• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

strobogo

Banned
I can 100% see Vince get desperate and allow Brock a dual contract with WWE/Bellator and have him work even fewer dates for more money.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Chono interview in English Covers a lot of stuff like his wrestling, his family, his marriage in particular, his work outside of wrestling, early 80s/90s NJPW booking, touring Europe. Good Guy Chono.
ObGEcLM.jpg

MC Safety

I just rewatched "Wrestling With Shadows," the Bret Hart documentary.

At one point, Hart is interviewed and he's wearing a white T-shirt with Nathan Bedford Forrest on it. I'd missed this on my first viewing.

Hart doesn't seem the type, so I imagine he had no idea who was on his shirt. But that doesn't sound right, either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

At one point, Hart is interviewed and he's wearing a white T-shirt with Nathan Bedford Forrest on it. I'd missed this on my first viewing.

Hart doesn't seem the type, so I imagine he had no idea who was on his shirt. But that doesn't sound right, either.

My mother is American. My uncle was a three-star general in the U.S. Army and my family's U.S. military lineage can be traced all the way back to Civil War general Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Didn't Forrest leave the KKK at some point?

They could at least try to make it less obvious that Reigns is going to come in first, last two hours (NEW RECORD) eliminate 20 guys and then win

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Chono takes 5 half nelson release suplexes at the end. I wouldn't even take one half nelson release suplex. Then 2 burning lariats.

And Tenzan plays the part of THROW IN THE DAMN TOWEL

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

007 Moonraker (1979)

It's pretty dope. The plot is pretty wacky. Evil dude Drax has a god complex and decides he's going to set up a space station and create a perfect race of humans, which will then repopulate the world with after he kills off a huge chunk of humanity with a weaponized flower that allegedly killed off the Aztecs. Still, I bought it. I don't think anything can phase me with a Bond movie after Live and Let Die. I enjoyed it. Space battles and sky diving and hang gliding and hot Brazilians.

eeeek.gif

Jaws is rad, as is his weird relationship with Bond. I recommend this movie.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

007 Moonraker (1979)

It's pretty dope. The plot is pretty wacky. Evil dude Drax has a god complex and decides he's going to set up a space station and create a perfect race of humans, which will then repopulate the world with after he kills off a huge chunk of humanity with a weaponized flower that allegedly killed off the Aztecs. Still, I bought it. I don't think anything can phase me with a Bond movie after Live and Let Die. I enjoyed it. Space battles and sky diving and hang gliding and hot Brazilians.

eeeek.gif

Jaws is rad, as is his weird relationship with Bond. I recommend this movie.
Funny enough, I just got the Bond 50 BD set for Christmas. My father doesn't seem to be a fan of any of the Roger Moore movies, though.

"As good as everyone says bryan danielson is, tna has at least ten guys better. evrybody puts over these roh matches like they're the greatest thing ever, but if you put aj and christian cage against the motor city machine guns for 25 minutes, and told them that you needed at least four stars, i'd bet my life that it would be better than anything roh has ever put out. once guys like aj and the mcmg's got out of roh, look how much better they got."

- Disco Inferno

I've been well aware of Disco's momentary lapse of reason and forgave him quickly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Chono took so much offence in that match, but he just kept kicking out, more out of pride than any real chance he was going to comeback and win the match I felt.

"Stop, Kobashi, stop! He's already dead!".

dISLoy5.jpg

Itami will never be able to make this face at The Ascension after pounding them into the dirt for 5 minutes solid.
SpCbD2C.jpg

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Roger Moore is dog shit

Craig>Dalton>Connery>Brosnan>Lazenby>Moore

Lazenby only having one film puts him low on the list, he was a bit stiff during OHMSS but he was serviceable for the most part. Moore is fucking 46 when he starts as Bond and looks about 242 during A View To A Kill.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Roger Moore is dog shit

Craig>Dalton>Connery>Brosnan>Lazenby>Moore

Lazenby only having one film puts him low on the list, he was a bit stiff during OHMSS but he was serviceable for the most part. Moore is fucking 46 when he starts as Bond and looks about 242 during A View To A Kill.
Ehhh, Brosnan has the handicap of staring in mostly crap Bond movies. I'd put him a bit higher.

strobogo

Banned
Funny enough, I just got the Bond 50 BD set for Christmas. My father doesn't seem to be a fan of any of the Roger Moore movies, though.

I mean, they're different Bonds entirely. Moore movies are ridiculous and WAY over the top, whereas most of Connery's are just pretty over the top. I don't like how often Connery's Bond straight forces himself on women folk. I like Moore's more gentlemanly approach and general tongue in cheek performances. I enjoy both. I enjoyed Dalton in The Living Daylights, but didn't like the movie. I have License to Kill and I'm excited to watch that. I also have all four Pierce BronsonLee era movies on me, but I don't really remember any of them besides Goldeneye and the one with the invisible boat.

Nerdkiller

Membeur

I mean, they're different Bonds entirely. Moore movies are ridiculous and WAY over the top, whereas most of Connery's are just pretty over the top. I don't like how often Connery's Bond straight forces himself on women folk. I like Moore's more gentlemanly approach and general tongue in cheek performances. I enjoy both. I enjoyed Dalton in The Living Daylights, but didn't like the movie. I have License to Kill and I'm excited to watch that. I also have all four Pierce BronsonLee era movies on me, but I don't really remember any of them besides Goldeneye and the one with the invisible boat.
You really should. After all, what other movies have you seen where a lorry pops a wheelie?

images

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE needs a Dump type
dfgfdfjs28.jpg

They've had the same female heel archetypes since the 90s. Though to be fair, Dump's top 10 heels of the 80s, regardless of gender. So good luck with matching that. She's incredible to watch draw the passion out of a crowd. I think she's the wrestler I've learned and appreciated the most in 2014. One of the best examples of ' I can tell the entire story in the ring' wrestlers I've ever seen.

Heel

Oh don't be, friend.

Rape analogies, pistol executions "MS should help Sony with this" and paranoia.

Incredibly amusing to watch unfold.

Arguing about the difference between 4 calendar days and 3 full days. Yep.

If only Joeki11a was around to restore order. Stay up, Joeki11a.

Marvel

could never
Always thought Havoc was a nice size for a larger build in the women's division. Shame she's garbage.

I liked Kong and her moveset and all, but damn there's only so many count outs and ring post spots you can do with a woman of that size and strength up against what the E offers lol.

Arguing about the difference between 4 calendar days and 3 full days. Yep.

And that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Always thought Havoc was a nice size for a larger build in the women's division. Shame she's garbage.

I liked Kong and her moveset and all, but damn there's only so many count outs and ring post spots you can do with a woman of that size and strength up against what the E offers lol.

The problem is also that Dump had a lot of white-bread babyfaces to work against in AJW/JAWP since that was what most female joshi faces were. And she was such a good heel that it made it work well in contrast. The only 'face' divas I could see getting over in an angle by constantly getting the tar beat out of them would be like Bayley.
sadsadwhsg5.jpg

No one gives a shit if someone would start choking Brie with a kendo stick

Marvel

could never
The problem is also that Dump had a lot of white-bread babyfaces to work against in AJW/JAWP since that was what most female joshi faces were. And she was such a good heel that it made it work well in contrast. The only 'face' divas I could see getting over in an angle by constantly getting the tar beat out of them would be like Bayley.
sadsadwhsg5.jpg

No one gives a shit if someone would start choking Brie with a kendo stick

Well maybe Bryan... sorta. I mean she does have kind an annoying voice now that I think about it.

I haven't seen a lot of Dump's work but what you say of her being a great Heel makes perfect sense if she only had that to work with.

Top Bottom