• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
tumblr_mgnb5riiAP1rhybyko2_500.gif

best gimmick or Best Gimmick?

Alucard

Banned
Boxing Day GAF, if you could only buy one wrestling-related product today, what would it be? (DVD, shirt, replica belt, event ticket, etc.)

Maybe a Network sub?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dragonzord, I don't know why you mentioned Raven/Dreamer in relation to good story telling in wrestling. That feud is fucking awful. The story itself (Dreamer and Raven fighting over a fat girl from summer camp) was stupid, the promos were garbage, and the matches were even worse.

The promos were the only reason people remember the feud, so it was important to the feud.
HBK is TMF

tumblr_nf7z0vXKvO1u1ytkko1_1280.jpg

We have officially lost all control of the term when Shawn Michaels can be recognized as TMF.

Boxing Day GAF, if you could only buy one wrestling-related product today, what would it be? (DVD, shirt, replica belt, event ticket, etc.)

Maybe a Network sub?

I've seen enough attempts over the last month or so to improve The Network, so I'd probably buy a Network sub (certainly as we head towards Wrestlemania). Other than that probably Chikara UK Tickets, or some indie/puro DVDs.

The promos were the only reason people remember the feud, so it was important to the feud.

We have officially lost all control of the term when Shawn Michaels can be recognized as TMF.

Maybe it was the literally sense, as I'm pretty sure Shawn Michaels has fucked a few people's mothers in his time. Probably their sisters too.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
When I was home for Christmas, I was going through my old wrestling figures and found The Disciples of Apocalypse figures. Even back then, I was a taste maker. Chainz and 8-ball 4 lyfe.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When I was home for Christmas, I was going through my old wrestling figures and found The Disciples of Apocalypse figures. Even back then, I was a taste maker. Chainz and 8-ball 4 lyfe.

Those figures are old enough to be your waifu's daddy.

Alucard

Banned
I had the old rubber toys of Hogan and The Hart Foundation...with tag belts! And then my sisters sold them at a garage sale without asking me. Good times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also had the DDP figure that was in permanent self high five motion.

Man, I wish Mattel made some Steiner Bros figures.

Still wish Hot Toys would strike a deal with WWE and have a limited line of their own dudes in SUPER DETAILED and SUPER EXPENSIVE ways. We technically got The Rock though. Imagine Bret, Macho Man, Hogan, and yes, Cena.

hot-toys-g-i-joe-retaliation-roadblock-with-knife.jpg

Chinese Rock, but still, The Rock.

strobogo

Banned
My favorite WCW figures were these two:

il_570xN.625402209_4no9.jpg

$(KGrHqJHJEsE+RWMSn7)BP2!!GUkMg~~60_35.JPG

The reason being is that I would stand them in the center of the ring and throw BCA Jakks Pacific at them to to catch. Those mother fuckers were sturdy as fuck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
5413536823_1e039cf982_b.jpg

Scott looks like they were accidentally making a Nash head and had to change halfway through

and all the belts are the big gold. Now THAT is some carny shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The old 80s early 90s figures were awesome because they were fairly cheap, but you also knew who they were so you could buy a bunch of them and be satisfied as a child since you could tell who was who. And the more recent stuff is cool, but expensive, because they've gotten a lot better. Like the new Road Warriors one is really dead on.

But the inbetween ones, man they're rough.
WWEJ3179.jpg

Get it? The Hitman? Do you get it?

Striker

I had that Vader one growing up.

Also owned a bunch of WWF figures from the mid 90's. I do remember having Bret, Owen, Bulldog, Ahmed Johnson, Mankind, Steve Austin, Razor Ramon, the Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Headbangers, and Farooq. Guessing from early to mid 1996.

I did not own wrestling toys because my parents were too poor

They used to take me to Value Village where I got an assortment of toys, and I made my own wrestling federation.

Featuring:

-Oversized Troll Doll as The Giant
-Three different versions of Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters (one of who was the ref). The other two were Troll Doll's lackeys. This faction were the main villains
-Ninja Turtle with a giant fan on his back as Lex Luger
-Some other guy from Ghostbusters. And other guy who looked like he was from Indiana Jones. These two were a bit generic but acted as friends and also enemies
-This wicked Alligator on rollerblades who was supposed to be this edgey, fun Ziggler type
-Some plasticky covered guy in all black and a goatee
-A muscular black guy from basketball who was Ahmed Johnson, who broke and was written off.
-And He-Man as Psycho Sid, who unfortunately lost his legs and had to be written off.

DMczaf

-A muscular black guy from basketball who was Ahmed Johnson, who broke and was written off.
-And He-Man as Psycho Sid, who unfortunately lost his legs and had to be written off.

Stretchuary is running wild

Top Bottom