• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
You ever see Blind Woman's Curse, Data? Got in on blu-ray a few months back, so goddamn stylish;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QvIOyPmb2A

Anything samurai/mobster related from 70's Japan is automatically awesome.

Awful place. England's good for the countryside and the big cities, everything else is a hell-hole of urban sprawl and depressing suburbia.

I'll always miss Manchester. I lived there for about five years between uni and subsequently moving back their to work before I emigrated here to Massachusetts. Great cinemas. Great places to eat. Great public transport. So many venues to go watch bands of all sizes play.

And I like rain.

Derby, where I grew up... is okay. Sort of nice in that you can get out into the country side really easily. Decent restaurants. Terrible for live events though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, I've seen it once. Probably one I should rewatch again, but there's so many 70s Japanese cinema films that are considered best in their genre for that era that it's hard to justify rewatches unless it's semi-shlocky stuff like Sex and Fury
tumblr_lmeotyIyr81qzfpk2o1_1280.jpg

The Wolves is great too

Marvel

could never
Didn't he give it a ringing endorsement...and then immediately attack Simon and beat him up?

YOU'RE A DICK, BATISTA

He did, but I do not think it was from a place of malice. The simon system amps you up like a motherfucker.

Hazard of the job I guess.

somedevil

Question for those who are going to watch the New Japan pay per view? Live, during the day or at the replay at 7pm on Sunday?

Cause when the thread opens up how are we going to handle spoilers? Is free reign or are people going to have to spoiler the results for those who what till the Sunday at 7pm replay?

Hasney

Question for those who are going to watch the New Japan pay per view? Live, during the day or at the replay at 7pm on Sunday?

Cause when the thread opens up how are we going to handle spoilers? Is free reign or are people going to have to spoiler the results for those who what till the Sunday at 7pm replay?

I wont be in here after its been shown until I've seen it. I'd implore everyone else to the same.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just watched Sasaki vs Onita and Sasaki vs Hashimoto
tumblr_ngiyklqCou1sbqspto3_r1_400.gif

Two of the stiffest matches I've seen in recent memory.

Check both of them out, I provided the NJPW World links. They're two very different match types.

NJPW World has got to be my favorite 'wrestling moment' of the year, it's given me so much wrestling to watch. So much obscure Japanese stuff. I'd never say 'I hope AJPW falls through so I can get AJPW's catalog' in there.. but y'know. I'd LOVE to have their Joshi stuff on there. Bull gifs for days.

XenoRaven

Uhhh...why are we talking about how allegedly bland British food is?
Because this is a wrestling thread, and sometimes wrestlers travel to the UK and they need to eat when they're there, thereby making the alleged blandness of British food a perfectly acceptable topic of conversation.

Hasney

Yo, we talking good food again? Had a fry up every day this week from my mum. Egg, toast, potato cakes, hash browns, black pudding, sausage, bacon, mushroom, tomato and beans. So fucking good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Onita fireballs Sasaki to get DQd, puts his jacket on and leaves, falling down when exiting the ramp and getting trash thrown at him.

I wonder if Nakamura channels Onita's heel work because it sure seems like it.

What does everyone want to see as the actually plausible main event of Mania XXXI?

1. Bryan/Lesnar obvs obvs

But what else? Shoot up a fave five if you can even think concoct likely scenarios:

2. Rollins/Ambrose
3. Shield Triple Threat
4. Ziggler/Lesnar
5. Orton/Lesnar, I guess.

Last two I'm not real eager to see but oh well.

Watching random crap from the late 90's and its fun to see Vince clearly seeing MMA as completion and trying to counter by introducing shitty MMA gimmicks when MMA was just a fringe thing but now that MMA is a worldwide industry with millions of fans and a legit business that isnt going away its not completion?

I am not saying they need another Lion's Den match......
THEY SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT! We havent had a new shitty cage gimmick in years.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watching random crap from the late 90's and its fun to see Vince clearly seeing MMA as completion and trying to counter by introducing shitty MMA gimmicks when MMA was just a fringe thing but now that MMA is a worldwide industry with millions of fans and a legit business that isnt going away its not completion?

I am not saying they need another Lion's Den match......
THEY SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT! We havent had a new shitty cage gimmick in years.

He didn't actually see them as competition at the time...because they weren't. A possible investment maybe.

Remember that until a little after the turn of the century UFC and the greater MMA world was either treated as a freakshow or worse, a blood sport banned in many states.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Steiners Bros match was incredible. It's 2014, and I still think the best tag matches of all time are from a tag team in the 90s. So much going on, so much excitement. Dudes can work with anybody.

Top Bottom