• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aiii

So not worth it
It wasn't a bad idea in theory.

To give arguably the most monumental loss in the history of wrestling to a part timer that you only had under contract for another year?

He could have made a instant main eventer out of anyone that night by passing the streak to a younger guy. Lesnar didn't really benefit from it anyways, he was already a beast that kills stuff, his entire current program would've worked just as well without that particular accolade.

Vylash

To give arguably the most monumental loss in the history of wrestling to a part timer that you only had under contract for another year?

He could have made a instant main eventer out of anyone that night by passing the streak to a younger guy. Lesnar didn't really benefit from it anyways, he was already a beast that kills stuff, his entire current program would've worked just as well without that particular accolade.

not to mention brock's momentum was brought to a complete halt at night of champions, thanks cena

I don't know. You give the streak to someone who could just end up like Lesnar - catapult them to the top and they leave not longer after. It's risky. Lesnar is a monster and could have been a GOAT heel had they used his run properly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Or he could have made someone completely irl hated by the fanbase and never able to recover their career from ending the Undertaker's streak. I can't believe we're still having this conversation.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I have no problem with Brock beating Undertaker and ending the streak, the reaction was amazing and showed such disbelief can still occur. The problem is there was no real plan to use it beyond that specific shock moment.
No build up to a new guy beating Brock to really making it special, no Undertaker passing the torch to another wrestler who will get his revenge for him, no focus on making WWE feel like anything could happy again, and in essence no impact on WWE at all past Paul Heyman constantly mentioning it.

Undertaker's streak being broken I don't mind, but I hate the fact it means nothing now that it has ended and no one gained from it. Not even the Network. Which honestly, is a greater issue for many things in WWE of the past several years.

Anth0ny

I have no problem with Brock beating Undertaker and ending the streak, the reaction was amazing and showed such disbelief can still occur. The problem is there was no real plan to use it beyond that specific shock moment.
No build up to a new guy beating Brock to really making it special, no Undertaker passing the torch to another wrestler who will get his revenge for him, no focus on making WWE feel like anything could happy again, and in essence no impact on WWE at all past Paul Heyman constantly mentioning it.

Undertaker's streak being broken I don't mind, but I hate the fact it means nothing now that it has ended and no one gained from it. Not even the Network.

This.

It also doesn't help that the build towards the match AND the match itself was terrible. Only good part about it how legit shook everyone was when the pin happened and the streak broke.

I mean, in the current WWE climate, we're lucky the streak ending led to that glorious SummerSlam match. That's more than we should have expected.

Or he could have made someone completely irl hated by the fanbase and never able to recover their career from ending the Undertaker's streak. I can't believe we're still having this conversation.

Legit heat to last a career sounds like a wrestlers dream. Some Ric flair style heat

Marvel

could never
Also Rick was weird looking in UWF
hqdefault.jpg

Buff Show

Aiii

So not worth it

I find it hard to believe anyone turning on one of the Shield guys over that, or on Cesaro, could have even given it to Cena if you're afraid of giving it to a guy with a risk of walking out.

Crowd would only really turn on guys they already hate with a passion, like a Miz, or guys that are booked as undercard talent, I doubt anyone would have turned on a top guy.

Especially since, apparently, if Bryan hadn't been injured, that match would've been exactly the same except with Bryan instead of Cena

I don't doubt it. Once again WWE clusterfucks their way into something great. The only reason that match works is because Cena is Cena.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did I somehow miss the reactions of the Nash fans here to him and his son getting arrested?

What reactions? His son tried to assault his family and Nash dealt with it.
Kevin Nash @RealKevinNash · Dec 24
To those that have given their love. The best gift I could receive. The pain of the last 24 hours will never be erased.
He's clearly not happy about it. Do you want people to make dumbass quad jokes or something?

Heel

I am returning to reading and never writing about video games. These people value their console allegiances more than their personal information. Unbelievable.

Keep questioning the status quo, Joeki11a. Don't let them paint you as a concern troll for giving a damn.

kiguel182

Especially since, apparently, if Bryan hadn't been injured, that match would've been exactly the same except with Bryan instead of Cena

I want to believe that the match would've been different if Bryan was the champ and they simply chickened out and had to make Cena stronger on the second match.

But maybe I'm giving them way too much credit.

OK, so I've checked and I have nearly all CHIKARA and TNA shows from 2002-2006, that's halfway there! That's also a ton of wrestling to watch in one year, not sure if it's possible.

Re: Brock
Yet another one of those things that would have been fucking phenomenal if only they had done more than just Step 1 and Step 2 and then fucked off leaving it alone, to the point where now the only people looking good will be Cena when he beats him or Reigns when he beats him

Hasney

no one else could have credibly beat the streak. none of the shield guys, not bryan, not wyatt, nobody was booked that strongly.

Surely the obvious answer would be to book them strongly then? Hell, they could have used that as a springboard for someone.

It wasn't as if Brock was booked super-strong before that. He jobbed to HHH before, needed Heyman to save him against Punk and then beat up the Big Show.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
With no one else credible enough and no one they wanted to build up from it, but that still leaves plenty of options. Just imagine the hatred Bo Dallas could have had if he beat the streak with a schoolboy.

Heel

Clearly Joeki11a is just too damn real for people biting at the bit to play video games instead of questioning Sony's ability to protect their data.

Stay up, Joeki11a. Ahead of your time and misunderstood.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

A debut of "GO TAKE A LEAK" Movies, a new reccuring feature at Legitshook.com

007 THUNDERBALL

It's a multimedia review. I talk about the movie itself, the cool shit I liked, and Sean Connery beating the SHIT out of dudes at the end of the movie. I also talk about stuff referenced by Austin Powers. Included are gifs, pictures, and audio/video of the title song. This movie has sharks, a jet pack, more sharks, a dog pissing in the road in a scene, and a most impressive giant underwater battle with 30-40 people stabbing, shooting spearguns, choking each other. It's pretty cool. Also one of the more violent Bond movies in the sense that there is actually blood in this. Someone gets shot, you're going to see blood for sure.

Hasney

Went and looked up Joels thoughts on the matter and saw some doofus called MasterofPuppetz being an idiot yet unbanned. Joel has been wronged on this day.

Probably another Horse alt.

Top Bottom