• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

strobogo

Banned
tumblr_ne6do5c22U1qm9odpo1_500.jpg

OD4lrdi.gif

I don't really think bray needs to improve in the ring or even promo-wise but they need to repurpose him. What's the point of a cult leader character when he can't do anything scary :\

It's just the typical textbook WWE current day writing that is toothless and lame. What's the last actual shocking thing to happen on WWE television? Nexus debut?

Alucard

Banned
Just saw The Hobbit 3. Probably the prettiest epic action movie I've ever seen. So many gorgeous scenes and confrontations. Didn't see the second one, but was semi-disappointed with the first. This was a really FnP ride.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
¡HarlequinPanic!;144554587 said:
I don't really think bray needs to improve in the ring or even promo-wise but they need to repurpose him. What's the point of a cult leader character when he can't do anything scary :\

It's just the typical textbook WWE current day writing that is toothless and lame. What's the last actual shocking thing to happen on WWE television? Nexus debut?

They have way too many characters who don't have any reason to be in a wrestling promotion.

Sephzilla

Just saw The Hobbit 3. Probably the prettiest epic action movie I've ever seen. So many gorgeous scenes and confrontations. Didn't see the second one, but was semi-disappointed with the first. This was a really FnP ride.

*Shrug*

Hobbit 3 is my least favorite of all the Middle Earth movies. I didn't hate the movie but i was disappointed with it.

yeahh but you can--augh I don't want to armchair book.

its easy to right a guy like bray without having him be interested in a gold belt. the wwe is a platform he can manipulate and influence to serve his dastardly ways! It should write itself~

But mean shit we've seen him beatdown people like what, twice this past year? The rest of the time he just shows up and does mic work. They need guys who are just out to hurt people as bad guys. Brock does it but has too much fuckin' fanfare, its annoying. I like the idea of the character behind baron corbin but I'd like him to be leaner. This kind of unassumingly built character that just turns it on and kicks the shit out of dudes.

Alas, there's only room for one or two character archetypes.

E- provin' my mettle as an uneducated wrasslin' fan by saying right instead of write.

Do you think Shane will ever return to the company?

I think he'll eventually be on good enough terms to make an televised appearance through the years. They are family at the end of the day after all, and being a carny runs in the blood, but I don't expect him to have anything to do with the product from a creative or business standpoint again.

On another note, I can't stop listening to that Rusev remix that was posted earlier

dancecole.gif

They have way too many characters who don't have any reason to be in a wrestling promotion.

Yeah, like the Undertaker, Kane, Hollywood Superstar The Miz and the list goes on. There is room for CHARACTERS in wrestling, not everyone has to be themselves or an extension of themselves, yanno? It's just boils down to writing and how they're booked. You can't build Bray up and give him scripts about how he can just control people and sway them over to his side and how he has all these schemes to take over the WWE universe and then have him lose, have anyone he's tried to convert never convert. He's a main event character booked as a mid-carder and it just doesn't work for him at all. I see a ton of comparisons between him and Foley, not just look wise either. He can just be a little loopy, make Bray Wyatt a personality of his like how Foley had multiples that he could later tap into, like how he came back as Cactus Jack to face HHH (am I remember that right?). He just needs more variety in his promo. He can talk, he can put on a great match, he's got a killer entrance, he has everything going for him, but they're giving him jack shit to work with.

Sephzilla

I could possibly see Shane coming back to WWE after Vince steps down. Being the CEO of another big company probably makes him more qualified for the position than Steph or HHH. It would probably be some kind of "board of directors doesn't have faith in HHH or Steph" kind of thing

Fox318

I could possibly see Shane coming back to WWE after Vince steps down. Being the CEO of another big company probably makes him more qualified for the position than Steph or HHH. It would probably be some kind of "board of directors doesn't have faith in HHH or Steph" kind of thing
That board has guys like Dunn on it

He gets to make money, ride bikes and spend time with his family and have a voice in business deals. He's living the life. The son of King Carny got out.

Save_US_5h4n3

Alucard

Banned
*Shrug*

Hobbit 3 is my least favorite of all the Middle Earth movies. I didn't hate the movie but i was disappointed with it.

Really? What didn't you like about it? I thought it was much better than the first film at least. Much more focused with a more consistent tone. The first movie had this weird "Not sure if I wanna be a comedy or a dark epic" feel.

jred2k

Shane's a businessman. There's going to always be a part of him that wonders if he can make the business even bigger than his dad.

It would be interesting to see a list of his ideas that weren't used and how the company might be different if they were used.

somedevil

more analysis i pay for from david meltzer and bryan chico alvarez

"nobody is hot so you could have ziggler, ambrose, or reigns win the rumble. they're all on the same level to me"

Ziggler is hotter than both of those guys right now. Plus people pay for this when John and Wai are free?

Beyond Wrestling and a bunch of other indies are holding a 'Boycott RAW' event on January 19th where they're inviting everyone who complains endlessly about RAW, but then still tunes in the next week to watch a ton of free indie wrestling live streamed on Beyond's youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeyondWrestling

I think WrassleGAF should do this. Even if you fucking hate indie wrestling, I guarantee you'll have a better time making fun of it here and in nerdchat than you would do watching RAW.

Beyond Wrestling and a bunch of other indies are holding a 'Boycott RAW' event on January 19th where they're inviting everyone who complains endlessly about RAW, but then still tunes in the next week to watch a ton of free indie wrestling live streamed on Beyond's youtube channel.

I think WrassleGAF should do this. Even if you fucking hate indie wrestling, I guarantee you'll have a better time making fun of it here and in nerdchat than you would do watching RAW.

will there be retired celebrities and midgets?

strobogo

Banned
You know, I don't really have a problem with sending guys back to NXT once in while. Not for retraining or anything, but to give them a break from over exposure on TV and maybe allow them to try some new things. It also gives the NXT guys more opportunities to work with bigger stars.

Sephzilla

Really? What didn't you like about it? I thought it was much better than the first film at least. Much more focused with a more consistent tone. The first movie had this weird "Not sure if I wanna be a comedy or a dark epic" feel.

I'll spoiler it

The opening of Hobbit 3 should have been the ending of the last movie. Having Smaug show up only to get killed 10 minutes into the movie was dumb because it felt like the movie basically had to reset itself.

I was starting to get attached to the characters during the second movie, but it felt like almost all of their character development stopped going into this movie. Thorin swings between heel and face like the fucking Big Show. The Sauron sub plot is wiped away pretty abruptly. Why does 9 more dwarves suddenly end up being enough to turn the tide of a battle where they are clearly outnumbered?

The CG in this movie also felt surprisingly weak. It just felt like I was seeing a lot of copy/paste orcs, elves, and dwarves everywhere and it took me out of the movie a bit. Plus that dwarf leading that army was apparently all CGI for no good reason. I didn't like how the supporting dwarves were killed off kind of abruptly, and on top of that whats-her-face Elf Lady who was in love with one of them didn't even get to avenge his death. Instead she became a crying female stereotype just so Legolas could have another fight scene where he rips off Metal Gear Rising at the end of it by running up a falling bridge.

The battles in this movie felt like video game fights and didn't really mesh with the tone of the more grounded Lord of the Rings battles. Legolas skateboarding down stairs on a shield I can buy because it's somewhat physically possible, but running up the bricks of a falling bridge is a straight up "physics dont work that way" thing.

Thorin's death didn't feel like it had much weight to it because his death was, honestly, stupid and his final talk with Bilbo didn't have much emotional weight behind it for me considering this they don't act friendly to each other at all during the movie. Oh, and remember the Arkenstone and how that didn't get resolved at all either by the end of the movie?

I just, ugh, I dunno, I actually got bored with this movie and it felt really sloppy compared to the other 5 movies Jackson did

I love that Shane got the fuck out of dodge while he could

I love that Punk and Del Rio got the fuck out of dodge while they could

I love that Dwayne and Dave got the fuck out of dodge while they could and are richer than ever for it

I wish more people would exit terrible situations while they were able to

HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN! HO HO HOGAN!
He's got the crowd in the palm of his hand and didn't even need Cena to get his chant over.

I'm game if you don't mind reposting this at the start of RAW

sure fuck it

are the wres...i mean, entertainers, at least 5'8 in height?

Some of them are, but a fair few may be shorter. And it's OK friend, you can call these guys & gals wrestlers. Incidentally, knowing the promotions involved there's likely to be an intergender match where the guys actually wrestle the girls. That may be a carny step too far for some of you, I fear.

I'm game if you don't mind reposting this at the start of RAW

Will do :)

Why is it a brass ring? Why not gold?
Some of them are, but a fair few may be shorter. And it's OK friend, you can call these guys & gals wrestlers. Incidentally, knowing the promotions involved there's likely to be an intergender match where the guys actually wrestle the girls. That may be a carny step too far for some of you, I fear.

God I'm hearing all of this in Monsoon's voice because of that avatar, lmao

jred2k

Matt Striker will be doing hype videos for all the WK9 matches.

First up, the Jr. Tag Title 4-way.

There is no way I could listen to this guy for four hours. He's in the Tenay-tier of cunts.

You know, I don't really have a problem with sending guys back to NXT once in while. Not for retraining or anything, but to give them a break from over exposure on TV and maybe allow them to try some new things. It also gives the NXT guys more opportunities to work with bigger stars.

Case in point, Cesaro. Didn't someone post a video the other day about Curtis Axel going down for a bit. I'll be pretty surprised if anything he does can make me give a shit about him.

Top Bottom