• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

He did wear pants for some reason though

surv14_photo_217-3440177246-0.jpg

oh man, wwe finally uploaded the reigns/big show match, but edited it around all of the chants, amazing

At least now we know why it took so long lol

Before wcw turned into a complete shit show and Russo evaporated all prestige from the titles, a solid run as US champion could do a lot to elevate guys near super stardom until Hogan smacked then back down again

My point I guess is that even then rises felt more organic even if they were manufactured whereas with reigns its so obviously forced that it's a detriment even to marks
Do you think maybe,I don't know, it's because you're 15 years older now?

Nope -- Reigns is just the new cog in the wheel that people are complaining about since it's WWE-endorsed and not fan-endorsed. Doesn't matter who it is; this thread will typically complain about the wrestler that is being placed in the spotlight by the WWE. And that, my friend, is hilarious since it's a never-ending cycle with WWE and anyone who isn't on board with what the WWE is selling.

kVekxl3.png

Sephzilla

Nope -- Reigns is just the new cog in the wheel that people are complaining about since it's WWE-endorsed and not fan-endorsed. Doesn't matter who it is; this thread will typically complain about the wrestler that is being placed in the spotlight by the WWE. And that, my friend, is hilarious since it's a never-ending cycle with WWE and anyone who isn't on board with what the WWE is selling.

Did I slip into a parallel universe where people weren't on board with Bryan getting the belt at WM30?

somedevil

WWE Viewership for 12/22:

8pm: 3.632
9pm: 3.907
10pm: 3.354

Avg: 3.631

550,000 drop in the 3rd hour. Second week in a row with 3.3 viewers in the 3rd hour.

sony's financials are in huge trouble.

Now this thing with the interview happens, gets the attention of the president. Sony puts the film back on, the prez gives them the rub, and the movie will be a bigger hit than it had any hope of being before this moment.

....do we know if CM Punk is in this film at all?

I am honestly shocked Cole called the Michinoku Driver.

Cole actually called a move? Taka actually got a mention on Raw?

Michinoku Driver

What fucking universe did we get teleported to?

I love how Cole called that movie properly and King semi-mocked him about it.

JBL just as shook as I am to hear Michinoku Driver called lol

Even Lawler was like "What?"

I'm sure that move is called "What impact", and not the Michinoku Driver.
It doesn't take much to amuse you nerds.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Did I slip into a parallel universe where people weren't on board with Bryan getting the belt at WM30?

Nope, back to when Batista returned and won the rumble. Or anytime Cena is being re-pushed and knocks down the young guys (ziggler, Sandow, bray, etc). Same thing goes with the Sheamus hate the used to be and the Randy Orton' s recent push up until the meme.

Nevertheless the cycle continues. I agree with much of the resentment (kane, big show, Cena etc) but the cycle will pick back up no matter how many times someone like Bryan rises up. I fear for anyone in NXT, especially Zayn.

Nekofrog

Banned
well what about this

the word carny vs oh... i don't know... kane in a loser leaves town match

kane should be fine as long as he watches where he's going

Sephzilla

Nope, back to when Batista returned and won the rumble. Or anytime Cena is being re-pushed and knocks down the young guys (ziggler, Sandow, bray, etc). Same thing goes with the Sheamus hate the used to be and the Randy Orton' s recent push up until the meme.

Nevertheless the cycle continues. I agree with much of the resentment (kane, big show, Cena etc) but the cycle will pick back up no matter how many times someone like Bryan rises up. I fear for anyone in NXT, especially Zayn.

Batista was fully earned because he couldn't even go for more than few minutes without gassing himself.

I actually fear for Zayn on the main show because he could totally get the LOLZAYNWINS push that Cena and Roman get I think. The reason Zayn works so well on NXT is because HHH is smart enough to have him lose.

Piper is that obnoxious family member that nobody talks about but manages to show up to every family get together and gets shit-faced and thinks he's the life of the party.

Row Sov
Piper is that forum poster that reviews wrestling shows and religious texts, uses foul language, and brags about getting drunk and being a white man.

Vylash

Batista was fully earned because he couldn't even go for more than few minutes without gassing himself.

I actually fear for Zayn on the main show because he could totally get the LOLZAYNWINS push that Cena and Roman get I think. The reason Zayn works so well on NXT is because HHH is smart enough to have him lose.

are we thinking of the same sami zayn?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo

Yeah, I can see that. As much as WWE needs fresh talent and a more entertaining roster, I'm selfish and don't want NXT wrestlers becoming the next Drew McIntyre and having their walking papers after WWE gave them nothing to do.

Sephzilla

What am I seeing?

Return is the shitty one. New Hope and Empire are the good ones

A New Hope is fun but it's pretty one dimensional and the acting honestly isn't that good. Which isn't a huge surprise given Lucas directed that one. Empire and Jedi do a ton more with the characters and have more interesting plots.

-Vader is boring in A New Hope
-Carrie Fischer cant decide if she wants to use an accent for Leia
-Alec Guiness doesn't entirely feel like he wants to be there
-Hamill tries his hardest with the Luke character but Lucas's writing of Luke in the first movie kind of sucks
-Ford honestly tries the hardest out of all of them but man his "May the Force be with you" line is awkward as fuck

are we thinking of the same sami zayn?

I just fear that if Vince likes Zayn he's going to groom him into a Proto Cena who overcomes all the odds and never loses matches.

I swear no other network takes time out to pump their ratings.

It's either an ad or a press release for most stuff.

WWE straight up takes time away to say stuff like: "THE WWE AND USA NETWORK ARE NUMBER 1 IN VIEWERSHIP WITH MIDDLE AGED MEN WITH DOGS IN NORTH DAKOTA!!!!"
You'll routinely see CBS promos where they pimp their shows as the number one comedy, drama, etc.

Stop hating on WWE.

kiguel182

A New Hope is fun but it's pretty one dimensional and the acting honestly isn't that good. Which isn't a huge surprise given Lucas directed that one. Empire and Jedi do a ton more with the characters and have more interesting plots.

I just fear that if Vince likes Zayn he's going to groom him into a Proto Cena who overcomes all the odds and never loses matches.

New Hope might not be an amazing directed movie but the pacing is amazing, the story is simple and straightforward and it just flows really well.

It lacks good cinematography because Lucas was behind it but fuck me if it isn't a great movie and a classic.

Fox318

You'll routinely see CBS promos where they pimp their shows as the number one comedy, drama, etc.

Stop hating on WWE.

But not during the show.

NFL on CBS doesn't take time in between 1st and 2nd down to pump up their ratings.

Plus who is Vince talking to with that shit...

Investors?
Ad buyers?
The viewer?

Sephzilla

New Hope might not be an amazing directed movie but the pacing is amazing, the story is simple and straightforward and it just flows really well.

It lacks good cinematography because Lucas was behind it but fuck me if it isn't a great movie and a classic.

I'll give Lucas one thing for sure. That shot of Luke staring at the binary sunset is one of the best shots in any movie ever.

I think A New Hope is a fun movie despite Lucas, honestly. Empire and Jedi are superior movies in part because Lucas was less directly involved with them.

Top Bottom