• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On the Hitari express to Final Gate! Who's watching it? I'll be part of a five gaijin crew in the front row.

Gonna try to talk my buddy into it but it's probably not happening. :( Enjoy!

Gonzalez

Banned
Someone call the police
ricknowksre.gif
*sigh* I miss you politically incorrect/Pro-Bullying 1990's.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Scott Norton is literally built like a tank in 1995
WKsiKsC.jpg

Norton vs Hawk. This match probably won't be that good, but it'll be two fucking hosses swinging fists, and that's all I want sometimes.

Scott Norton is literally built like a tank in 1995
WKsiKsC.jpg

Norton vs Hawk. This match probably won't be that good, but it'll be two fucking hosses swinging fists, and that's all I want sometimes.

I was a big Scott Norton fan back in the day, can't really explain why considering when I watched it WCW last year he didn't really do anything. Just turned up shoulder breaker'd a few people and left.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was a big Scott Norton fan back in the day, can't really explain why considering when I watched it WCW last year he didn't really do anything. Just turned up shoulder breaker'd a few people and left.

Probably because he can catch big motherfuckers like Hawk without even stumbling
nortoncatch9ysy0.gif

Even Earthquake stumbled when he caught Hawk. Rusev and Langston need to start being able to do stuff like that.

strobogo

Banned
I just got back from The Gambler. It's actually not bad at all. Having just recently seen the original, it's still pretty fresh in my mind. Marky Mark was good, as was John Goodman. Everyone else is kind of whatever, but those two brought it. It's basically the same events, just in a different order. As far as "Why are they remaking this" movies go, it's pretty enjoyable.

The bigger and far more awkward story was that I ended up driving my friend to her boyfriend's house, where she broke up with him. And then had to take her back to her house. So I'm sure this dude probably thinks I had something to do with it. I did not and would not have been the one to take her there had I known that's what was going to happen.

QQfFyoe.png

YOU TELL EM

Cesaro's suiciding by cop. Balls of steel right there.

cesarodance.gif

I believe I heard something about HHH trying to give the locker room a speech and it backfiring spectacularly. Assuming it's true, would that probably be due to the guys who didn't get buried by Vinnie also happening to be Haitch's guys?

I just got back from The Gambler. It's actually not bad at all. Having just recently seen the original, it's still pretty fresh in my mind. Marky Mark was good, as was John Goodman. Everyone else is kind of whatever, but those two brought it. It's basically the same events, just in a different order. As far as "Why are they remaking this" movies go, it's pretty enjoyable.

The bigger and far more awkward story was that I ended up driving my friend to her boyfriend's house, where she broke up with him. And then had to take her back to her house. So I'm sure this dude probably thinks I had something to do with it. I did not and would not have been the one to take her there had I known that's what was going to happen.
You're the Hogan to his Savage. Do you know this dude other than being your friend's boyfriend?

strobogo

Banned
You're the Hogan to his Savage. Do you know this dude other than being your friend's boyfriend?

I knew him from school. 10 years ago. I knew that he was her boyfriend, because I've also been friends with her for 10 years and we go to movies all the time, but I wasn't aware she was having me drop her off at her boyfriend's house. I had nothing to do with it, breh. Don't put that shit on me. I ain't no hot dogging hot dog. I have no lust in my eyes.

I knew him from school. 10 years ago. I knew that he was her boyfriend, because I've also been friends with her for 10 years and we go to movies all the time, but I wasn't aware she was having me drop her off at her boyfriend's house. I had nothing to do with it, breh. Don't put that shit on me. I ain't no hot dogging hot dog. I have no lust in my eyes.

Q7kb.gif

Hasney

She probably wasn't planning to break up with him, but a movie with stro clearly made her think she can do better. I'm sure that's his effect on most women.

EDIT: That was before the post of knowing her for 10 years and going to movies all time. Dammit.

strobogo

Banned
Intended or not she definitely made him feel like a cuckold by going to a movie with another guy.

I don't think it was intentional because we've been going to movies before they were ever dating. Although she broke up with a boyfriend right as we started going to movies. And I mentioned how weird it was that she was going to movies with a dude not her boyfriend regularly. But I ain't involved in this business. This had nothing to do with me. I won't take the blame.

strobogo

Banned
She probably wasn't planning to break up with him, but a movie with stro clearly made her think she can do better. I'm sure that's his effect on most women.

EDIT: That was before the post of knowing her for 10 years and going to movies all time. Dammit.

I'm a 6/10 at best when I'm in shape and my hair wasn't falling out. Right now I'm bald, fat, and a drunk. That shouldn't make anyone think they can do better unless they have a really shitty boyfriend. I have never had a discussion with any of my female friends about their boyfriends. I'm not that kind of guy. Unless they're getting beaten up or something. That shit ain't none of my business.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did it suck as much in Japan as it did in the US? Because those two had a garbage match in WCW.

It's ok. Green pants Chono uses way too many boring rest holds with no interesting transitions, and the parts where the match is best is when Rude is in control. Which I don't think is often enough given he's the heel and Chono is the babyface.

I just find pre-NWO/2000 Chono very boring. All this puro is gonna make me turn on KoC 2.

strobogo

Banned
Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew has a new member: stro

But I'm not in Minnesota. I'm like 10 hours away from Minneapolis.

It's ok. Green pants Chono uses way too many boring rest holds with no interesting transitions, and the parts where the match is best is when Rude is in control. Which I don't think is often enough given he's the heel and Chono is the babyface.

I just find pre-NWO/2000 Chono very boring. All this puro is gonna make me turn on KoC 2.

That Mutoh/Chono G1 match from I think 1991 is fucking rad, but I other wise agree without about Chono. He was the least of the Three Musketeers and I didn't understand why it seemed like was pushed the hardest.

I was watching the buildup to Hogan vs. Warrior and, again, I saw how nobody could side with Hogan.

In the Saturday Night's Main Event tag match, Warrior & Hogan teamed up to face Mr. Perfect & The Genius. Warrior was getting double-teamed constantly by them but was taking them down. It was one of those things where Perfect ran at him, then Genius ran at him, and they repeated it about twice. Then suddenly Hogan just runs up behind him exactly like they did and grabs his arm and Warrior clotheslines Hogan out of impulse. It was clearly an accident and Warrior even tried to help the guy up. Then Hogan gets up and acts like a huge fucking baby about it while Ventura, again, rightfully calls out Hogan for being an unreasonable meathead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm an unapologetic Hogan fan, and I don't know how anyone can like him as a face post Orndorff feud. Maybe the Earthquake feud because Earthquake was booked so strongly and nearly took him out, but that's it. And even after that, Earthquake was super over as a face because Hogan was such a dick that clearly the fans didn't mind that much that Quake nearly crippled him. Andre just wanted a title shot, and you never gave it to him ya asshole. Your best buddy, the man who put you on the map, and you couldn't give him a title shot.

FUNB Hogan is better than face Hogan pre-NWO. 2002 Hogan is better than face Hogan pre-NWO. IN REAL LIFE HOGAN IS BETTER THAN FACE HOGAN PRE-NWO.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What are the top five Hogan matches?

FUNB Hogan is better than face Hogan pre-NWO. 2002 Hogan is better than face Hogan pre-NWO. IN REAL LIFE HOGAN IS BETTER THAN FACE HOGAN PRE-NWO.
What are the top five Hogan matches?

Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior (Wrestlemania 6)
Hulk Hogan vs Paul Orndorff in a Steel Cage (SNME) this one's only a clip. The full match seems to be gone from youtube. If you can find it, I highly recommend checking it out. Orndorff and Hogan work real well with each other.
Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant (NJPW IWGP League)
Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs Bret Hart (WCW Nitro 1998) A lot of people give this match shit, and I don't know why. Is Bret leading the whole thing? Probably. Is it the most technical match or even more 'big pops' match? Probably not. But I love it. I love it for the same reason I love Shibata vs Tanahashi. You can just feel the hatred between the two, but they don't let it get enough in the way to ruin the match. It was also one of the last 'big matches of the 90s' that hadn't been done yet, and it was something people had wanted since 93.
Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon(Wrestlemania XIX) Love this match. I was so excited about the buildup for this match. The 'I could do this with anyone, Hulk' angle, the grumpy old dudes finally punching each other, Vince being a piece of shit, Hogan being INSANELY over in 2003 all things considered. It's not the most competitive, and it's a few years too late, but it's entertaining as hell. I think it's Vince's second best feud after Austin.

These are Hogan matches so keep in mind I'm judging them as Hogan matches, not like you would judge a Bret Hart match.
Sick avatar Datazord

thanks friend

Hogan/Warrior main event might be my favorite Wrestlemania main event ever. I was a little sick of Hogan by that time and was a huge ass Warrior mark.

strobogo

Banned
Hogan/Warrior main event might be my favorite Wrestlemania main event ever. I was a little sick of Hogan by that time and was a huge ass Warrior mark.

Warrior/Hogan, Warrior/Savage, and Rock/Austin at 17 are probably the 3 best laid out WWF main events ever. True Pat Patterson joints.

Top Bottom