• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
Some actual news from Meltzer from today's radio show is that if the Undertaker is not wrestling at Mania 31, the idea is that him and Savage would co-headline the Hall of Fame so him being on the side of a truck isn't a lock for him wrestling necessarily.

Vylash

don't know why i'm sitting here watching old cena stuff but here i am

V7Mx2fP.gif

qHDAWiL.gif

Merry Christmas WrestleGAF!

I didn't get anything wrestling related but I got a couple metal gear Kai figures lol
anyway have a good night everyone.

I'm gonna shoot for a second and say I hope you all had a merry christmas or whatever holiday it is you choose to celebrate. This community makes me laugh so much that I hope you were rewarded with gifts from other people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hama is delightfully gross. You guys need some Hamachan in your stocking.

urTecLv.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did not know at the time of his arrest, that Nash was still employed by the WWE. Was he their secret booker or something?

Legends Contract, detailed in the writeup as well. Suspended from it now.

strobogo

Banned
Hey y'all, legitshook.com now has ads, so going to the site and clicking on the links once in a while helps Sunny pay those gimmicks they send in the mail called bills. I have quite a bit of content coming up in the next few weeks.

Ithil

Timothy Dalton is an awesome Bond, I'm sad he only got to do two films. The Living Daylights is classic style Bond done right, Licence To Kill is downright vicious proto-Daniel Craig stuff.

Serious breath of fresh air after Roger Moore went all wrinkly before my eyes. I've already seen all of Brosnan's films so won't be any surprises there. But at least I'll be seeing GoldenEye again.

Zach

Hey y'all, legitshook.com now has ads, so going to the site and clicking on the links once in a while helps Sunny pay those gimmicks they send in the mail called bills. I have quite a bit of content coming up in the next few weeks.

I'll go click a couple of ads for the workin' man.

Edit: Haha, it's a Nature Box ad... just like the Austin podcast...

strobogo

Banned
Timothy Dalton is an awesome Bond, I'm sad he only got to do two films. The Living Daylights is classic style Bond done right, Licence To Kill is downright vicious proto-Daniel Craig stuff.

Serious breath of fresh air after Roger Moore went all wrinkly before my eyes. I've already seen all of Brosnan's films so won't be any surprises there. But at least I'll be seeing GoldenEye again.

The Living Daylights is the one on Netflix. I liked Dalton a lot in the role even if the movie felt weird. Like it conflicted on being more serious, so the traditional campy stuff feels so out of place and weird in it. I want to watch LTK. But Moore was wrinkly as fuck to begin with. At 45, he looked to be a solid 56.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

License to Kill was thoroughly 90s, finally.

Alucard

Banned
Shootin' With Alucard: The 2014 Carnies

WWE Superstar of the Year - Sami Zayn

Zayn is not a WWE Superstar, and this should have gone to either Bryan (awesome matches with Wyatt, Cesaro, HHH, and the Mania triple threat) or Rollins (has kept the MitB relevant and carried a shit ton of matches, not to mention his work with Dean Ambrose)

- Best Non-WWE Wrestler - AJ Styles

Spot on. *Thumbs up*

- Tag Team of 2014 - The Young Bucks

The only answer in 2014 outside of reDRagon. Totally ashamed to see so many people voting for Miz and Mizdow. Broaden your horizons, marks.

- Best Women's Wrestler - Charlotte

It's either her or Natalya, so Yay. Gail Kim did okay too.

- WWE Match of the Year - Daniel Bryan vs HHH

Either this or Bryan vs. Wyatt would have been acceptable.

- Non-WWE Match of the Year - AJ Styles vs Minoru Suzuki

Pretty great, but almost any top NJPW match would take this category. Also would have considered a couple of ROH bouts.

- Promotion of the Year - NXT

Really good specials but totally hit or miss television. NJPW or ROH should be in this spot.

- Best on the Mic - Stephanie McMahon

I guess, but I think I would've voted for Paul Heyman, MVP, or even EC3 in her place.

- Best New Gimmick - Mizdow

Pretty sure I voted Rusev, but this still works. However, I think Tyson Kidd will get the most mileage out of his gimmick over these guys.

- Best Angle of 2014 - Daniel Bryan's Journey

Think I voted for this. The payoff was so damn good, and there were some pretty great moments along the way in addition to some absolute shit.

- Best Face - Sami Zayn

Daniel Bryan is the only answer. The guy had arenas going absolutely mental for him and he wrestled like a warrior. Zayn is a good choice too, though.

- Best Heel - Triple H

Yeah, I'll go with that, though I'm not sure why Wyatt didn't make this list due to his work before the Cena shit. Also, Adam Cole should be here.

-Best Show - NXT R Evolution

I'll take your word for it. I voted for ROH/NJPW War of the Worlds. So hot.

-Comeback of the Year - Mizdow

I think he was awesome before this current gimmick and he just made gold out of shit...but Tyson Kidd is the right answer here. Nobody gave a shit about him a year ago.

-Most Improved - Rusev

Nikki Bella is the answer here. Rusev had the moves before, but he just got a new gimmick and Lana to go with it.

-Drizzling shits - WWE announce team

Yep. Fuck these guys.

-Worst New Gimmick - Adam Rose

Of the choices, this is probably the right one, though the weird New Day gimmick is up there too for good reason. Where was Sam Shaw on here?

-Marking Out - Bryan @ 30

Yep. Nothing touched this aside from Zayn winning the NXT title IMO. Or Lesnar at SS.

-Cesaro - Cesaro

Yep.

-Fall from Grace - Cesaro

I voted Paige because of how everyone had hyped her up and how she worked good matches on NXT, but suddenly, her stories were shit and her matches were worse with AJ.

-Ashamed to Be a Fan - Network pandering

Bunny humping was awful, but I'd say any pseudo lesbian shit between Paige and AJ deserved this more than anything. Fuck the writers.

And that's it for now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rusev was awful in NXT

He was. Absolutely dreadful. He's definitely been training right and learning right. I love the guy now. Love his hoss on hoss matches, too - they usually fuckin' suck but Rusev has worked hard with other big guys to make them entertaining.

Bryan's 2014 journey was so satisfying that it's easy to forget that the stuff from when it started in SummerSlam 2013 up to the Rumble is some of the worst storytelling in any medium I've ever witnessed.

XenoRaven

I'm not trying to complain about nominations, but Luke Harper did not belong on "most improved". Dude was legit the day he walked into the main roster.

Top Bottom