team fluff him back stage and hold the ropes open for him. It's one of the only times that they cut back on the shitty jokes and take something seriously during a show, so they can get him over.

Breaking up The Shield was the worst thing to happen to Roman. I honestly liked him a lot when he was their muscle guy who didn't speak much because his power moves worked well as part of the entire ensemble. Ambrose and Rollins without question masked a ton of the guy's flaws.

Shield had gotten to stale at the point, but they just went in this weird direction where Dean was seemingly the only one that cared Seth betrayed him, then Roman went off to chase the title. It was just full of awkward booking that made no sense. Roman was awesome during the Shield because all three brought out the best in one another. Rollins handle most of the crazy high spots. Dean did all the comebacks and hot tags. Roman just killed shit and ended it. But Roman wasn't an indie guy like Ambrose and Rollins, who have had YEARS of perfecting what they do. I'd wager it may've been better to make Roman turn instead of Seth, because he'd still be apart of a group, he could continue being protected and when they wanted to make him face, turn on the authority and destroy it from the inside, I dunno. The whole breakup was just weird.

tumblr_n6j1warwOp1qh0kauo1_500.gif

tumblr_n6j1warwOp1qh0kauo2_500.gif

Sephzilla

Shane put on some damn entertaining matches considering he wasn't a full time wrestler. I think if Shane worked full time he could have been legit awesome.

Reigns just sucks (at the moment) and the idea of him beating Lesnar, getting a huge Mania centered on him, and taking over for Cena as The Guy as he is now is just everything wrong with WWE, America, and Capitalism.

jred2k

Shane put on some damn entertaining matches considering he wasn't a full time wrestler. I think if Shane worked full time he could have been legit awesome.

Considering how uncoordinated his father is, that he has any athletic ability is a minor miracle.

Reigns just sucks (at the moment) and the idea of him beating Lesnar, getting a huge Mania centered on him, and taking over for Cena as The Guy as he is now is just everything wrong with WWE, America, and Capitalism.

Saying that anything, other than Liberals, is whats wrong with America is a disgrace to your avatar.

strobogo

Banned
I might revisit some Bond to see if I still hate the character. Considering View To A Kill because Grace Jones is christ-tier and super fucking cool in anything she does.

Like...
o9ClU2B.gif

This after a bunch of straight up jive shit in Harlem where apparently all the black people in New York are part of an evil cabal or some shit. And Papa Shango is also there. But got dang at young Jane Seymore and Gloria Hendry

387_james-bond-Live-and-Let-Die-Solitaire-Jane-Seymour.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-07-10-19h45m46s150.png

ulElefx.gif

I dunno, did Bryan get VIA satellite interviews on a weekly basis to check in on him to keep him fresh in people's minds? No, because hi diddle diddle, the goat and the fiddle, Bryan is over the god damn moon.

You can listen to how different their commentary is when Roman is out there. I'm shocked they don't make the commentary team fluff him back stage and hold the ropes open for him. It's one of the only times that they cut back on the shitty jokes and take something seriously during a show, so they can get him over.
Reigns had 2 satellite interviews when he was out. Did I miss some? Does Bryan even have a return date?

Commentary is shit, but are you upset when they're constantly talking about the crazy, lunatuc fringe? Or how scary Bray is? Or how athletic Naomi is? Is this only about Bryan?

Top 5 Gimmick Matches

1. Hell in a Cell
2. Triple cage match
3. [something] on a pole match
4. Money in the bank
5. hardcore rules 24/7

Shane is the greatest non-wrestler in the history of pro-wrestling. I will always stand by that. Dude did some crazy shit and took some mad ass bumps. I still think he gets some of the best air with his top rope stuff.

Krr9EZ.gif

If anyone says otherwise, I'll fight you
in whatever video game we both happen to have, otherwise we'll probably just have to civilly agree to disagree

Reigns had 2 satellite interviews when he was out. Did I miss some? Does Bryan even have a return date?

Commentary is shit, but are you upset when they're constantly talking about the crazy, lunatuc fringe? Or how scary Bray is? Or how athletic Naomi is? Is this only about Bryan?

I'm pretty sure he had one once a week, I'm PRETTY sure he even had one on PPV? I could be wrong there. Commentary is definitely shit, they repeat the same shit every.single.time. But what I'm trying to get at is during most other matches, outside of repeating the same lines every week like they were the commentary team of the 2K games (oh wait, they are), the only time they get serious is to help make someone look great, they focus on the match and the put over the guys involved like crazy. They do this during most PPV main events and Cena matches. During Cena promos they just "yuk yuk CENER 2 FUNNY yukyuk" or "WOW KING, I have NEVER seen Cena get this serious before!". But they don't dare bicker about what stupid shit went down during the JBL and Cole show during a Cena match. They do that with Reigns now.

This isn't about Bryan, his situation with his injury is the closest thing to Reigns I could think of. And do you honestly belee that they wouldn't still be checking up on Roman if he was out without a return set in a time frame? I can only speculate, but you can't tell me that they wouldn't. Roman got hurt randomly during a big push, so they wanted to keep him super fresh in people's minds. They don't do this for anyone else who has a time frame. I know Sheamus has one, why don't they interview him? Christian? Who else is injured but expected back that they aren't doing this with? It's because they don't care about them and want you to remember that Roman is still here and will be back.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
No matter how down everyone in this thread is every single day about WWE, I still find entertainment in the product no matter who they are trying to push or bury.

Right now I'm enjoying:

1 - Brock destroying Cena at almost occasion (even though he will most likely give the title up to Cena)
2 - Rollins being Rollins; also JJ Security
3 - Harper getting his break from Wyatts
4 - Tyson Kidd putting on great matches and being a douche
5 - This thread being upset about Reigns being pushed to the top while complaining that there are no top guys not named Cena.
6 - Stardust (Goldust needs some storyline progression within the team)
7 - Miz and Mizdow; especially Miz.
8 - Rusev and Lana in any storyline / angle / match
9 - Dean Ambrose doing whatever the hell he likes, although I want him back feuding with Rollins.

I'm hoping Barrett and Bo can return with momentum and still entertain. Same with Bryan. I'm not too big on Ziggler, although I enjoy when he sells in matches. Sheamus needs to go heel when he comes back; Reigns is going to need another heel to face that can help him advance up the WWE ladder and Sheamus typically puts on good hard-hitting matches.

What I don't like: Cena, Adam Rose/Bunny, Big Show in anything, Rowan as face, Swagger without Zeb, New Day, New Fandango, lack of female division TV time, and the shallow roster (same matches happening on Raw/Smackdown for 3-4 weeks leading up to a PPV and then start all over again -- there needs to be diversity and a bigger roster to pull from.

Sephzilla

Shane is the greatest non-wrestler in the history of pro-wrestling. I will always stand by that. Dude did some crazy shit and took some mad ass bumps. I still think he gets some of the best air with his top rope stuff.

You know what, I'll 100% agree with this. Shane was entertaining as fuck both in the ring and with a microphone.

I really wish he was still involved with WWE in some way :(

This just makes me feel bad.

From the fine people at Urbandictionary.com

slod
sonic laugh of doom
to have a loud annoying laugh that peirces the eardrums.
usually starts high pitched and goes down to lower pitches in intervals. the first laugh is always the highest and only can be heard by dogs. compared to dog whistles.
did you hear her laugh?!
what a SLOD!!
or
my aunt has a slod.

i'm having way too much fun with extreme warfare revenge. I've already had to make a spreadsheet for the thing

Glad to hear you like it. It's definitely not for everyone. It can be fun for serious fantasy booking or to have some shits and giggles with.

How do you know he doesn't? Would you be surprised to find out that Roddy Piper has AIDS and at least 2 forms of hepatitis?

Nobody knows where those bagpipes have been, brother

more analysis i pay for from david meltzer and bryan chico alvarez

"nobody is hot so you could have ziggler, ambrose, or reigns win the rumble. they're all on the same level to me"

I'd be very surprised if they went with Ambrose over Ziggler (negating Reigns altogether). Ziggler seems to be actually getting a push. Ambrose is just... there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
did anyone ever truly explain why Shane kind of abruptly got the hell out of dodge and went halfway across the world?

Doesn't really need explaining, does it? It's likely a combination of Stephanie trying to get him out of the way and Vince constantly not taking his ideas and using them. Shane wanted to do stuff with the UFC WAY before Vince did. Shane wanted to do an online show WAY before NXT. If Vince had listened to Shane, they'd probably actually be hip and with it instead of 3 or 4 years behind.

Sephzilla

Doesn't really need explaining, does it? It's likely a combination of Stephanie trying to get him out of the way and Vince constantly not taking his ideas and using them. Shane wanted to do stuff with the UFC WAY before Vince did. Shane wanted to do an online show WAY before NXT. If Vince had listened to Shane, they'd probably actually be hip and with it instead of 3 or 4 years behind.

God damnit Shane, come back and use your money to start up a real rival promotion :(

I watched the Heyman doc last night and it was hilarious to see Shane was trying to do the whole Triple H thing before Triple H, only for things to get fucked.

Top Bottom