• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good avi, Zord.

I wanted this one in better quality, but it doesn't seem to exist. And no one in Japan owns proper scanners.
tumblr_nh7thfSc7G1t34v14o1_250.jpg

Be fewer complaints about the pipped in crowd noise on Smackdown if they had more sound effects to use. I'm really tired of that vacuum cleaner "pop"
I'm tired of DMczaf and friends describing the sound as "seagull pop". Seagulls make a high pitched shrieking noise, not the sound of a hand dryer. Have you marks never communed with nature?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was just about to watch this PPV

The Souled Out and Fall Brawl matches are both good. Sid was like Diesel where he could work well with an opponent that could work around his limitations, and I always thought Benoit and Sid had a good 'You'd never think these guys would wrestle each other but they did' chemistry. One of the 'new feuds' I thought WCW had going that was interesting. Or could have been.

Lol Rome looking at Show. Sup Babygurl..lol

Also on a different note anyone heard of WC-WC? Watched a video and Gangriel is still wrestling.

I remember when almost no one cept for maybe Big Show would wear hoodies before CM Punk. Now the whole roster has their own hoodies lol.

Re-watched some stuff to see if I can decide on a match of the year - Naito vs Okada from the Dome was excellent, definitely the best match at WK8 and it really should have been the main event but for the poor build-up Naito had going in. As great as Okada is he's also very well protected and Naito deserves a lot of credit for breaking him out of his usual match formula. I enjoyed how well the match played on Okada's arrogant character, Naito one-upping Okada until he snapped and lost his cool, then in turn Okada did a great job selling the danger as Naito took advantage and almost had the match won. The key to the finish was Naito's Rainmaker reversal into his Pluma Blanca submission - Naito had great success with the submission in the G1 tournament and debuted the Rainmaker counter at the last Road to Tokyo Dome show before WK8, but this time Okada had it scouted so Naito had to resort to the Stardust Press, which he promptly missed, got tombstoned and ate a Rainmaker to finish the match. This one is certainly going to be up there with the best of the year, I feel.

Also watched the Tanahashi vs Nakamura trilogy of IC title matches - viewed on its own I found it more enjoyable than at the time, when everyone was getting worked up over repeat matches and perceived poor booking for the shows after the Tokyo Dome. It also had a few things working against it, namely having to follow Okada vs Naito at WK8 and the unfortunate botch in their encounter at New Beginning, but as a whole it's a great story of Nakamura striving to get his belt back. The matches at New Beginning and Invasion Attack are hard to separate, the first has the aforementioned botch when Shinsuke's excellent limb work culminates in him messing up the flying cross-armbreaker, but Tanahashi smartly takes things home immediately after so it doesn't feel too egregious of a botch. The Invasion Attack match doesn't get as much reaction for the big near-falls, as the crowd freaked the fuck out when Shinsuke kicked out of the High Fly Flow at New Beginning, but the finishing stretch is amazing and it's a great end to a great set of matches.

Random gif of Nakamura hitting the reverse powerslam, because I absolutely love Tanahashi's sell;

scNlsTA.gif

0098_yij1t.gif

I'll temporarily cut my retirement short to express my condolences in losing our very own captain, Joeki11a.

He truly opened our eyes, and guided us from being worked into a shoot many times. The fact that the carny fuck known as Phil was in actuality a frail bleached crybaby would've alluded us otherwise.

You will be missed, friend.

Why would someone call a loss a "job" in a legitimate sporting contest, bean? Plz explain.
Because it's the least desirable role of the two possible outcomes and feels the most like work, I'd imagine. I'm not saying Raw has legitimate sporting contests, the outcomes are predetermined, but there are much more variables outside of the show runner's control as compared to LU. Therefore, it's realer.

Heel

Based on the amount of people here who think that's the definition of the wrestling term, "burial/buried", I think it's worth noting.

I try not to think too hard about these things, bean breath.

I'm of the belief that this is the last gasp of a dying art form and we're just along for the ride. Everyone, fan and employee alike, has their idea of how to stop the ship from sinking. Meanwhile, we did a synchronized triple gainer over the ship railing, knowing full well that the business has been exposed and that is a hole the hull that cannot be plugged.

You can continue to look for a captain, friends, but bean breath and I have reached the island.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I'm of the belief that this is the last gasp of a dying art form and we're just along for the ride. Everyone, fan and employee alike, has their idea of how to stop the ship from sinking. Meanwhile, we did a synchronized triple gainer over the ship railing, knowing full well that the business has been exposed and that is a hole the hull that cannot be plugged.

You can continue to look for a captain, friends, but bean breath and I have reached the island.

I think you meant to post this in the MMA thread.

Re-watched some stuff to see if I can decide on a match of the year - Naito vs Okada from the Dome was excellent, definitely the best match at WK8 and it really should have been the main event but for the poor build-up Naito had going in. As great as Okada is he's also very well protected and Naito deserves a lot of credit for breaking him out of his usual match formula. I enjoyed how well the match played on Okada's arrogant character, Naito one-upping Okada until he snapped and lost his cool, then in turn Okada did a great job selling the danger as Naito took advantage and almost had the match won. The key to the finish was Naito's Rainmaker reversal into his Pluma Blanca submission - Naito had great success with the submission in the G1 tournament and debuted the Rainmaker counter at the last Road to Tokyo Dome show before WK8, but this time Okada had it scouted so Naito had to resort to the Stardust Press, which he promptly missed, got tombstoned and ate a Rainmaker to finish the match. This one is certainly going to be up there with the best of the year, I feel.

Also watched the Tanahashi vs Nakamura trilogy of IC title matches - viewed on its own I found it more enjoyable than at the time, when everyone was getting worked up over repeat matches and perceived poor booking for the shows after the Tokyo Dome. It also had a few things working against it, namely having to follow Okada vs Naito at WK8 and the unfortunate botch in their encounter at New Beginning, but as a whole it's a great story of Nakamura striving to get his belt back. The matches at New Beginning and Invasion Attack are hard to separate, the first has the aforementioned botch when Shinsuke's excellent limb work culminates in him messing up the flying cross-armbreaker, but Tanahashi smartly takes things home immediately after so it doesn't feel too egregious of a botch. The Invasion Attack match doesn't get as much reaction for the big near-falls, as the crowd freaked the fuck out when Shinsuke kicked out of the High Fly Flow at New Beginning, but the finishing stretch is amazing and it's a great end to a great set of matches.

Random gif of Nakamura hitting the reverse powerslam, because I absolutely love Tanahashi's sell;

scNlsTA.gif

This post pretty much sums up why NJPW is my Promotion of the Year, in a slam dunk.

You don't need to speak one word of Japanese, and there are complete storylines you can follow, just based off moves and finishes, culminating to rematches where those moves and finishes are revisited and may be countered. Ultimately, the "physical chess game" matters.

This is nothing new in Puro, but some years and some performers have been more effective than others at making it happen. This year was one of those years when it really worked really well. And when that happens, nothing can touch this product.

Because it's the least desirable role of the two possible outcomes and feels the most like work, I'd imagine. I'm not saying Raw has legitimate sporting contests, the outcomes are predetermined, but there are much more variables outside of the show runner's control as compared to LU. Therefore, it's realer.

Raven_WhatAMark.gif

Maybe we just worked you depressing fucks and convinced you the boat was sinking to get you to leave, because you were harshing our buzz. Enjoy kicking rocks over for clams... We are going to be cruising around the harbor having a Superkick Party.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

ih00WpLfhjTBv.gif

Oh jesus so this is what happens when PSN
Destiny
is down for Heel.

tldr of Book's post:

Naito would be champion if he wasn't a fucking bellend and shown off his fancy new counter the show before the Dome

Dave Meltzer has got his loyal followers here convinced that they can breathe under water, all for only $10 a month.

Top Bottom