• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heel

wbBKLtQ.png

But doesn't that descibe how odd the work culture of the WWE is?

The fact that they so proudly display a sign like this

GeOhdxQ.jpg

Yet have a sport/artform that requires so much trust between performers is insane.

Otherwise you end up with shit like Hogan and Cena never wanting guys over and demanding the spot.

Shit like Hogan grabbing the belt first at Mania 6 and again stealing the spotlight at 9.

You need guys to sell moves and for them to lose in a way that makes somebody else look good.

Otherwise you get shit like this
6GVM52t.gif

Or dudes accidentally on purpose injuring people

Or shit like Nick Patrick not fast counting on the pin at Starcade because Hogan paid him off.

Fox, I love your truth bombs. Keep on preaching.

Now onto HIAC 2012 against Team Rhodes Scholars. God damn, Sandow's old gimmick was great and so was this team. Should have led to a WHC feud.

Fuck Mizdow.

gurudyne

Worse than Amazing Spider-Man 2? Really? I am having trouble picturing a movie that bad that doesn't involve some Videodrome shit.

NXT is an obvious sign that Triple H wants things the way he wants it and there is no politicking out of it. That combined with his supposed reaction at Punk vs Vince's makes it very clear Triple H doesn't want to be challenged. I think he'll still reward guys for going for it even if it's nothing major but it won't mean they're main eventers or anything. Because that's how wrestling works. A look will always be important. Even if Harley Race wasn't an Adonis he had A look, and he also wasn't featured weekly on TV and sold as action figures. People talk about NXT and compare it to early WCW/territories and that's great... If you're one of Hunter's guys. But one thing people forget about that era of wrestling that can be just as bad if not worse than Vince's picking and choosing... Nepotism. WCW back in the day ran on pure nepotism.

Not saying the look isn't important (not as important as some make it out to be, but that's another argument altogether.) You touched on my core argument at the end there--I'm worried Trips will carry some neoptism with him when he's in charge. Not in the old sense of you-scratch-my-back-I'll-push-you, but in a way where he needs to prove himself as manager by pushing the people he managed and never pushing/outright burying any of the people he didn't personally approve of, regardless of their talent or suitability for whatever role (jobber, midcarder, main eventer, etc.) That kind of thing happens in Hollywood all the time when new management/producers come in. The new guy will close as many projects the old guy left open as possible because time and effort spent on something with someone else's name on it doesn't benefit the new guy's reputation at all. It's all short-sighted, wasteful mindsets that benefit practically no one all done in the name of pride and insecurity.

Worse, HHH seems like he'll be a less forgiving manager than Vince, the kind of guy who can really carry a grudge and let it affect the business. Out of touch or no, Vince can bury the hatchet over most things when it comes to making money. I don't think HHH has that kind of pragmatic humility in him.

I've seen a few posts on a few different sites on how the Mizdow/Miz is similar to Team Hell No, in that it's what got Daniel Bryan over to the next level and it will obviously work the same for Mizdow.

That's completely wrong, and this is why: The crowd goes completely dead once Mizdow gets in the ring. They don't give a shit about him, they just want him in the ring instead of Miz. Once Mizdow gets in the ring, nobody gives a shit. Mizdow doesn't necessarily suck, but he is a very average wrestler at best. With Hell No, people got excited once Bryan would get in the ring and would go crazy for his wrestling and spots. Completely opposite reaction compared to Mizdow. When you're most "over" when you're outside the ring, that's a big problem and doesn't signify bigger things are on the horizon.

I'm not saying Mizdow deserves to be buried or what have you, but he's in the perfect spot he's in right now, and probably in the best spot he's going to reach. Some guys shine through in smaller roles, and a comedy tag team seems to be the perfect fit for him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wrestle Kingdom and Jones vs. Cormier in a single weekend, what a way to start the new year! Can't wait.

I'll be heading to my first ever house show this Tuesday at Staples Center in Los Angeles. I'm really excited to go. My fiancé just started getting into wrestling with me. She has been watching raw and the ppvs with me since Hell in a Cell. She caught on quickly with all the Superstars and feuds.

I don't know how reliable the more info is for the house shows but now it shows Dolph Ziggler and Mizdow on the card. Those are her two favorite wrestlers.

DiscoJon

Banned
I'll be heading to my first ever house show this Tuesday at Staples Center in Los Angeles. I'm really excited to go. My fiancé just started getting into wrestling with me. She has been watching raw and the ppvs with me since Hell in a Cell. She caught on quickly with all the Superstars and feuds.

I don't know how reliable the more info is for the house shows but now it shows Dolph Ziggler and Mizdow on the card. Those are her two favorite wrestlers.

Did you buy seats that are right next to each other?

UK PPV prices are rising from £14.99 to £19.99 on Sky for the Royal Rumble and there will be no more 'free' PPVs. Also, doesn't look like NXT will be on Sky any longer. Happy new year, UK WWE fans.

I had no idea Yano has his own bar. That's dope.

They visit it in the second YTR VTR DVD, tiny place but the food looks pretty nice. Yujiro is a good cook.

Incidentally, I love how all the New Japan factions have to travel together, keeping kayfabe alive - CHAOS & Bullet Club get their own coaches, but poor Suzuki-gun have to squish into a mini-van. The faces have their own coach as well, but there's more of them so it's not as spacious as the CHAOS coach looks.

Alucard

Banned
UK PPV prices are rising from £14.99 to £19.99 on Sky for the Royal Rumble and there will be no more 'free' PPVs. Also, doesn't look like NXT will be on Sky any longer. Happy new year, UK WWE fans.

They visit it in the second YTR VTR DVD, tiny place but the food looks pretty nice. Yujiro is a good cook.

Incidentally, I love how all the New Japan factions have to travel together, keeping kayfabe alive - CHAOS & Bullet Club get their own coaches, but poor Suzuki-gun have to squish into a mini-van. The faces have their own coach as well, but there's more of them so it's not as spacious as the CHAOS coach looks.

You've had it too good for too long, Bootaaay. Been paying 34.95 for HD ROH PPVS over here in Canada.

Aiii

So not worth it
He should have told them that before, though. Apparently, guys get to hear and either greenlight or say "no" to a them. That's going by the Bray interview on Austin's podcast. Not sure if everyone gets that luxury?

*shrug* AJ was given her theme song one day "hey, you got a new theme song" even though she didn't like it. So I guess not everyone gets that choice.

You've had it too good for too long, Bootaaay. Been paying 34.95 for HD ROH PPVS over here in Canada.

That £19.99 is on top of a Sky subscription, which start at £16 - so in totality, you're paying £36 to watch WWE PPVs every month, which works out to $56 USD or $65 CAD. Bargin! Or, you could just use a VPN to get the WWE Network for $9.99, which works out to £6.41, and tell Sky to get fucked.

Aiii

So not worth it
That £19.99 is on top of a Sky subscription, which start at £16 - so in totality, you're paying £36 to watch WWE PPVs every month, which works out to $56 USD or $65 CAD. Bargin! Or, you could just use a VPN to get the WWE Network for $9.99, which works out to £6.41, and tell Sky to get fucked.

Hint: Pick option two.

The first annual Fighting Spirit Magazine Top 50 of the year - this is put together with bell-to-bell performances in mind, so promo work and storyline aren't a factor, but neither is it solely about wrestling skill, but also about charisma, presence, engaging with the crowd and the wrestler's body of work throughout 2014;

01. AJ Styles
02. Kazuchika Okada
03. Shinsuke Nakamura
04. Seth Rollins
05. Tomohiro Ishii
06. Ricochet
07. The Young Bucks
08. Sami Zayn
09. Masaaki Mochizuki
10. Akira Tozawa
11. Tetsuya Naito
12. Hiroshi Tanahashi
13. Cesaro
14. Zack Sabre Jr.
15. Kyle O’Reilly
16. Katsuyori Shibata
17. Adam Cole
18. Luke Harper
19. Dean Ambrose
20. T-Hawk
21. The Usos
22. Daisuke Sekimoto
23. Sheamus
24. Tomoaki Honma
25. John Cena
26. El Barbaro Cavernario
27. CIMA
28. Daniel Bryan
29. Adrian Neville
30. Minoru Suzuki
31. Dolph Ziggler
32. Austin Aries
33. Jay Briscoe
34. Kota Ibushi
35. Hirooki Goto
36. Randy Orton
37. KUSHIDA
38. YAMATO
39. Masato Yoshino
40. Johnny Gargano
41. Tommy End
42. Rush
43. Big Daddy Walter
44. Eita
45. Roman Reigns
46. Mark Andrews
47. Rey Hechicero
48. Jun Akiyama
49. Rusev
50. Will Ospreay

Nice to see some BritWres guys included, also, HONMA!! The Usos are probably too high and I'd definitely place YAMATO higher, but unsurprisingly I like this list.

Japanese Wrestling/Wrestlers sure to have a hell of a lot more fun than American ones.

A wild "OPTION 2" chant breaks loose across the areana. "FUCK YOU, MURDOCK. FUCK YOU, MURDOCK!"

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
The first annual Fighting Spirit Magazine Top 50 of the year - this is put together with bell-to-bell performances in mind, so promo work and storyline aren't a factor, but neither is it solely about wrestling skill, but also about charisma, presence, engaging with the crowd and the wrestler's body of work throughout 2014;

04. Seth Rollins

18. Luke Harper

Nice to see some BritWres guys included, also, HONMA!! The Usos are probably too high and I'd definitely place YAMATO higher, but unsurprisingly I like this list.

Seth's been great.

Damn Luke Harper!

Alucard

Banned
ROH ep171 Results and Review: Brian Kendrick vs. Adam Cole, Tag Wars Finale

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-o...am-cole-vs-brian-kendrick-and-tag-wars-finale
redragontagwars.jpg

Featuring:
-Holiday greetings from ROH wrestlers
-Brian Kendrick vs. Adam Cole (good)
-4-way elimination tag for ROH tag titles (very good)

GIFS

Adam Cole says women want more Cole in their stocking
AdamColeChristmas.gif

reDRagon posing while their opponents brawl
reDRagonPose.gif

Very good final show of 2014. Check it out when it's up for free this Friday.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sure, you have a point, but they don't cover wrestling, outside of a couple of Raw reviews. Literally, a couple. So yeah, for some reason they suddenly wrote about wrestling.

Hasney

Sure, you have a point, but they don't cover wrestling, outside of a couple of Raw reviews. Literally, a couple. So yeah, for some reason they suddenly wrote about wrestling.

Ah, OK. Maybe they see it as a significant big deal. I hope it is.

Just watching the 2013 Royal Rumble match
Rumble always reminds me why I love Wrasslin'

I didn't enjoy that one. I think the last one I loved was 2011 due to the ending. Made the taste of that Bo Dallas shit get wiped from my mouth.

I didn't enjoy that one. I think the last one I loved was 2011 due to the ending. Made the taste of that Bo Dallas shit get wiped from my mouth.
I think Bo Dallas was 2012, I remember being gutted that Barrett was eliminated by him.
But yes 2011 was also the last one I truly enjoyed myself, they've been sub par since.

It comes up now and again. Colt's and Stone Cold's podcasts have been on their podcast roundups, and AE Podcast made it into their best ofs this year.

Hasney

I think Bo Dallas was 2012, I remember being gutted that Barrett was eliminated by him.
But yes 2011 was also the last one I truly enjoyed myself, they've been sub par since.

Yeah you're right, because 2011 was the gang warfare thing where Nexus and Corre squared off. I was such a mark for that and was wishing it was leading up to a Wade/Punk match at WM.

I know 38 weeks out of the year Raw is pretty useless but tonight's is extra worthless right?

I'd say 38 is pretty generous, but to your main point: Yes.

Vee_One

Definitely 2013. I was enjoying it till I remember Cena won
Watching TLC match between Shield and Team Hell No / Ryback

chunk3rvd

Just watched all the WK9 hype videos and damn, all that HD footage looks so great blown up on my TV. Makes all the shitty youtube quality matches & shows I've been watching for years look so much worse when I know I could have been seeing shows that look like this. The production is fantastic. How is the NJPW World footage? Does it match up to that stuff? That would definitely sway me on subscribing

Top Bottom