• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMczaf

tumblr_nh7gy46urS1qzvyzxo1_1280.jpg

This is nothing new in Puro, but some years and some performers have been more effective than others at making it happen. This year was one of those years when it really worked really well. And when that happens, nothing can touch this product.

Hit the nail on the head there, when everything clicks as it is doing so now, the New Japan product's near impossible to beat in my estimation (although Dragon Gate had a good stab at it this year, but I generally prefer the NJPW singles match style). When you've got such high quality performers it's wonderful to see the kind of nuance they can add to a match when they're allowed to tell their story mostly in the ring, rather than mostly out of it.

Naito would be champion if he wasn't a fucking bellend and shown off his fancy new counter the show before the Dome

It was a freaking awesome counter as well, dude had clearly been watching some Volk Han tapes.

Heel

I think "Does pro wrestling die with Vince McMahon?" should replace "Are you a Daniel Bryan fan?" as the new WrassleGAF litmus test.

Where do you stand, friends? From my view, Triple H has done nothing but cater to a tiny sliver of the WWE Universe and will ultimately become the steward of its certain demise.

Why'd you have to start this, Data?

wiYe0qe.jpg

People on twitter bitching about Striker mispronouncing names, pretty funny. Not sure why it's a big deal, I'm sure JR's going to get a few wrong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Boootaaay, you should watch that Gordy/Tenryu match I posted on the last page. Tenryu gets run through like he were John Cena wrestling Bork.

Boootaaay, you should watch that Gordy/Tenryu match I posted on the last page. Tenryu gets run through like he were John Cena wrestling Bork.

Who's the goober getting powerbombed at the start? Cagematch says Shane Douglas & Todd Champion were Gordy's partners for that tour, so I'm going to assume it was Douglas because fuck Shane Douglas.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who's the goober getting powerbombed at the start? Cagematch says Shane Douglas & Todd Champion were Gordy's partners for that tour, so I'm going to assume it was Douglas because fuck Shane Douglas.

Todd Champion is the same height as Gordy and Gordy bends down to get to eye level with him, so it's probably Shane.
18.jpg

I find it inspiring that DMczaf was so moved by John Cena's debut that he was compelled at that moment to make an account and post about wrestling online and vowed only to stop when Cena hangs up his boots.

Yeah, that match was pretty fun. Gordy looked like such a beast back than, it's almost scary how easily he picked up Tenryu for that bodyslam. Tenryu's offence was a bit hit and miss, the enziguri either looks great or looks terrible, the crowd were super hot for his comeback though. 80's AJPW crowds were just awesome.

FohQ3by.gif

YV39SrH.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A lot of shoots about Terry said he was light as a feather to work with. That you knew you were completely safe if he took you in for a match and he could guide you through the whole thing. Which is cool because I imagine you'd much rather get stuck with Terry than Stan or Vader or any of those guys that might break your nose.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bruiser Brody vs Kamala (Texas Lumberjack Death Match)

Not a traditional(if there is such a thing) Death Match, not a great match either, but it's a great spectacle. Kamala is one of those dudes that I kind of feel bad for when people today look back at him because he's not that big, he's not that scary looking just by looking at him, so people don't get why he was so terrifying. But when people thought wrestling was real, Kamala seemed like one of the scariest dudes ever. He was gonna eat you, mother fucker.

And the Ugandan Giant is a great nickname.

Alucard

Banned
Gimmick posting overload over the past 2 pages of this thread. Goddamn.

What is everyone's personal wrestling challenge for 2015?

I'm going to watch every ROH show from 2002 until the present. Going to have to hit up some torrents in addition to the rohwrestling.com VOD section to make this happen, though.

Wrestling goals for 2015:
-I'm going to watch Wrestle Kingdom 9. I have no idea how NJPW does their shows but if I like it I will try my best to keep up with that.

-See how the Rumble goes. If things aren't looking too good, back to not watching WWE, though I'm sure I'll check out Mania regardless.

-Watch older shit.

Cagey

Banned

I'm going to watch every ROH show from 2002 until the present. Going to have to hit up some torrents in addition to the rohwrestling.com VOD section to make this happen, though.
Watch a full three hour episode of Raw without ever touching the fast forward button.

It's been a long time.

watch more njpw and maybe see some live wrestling

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My wrestling goal is to stop shitting on everything so much. Can't promise I'll stick with it. This excludes WWE because to shit on it, I would have to talk about it, and I don't do that already so that'll stay the same.
World War 3 was terrible.

But War Games, War Games was something else entirely. Something amazing.

War Games could never have that sweet Mysterio/Ultimo spot.

good luck

XenoRaven

my goal is to stop watching raw
The easiest way to quit watching RAW is to realize that your favorite wrestlers will never get the payoff you want them to get and that they are just there as a carrot to be dangled in front of you to keep you tuning in every week.

Think about Lost except for instead of a polar bear and a smoke monster it's Dean Ambrose's career.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Every 4, January event at the Tokyo Dome. From Super Warriors in Tokyo Dome to Wrestle Kingdom 9.

Yeah, that match was pretty fun. Gordy looked like such a beast back than, it's almost scary how easily he picked up Tenryu for that bodyslam. Tenryu's offence was a bit hit and miss, the enziguri either looks great or looks terrible, the crowd were super hot for his comeback though. 80's AJPW crowds were just awesome.

FohQ3by.gif

YV39SrH.gif

That match is fun, but it really pales in comparison to the SWANK BOSS SUPERHOSS tag match they had about six weeks prior to this one, adding Kawada and Hansen in the mix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gu72Ireiwg

That right there is about as hot as it gets for late-80s tag wrassles. Tenryu looks a lot sharper and just tough as nails. Hansen just molesting poor baby Kawada on the outside. The smashing double-teams. Everybody being a complete tough bastard. Kawada firing up. The crowd...so hot. That lariatooooooo. (Actually like three different ones.) Just damn fine wrestling.

Top Bottom