• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

strobogo

Banned
gakjsZQ.gif

This is exactly how I feel watching this movie.

Alucard

Banned
I'll spoiler it

The opening of Hobbit 3 should have been the ending of the last movie. Having Smaug show up only to get killed 10 minutes into the movie was dumb because it felt like the movie basically had to reset itself.

I was starting to get attached to the characters during the second movie, but it felt like almost all of their character development stopped going into this movie. Thorin swings between heel and face like the fucking Big Show. The Sauron sub plot is wiped away pretty abruptly. Why does 9 more dwarves suddenly end up being enough to turn the tide of a battle where they are clearly outnumbered?

The CG in this movie also felt surprisingly weak. It just felt like I was seeing a lot of copy/paste orcs, elves, and dwarves everywhere and it took me out of the movie a bit. Plus that dwarf leading that army was apparently all CGI for no good reason. I didn't like how the supporting dwarves were killed off kind of abruptly, and on top of that whats-her-face Elf Lady who was in love with one of them didn't even get to avenge his death. Instead she became a crying female stereotype just so Legolas could have another fight scene where he rips off Metal Gear Rising at the end of it by running up a falling bridge.

The battles in this movie felt like video game fights and didn't really mesh with the tone of the more grounded Lord of the Rings battles. Legolas skateboarding down stairs on a shield I can buy because it's somewhat physically possible, but running up the bricks of a falling bridge is a straight up "physics dont work that way" thing.

Thorin's death didn't feel like it had much weight to it because his death was, honestly, stupid and his final talk with Bilbo didn't have much emotional weight behind it for me considering this they don't act friendly to each other at all during the movie. Oh, and remember the Arkenstone and how that didn't get resolved at all either by the end of the movie?

I just, ugh, I dunno, I actually got bored with this movie and it felt really sloppy compared to the other 5 movies Jackson did

I can certainly concede on a lot of these points. You're spot on about
the arkenstone and the humans storyline in general. They seemed to get totally dropped by the end, and the significance of the eagles wasn't played up enough.

somedevil

There is no way I could listen to this guy for four hours. He's in the Tenay-tier of cunts.

I've probably would of accepted him more if I didn't know Pollock was the other choice.

Case in point, Cesaro. Didn't someone post a video the other day about Curtis Axel going down for a bit. I'll be pretty surprised if anything he does can make me give a shit about him.

Yep he is going to face Itami on the main event of one the upcoming NXT shows.

joelseph

Beyond Wrestling and a bunch of other indies are holding a 'Boycott RAW' event on January 19th where they're inviting everyone who complains endlessly about RAW, but then still tunes in the next week to watch a ton of free indie wrestling live streamed on Beyond's youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeyondWrestling

I think WrassleGAF should do this. Even if you fucking hate indie wrestling, I guarantee you'll have a better time making fun of it here and in nerdchat than you would do watching RAW.

This beyond wrestling person is a fan of 2Chainz and dubstep

jred2k

Someone should go back to one of their posts from last night and edit in spoilers to Raw. It would ruin bean breath's afternoon.

Why is it a brass ring? Why not gold?

Because:

A brass ring is a small grabbable ring that a dispenser presents to a carousel rider during the course of a ride. Usually there are a large number of iron rings and one brass one, or just a few. It takes some dexterity to grab a ring from the dispenser as the carousel rotates. The iron rings can be tossed at a target as an amusement. Typically, getting the brass ring gets the rider some sort of prize when presented to the operator. The prize often is a free repeat ride. The phrase to grab the brass ring is derived from this device.

It's literally a carny phrase

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Is this on purpose or are you dumb as fuck?

I enjoy watching everyone complaining about the waterhole (WWE) tasting like shit but always returning to the waterhole since there's nothing else in the US that's on the same level. So yeah, you are dumb as fuck for continually returning back to the shitty waterhole that tastes like shit and will continue until VKM dies or sells off the WWE. The complaining has now become a parody of itself, so always amuses me to check in after Raw to see the same complaints regardless of what happens.

I enjoy watching everyone complaining about the waterhole (WWE) tasting like shit but always returning to the waterhole since there's nothing else in the US that's on the same level. So yeah, you are dumb as fuck for continually returning back to the shitty waterhole that tastes like shit and will continue until VKM dies or sells off the WWE. The complaining has now become a parody of itself, so always amuses me to check in after Raw to see the same complaints regardless of what happens.

That's a completely different thing than what you originally said, friend.

Bean Breath, huh? Beans tend to make people gassy, must be why you talk a lot of crap, jack. I see you come out here every week runnin' your mouth like you own the place, but let me tell ya somethin' kid.. These fans here in WrestleGAF pay damn good money to come here EACH. AND. EVERY. WEEK! ..and regardless of how positive or negative they feel, at the end of the day, this is AMERICA and they have the right to those opinions. So stop running your jaw and run on down to this ring and I'll smack the taste of Beans out your mouth, jack

i44OX.gif

Marvel

could never
Hi bean.

Except merch, Seth is better than Punk in every way... there's similarities sure, but the speed of his growth in all attributes is highly impressive.

Swagger stay jobbing

Dolph, stop this shit.

New Day vignettes? Again? So are we forgetting the past 3 weeks?

So....... who gets to bury Adam Rose this week?

R Truth? The hell?!?

Edit: loooooooooololololollololllllllll

Well the bunny is done now finally. They already taped smackdown and actually planned ahead.
None of this is on Hulu, what a ripoff. I'm never doing this again. I can't believe I missed The New Day.

Nothing makes a man look more strong than a count out

Now that's how you make Roman look strong.

This isn't over btw

OH COME ON. What kind of steamrolling rocket-attached face who is supposed to be on a rampage wins via goddamn count-out? Yup. That makes him look soooooo so strong.

Weak sauce on count out win..
"It doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning"

-Dominic Toretto

Believe that.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
That's a completely different thing than what you originally said, friend.

Nope -- Reigns is just the new cog in the wheel that people are complaining about since it's WWE-endorsed and not fan-endorsed. Doesn't matter who it is; this thread will typically complain about the wrestler that is being placed in the spotlight by the WWE. And that, my friend, is hilarious since it's a never-ending cycle with WWE and anyone who isn't on board with what the WWE is selling.

Gotta cock something when you used to hang out with the Titty Master.

Nope -- Reigns is just the new cog in the wheel that people are complaining about since it's WWE-endorsed and not fan-endorsed. Doesn't matter who it is; this thread will typically complain about the wrestler that is being placed in the spotlight by the WWE. And that, my friend, is hilarious since it's a never-ending cycle with WWE and anyone who isn't on board with what the WWE is selling.

Just as hilarious as you being okay with it.

Top Bottom