• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
Excuse me, but there's only one man who is Ready To Rumble.

6292386_std.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Watching Flair and Hogan have a contract signing, with Flair in a fine tailored suit and Hogan across the table in merch on merch... are we really surprised by the wardrobe of Jonathan Cena?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"When we get ya in the ring, I ain’t goin’ out to hurt ya. I’m goin’ out to cripple ya."

Kerry Von Erich is like the most hardcore white-meat babyface ever.
Watching Flair and Hogan have a contract signing, with Flair in a fine tailored suit and Hogan across the table in merch on merch... are we really surprised by the wardrobe of Jonathan Cena?
No, but it was fine with Hogan because he was all about his Hulkamaniacs and he appealed strictly to that demo of younger kids. Older fans had their own favorites. The problem in modern WWE is EVERYONE wears their merch and only their merch.

Carnby

Let's look at the bright side of Roman's forced push, new feuds for the title. Dean, Seth, Bray, Bryan, and others will get title shots. Right?

Reality: Extreme Rules 2015: Roman vs. weeeeeeellllll

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When you watch Virgil come out of this match at Summerslam 1991, you really get the feeling that he thinks this is his big break. That he's gonna be a main eventer. He looks so excited and so ready for his push and
UxZg4m5.gif

Alucard

Banned
So, I'm having trouble finding ROH The Era of Honor Begins (first ROH show) online. I've tried looking for the DVD on amazon.com, but the shipping to Canada is ridiculous, and the prices are just plain stupid on amazon.ca. Anyone help me out with an alternative?

Dante

The Cesaro/Kidd vs. Los Matadores match on Superstars was awesome!! It's a shame these guys will never end up on Raw.

Alucard

Banned
When you watch Virgil come out of this match at Summerslam 1991, you really get the feeling that he thinks this is his big break. That he's gonna be a main eventer. He looks so excited and so ready for his push and
UxZg4m5.gif

Either Hogan legit didn't see him, or he's just a colossal dick.

My money's on Hogan being a colossal dick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hogan saw him. He saw he's Virgil and was like 'lol no brother'

2sweeting Virgil is like 2sweeting a Bullet Club member. Brings down your status.

Alucard

Banned
I'm totally willing to give Roman Reigns a chance. He gets a very good reaction from live crowds, and if he can show a bit more confidence and naturalism (?) when speaking, he could be a pretty cool babyface.

I don't care much anymore, so long as Bryan/Lesnar is not a possibility. Give him the Rumble. Give him Lesnar. Give him the title. Maybe he'll pull talent out of his ass and be great. If not him failing might be more enjoyable than anything else they could do anyway.

Raw64life

Just came back from the MSG show. Basically a lot like last week's Raw, but with a much better crowd. A lot more kids than I expected, including two annoying Cena kids seated next to me in the suite I was in. He's never turning heel. There were also two middle aged black women in the suite next to me that were all about Luke Harper. Time to give him a playboy gimmick.

Cena, Orton, Rollins and Ziggler got the best reactions. Ziggler/Harper and Zayn/Neville were the two matches that stood out. Paige in person = lawd. Easily got the best Diva reaction even though she was just guest referee.

And no, Rybaxel did not shake hands at any point.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, I'm really bummed that we'll likely never get a proper Bryan vs. Brock match. :( Could have been so damn good. Bryan feels like he could legit beat anyone on any night. But not anymore. :(

Cool to see the Higher Power reveal Raw on the Network. I still can't believe I guessed that right just by seeing that the Higher Power was a couple of inches taller than Shane and using a picture of the two in the WWE Magazine to come to that conclusion.

Nowadays we could guess it because the product is that predictable.

Also like the clip of the Corporate Rumble (although why not the full episode there?). Brings back memories of coming home from playing in a junior high basketball game that night, turning on Raw and literally seeing the final minute and wondering what the living hell was going on. And man did Vince take a nasty bump on that spill over the top rope. Popped his head good after he caught under the bottom rope and it snapped back and smacked the ring.

I miss the endings of Raws with JR/Lawler/Cole yelling and screaming their lungs out while the crowd was going nuts, to the sterile endings of everyone making mean faces at each other while Cole wishes us a good night and the crowd is crawling over each other to leave.

The Shield music illicits a Pavlovian pop, but yeah his comebacks get pops too. I don't ever see him reaching Cena levels though. I'm sure he's got the Orton spot locked up though. Maybe Sheamus if he really fucks up.

Top Bottom