• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marvel

could never
Piper is that forum poster that reviews wrestling shows and religious texts, uses foul language, and brags about getting drunk and being a white man.

YC53jih.gif

kiguel182

I'll give Lucas one thing for sure. That shot of Luke staring at the binary sunset is one of the best shots in any movie ever.

I think A New Hope is a fun movie despite Lucas, honestly. Empire and Jedi are superior movies in part because Lucas was less directly involved with them.

It's so good that would bet Lucas was off that day.

Or maybe he saw it somewhere and copied it.

It blows my mind when I hear people that grew up with the prequel trilogy
A) say it's better than the original
B) somehow love Star Wars because of it

Sephzilla

It's so good that would bet Lucas was off that day.

Or maybe he saw it somewhere and copied it.

I like what Red Letter Media said about the opening shot in A New Hope with the Star Destroyer

"I bet Lucas didn't like it and actively fought against its inclusion in the movie"

¡HarlequinPanic!;144568144 said:
ayo.

jedi is the slacker of the original 3.

No way. All of the stuff with Luke and Vader in Jedi is A+

2567641-6939429681-retur.gif

This whole scene is possibly my favorite segment in the entire trilogy. Jedi also has the best face turn in any promotion.

PInk Tape

Banned
The only things I can remember from January are that fabulous Bray/Bryan match and Bryan doing the Yes chant inside the steel cage.

That's it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of shoots, Michael gets shot in the first episode of Knight Rider. That shit never would have happened to Magnum.

Sorry carnby

do new star trek movies even matter anymore now that star wars is coming out?

The 2009 one was a nice novelty but I can't see people who watched those shows sticking it out through each film nor can I see many new converts wanting to still see the uncool cousin of star wars.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;144568771 said:
do new star trek movies even matter anymore now that star wars is coming out?

The 2009 one was a nice novelty but I can't see people who watched those shows sticking it out through each film nor can I see many new converts wanting to still see the uncool cousin of star wars.

Trek 2009 is one of the best Trek films in general.

I wish they'd stop doing Trek movies though, to be honest. Star Trek works so much better as an episodic television series and more often than not falls apart in the feature film format. Most of the only good Trek movies are glorified part 2 episodes of something from their respective series.

Wrath of Khan is Space Seed Part 2
Undiscovered Country is the payoff movie from all of the Kirk-hates-Klingons shit from Treks 3/4/5 (see? episodic)
First Contact is a semi follow up to Best of Both Worlds

kiguel182

I just really don't care for ep IV

I liked V

I haven't seen VI

And I'm not big on the theme

fuck han solo

fuck the millenium falcon

fuck old leia

Now I'm glad I didn't vote for you for community MVP.

It blows my mind when I hear people that grew up with the prequel trilogy
A) say it's better than the original
B) somehow love Star Wars because of it

It's really confusing. I think it speaks for the strength of the core idea that people can like those pieces of shit.
Or maybe they don't know better.

I like what Red Letter Media said about the opening shot in A New Hope with the Star Destroyer

"I bet Lucas didn't like it and actively fought against its inclusion in the movie"

No way. All of the stuff with Luke and Vader in Jedi is A+

2567641-6939429681-retur.gif

This whole scene is possibly my favorite segment in the entire trilogy. Jedi also has the best face turn in any promotion.

Yeah, I agree. Knowing everything we know about Star Wars and the way Lucas made those movies I just assume that every good idea wasn't his apart from the general idea of it.

Sephzilla

Yeah, I agree. Knowing everything we know about Star Wars and the way Lucas made those movies I just assume that every good idea wasn't his apart from the general idea of it.

It's honestly kind of true. IIRC the original cut Lucas made of the original movie was considered awful by most of the people who saw it (there's reasons why Alec Guiness and others thought the movie was going to tank). A New Hope was saved by other editors.

kiguel182

It's honestly kind of true. IIRC the original cut Lucas made of the original movie was considered awful by most of the people who saw it (there's reasons why Alec Guiness and others thought the movie was going to tank). A New Hope was saved by other editors.

It was his wife that edited it, or at least made it watchable.

It's the same with Han Solo. The reason he is awesome is because Ford corrected a bunch of shit Lucas had written for him.

I also don't know if the Empire twist was his idea. I know it wasn't his first idea but I don't recall if it wasn't suggested by someone else.

But yeah, Lucas deserves credit for moving forward with the movie and fighting for it to get made but the reason the movie is what it is isn't Lucas's doing.

At least he is off the franchise. It can't get worse.

Sephzilla

It was his wife that edited it, or at least made it watchable.

It's the same with Han Solo. The reason he is awesome is because Ford corrected a bunch of shit Lucas had written for him.

I also don't know if the Empire twist was his idea. I know it wasn't his first idea but I don't recall if it wasn't suggested by someone else.

But yeah, Lucas deserves credit for moving forward with the movie and fighting for it to get made but the reason the movie is what it is isn't Lucas's doing.

At least he is off the franchise. It can't get worse.

Yeah I try to not be too hard on Lucas because he was a well of creative ideas and pushed to get Star Wars made. He just desperately needs someone to filter out his bullshit ideas. He's a lot like Vince Russo in that sense.

I'd like to see everyone's winning percentage pre-Cena vs. post-Cena.

Oh man, it's probably a wasteland of losses

He beat Bryan clean at the Rumble when Bryan was hot as fuck.

Then Cena happened.

I think he even lost to Chris "I put Fandango over at Mania" Jericho.

-Bray was red hot going into Mania getting a clean win over Bryan.

-Cena's feud with Bray pretty quickly derails Bray and the Wyatt family.

-Jericho comes back to put over Bray and undo some of the damage Cena did.

-Cena comes back to bury Bray further.

kiguel182

Yeah I try to not be too hard on Lucas because he was a well of creative ideas and pushed to get Star Wars made. He just desperately needs someone to filter out his bullshit ideas. He's a lot like Vince Russo in that sense.

Oh man, it's probably a wasteland of losses

I would compare him more to Vince actually.

He can have great ideas but benefits from the talent and people around him stepping up and being involved. When he doesn't have any opposition we get the prequels and Cena ten year reign respectively.

I just really don't care for ep IV

I liked V

I haven't seen VI

And I'm not big on the theme

fuck han solo

fuck the millenium falcon

fuck old leia

I used to think you were Carlito Cool... Now I gotta wonder about you

BECAUSE THIS IS THE FUCKING WWE AND THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO FUCKING BOOK SHIT ANYMORE AND FLUKE THEIR FUCKING WAY INTO SHIT THAT'S SOMEHOW GOOD. THEY HAVE A TEMPLATE FOR THEIR MAIN EVENT FACES AND THEY CAN'T CHANGE IT BECAUSE THEY SERVE THE WHIMS OF A SENILE OUT OF TOUCH 69 YEAR OLD MAN WHO THINKS DRESSING A LITTLE MAN IN A REINDEER COSTUME IS OSCAR LEVEL COMEDY SO UNTIL HE'S FUCKING DEAD THERE'S NO USE COMPLAINING BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOING TO GET ANY BETTER

STOP WATCHING RAW
I disagree.

Sephzilla

I would compare him more to Vince actually.

He can have great ideas but benefits from the talent and people around him stepping up and being involved. When he doesn't have any opposition we get the prequels and Cena ten year reign respectively.

The Prequel Trilogy is absolutely WCW era Vince Russo

Nekofrog

Banned
New Hope might not be an amazing directed movie but the pacing is amazing, the story is simple and straightforward and it just flows really well.

It lacks good cinematography because Lucas was behind it but fuck me if it isn't a great movie and a classic.

The swelling of music and the shot of the twin sun on Tattooine is one of the best scenes in all of film history, surpassed only by Vader's pyre scene with the return of the score.

but then yub nub

Top Bottom