• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sephzilla

20141210_10ways2014_EP_LIGHT-home.jpg

Cover photo for WWE's article on "10 Ways 2014 Changed WWE Forever"

Eeeeeeh

That isn't Sami Zayn.

Man, I remember the high everyone was on after WM30 and it actually felt like change was coming.

Alucard

Banned
Post-Mania 30 was the epitome of optimism. You had Cesaro going places, you had D-Bry winning the title, Undertaker losing to Brock, and you had the old guys celebrating the past while looking towards the future. Seemed like it was going to be a major turning point in WWE history.

Then we got Kane vs. Bryan
We got Cesaro vs...does anyone remember?
We got Brock vanishing
We got Cena doing his usual BS

And then my interest in 2014 WWE vanished.

#RawFree

Post-Mania 30 was the epitome of optimism. You had Cesaro going places, you had D-Bry winning the title, Undertaker losing to Brock, and you had the old guys celebrating the past while looking towards the future. Seemed like it was going to be a major turning point in WWE history.

We got Brock vanishing

#RawFree
Cesaro vs Swagger

RP912

Banned

We got Brock vanishing

#RawFree

It was like WWE actually listened to the fans.....for 4 hours.

Alucard

Banned
Antonio Inoki's going to conquer China and bring peace to India & Pakistan with pro-wrestling. All hail the Inoki Christ.

He announced that IGF will hold a pro-wrestling show on the Indian/Pakistan border in March 2015 to promote peace between the two nations, then announced that IGF have partnered with a Chinese cable company that reaches 400 million homes to produce 'First Pro-Wrestling', the aptly named first ever pro-wrestling company in China. The first FPW shows will be held in summer 2015 and Inoki's opening a dojo in Shanghai to train a group of young Chinese athletes in pro-wrestling.

Sounds pretty rad. I hope it takes off for them. The name is great.

RP912

Banned
i still don't know why Vince wouldn't let Brie join his husband in the ring to celebrate
i guess i'll chalk it up to another Vince-ism

why have a strong wrestlemania moment where his family and wife celebrate a hard fought victory........when you can throw the wife in a story segment with Kane :D ;D ;D

fucking wwe

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Make sure y'all blame vince for all the bad stuff and not the good stuff.

Alucard

Banned
Eric Young's post-Title victory booking was far superior to D-Bry's. TNA's booking was better than the WWE's. Let that sink in.

RP912

Banned
Titanfall should have been multiplat and had moderate hype period. The game itself was godtier but the hypeness surrounding it brought negative attention unfortunately...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince wanted Orton vs. Batista as the main event
Undertaker made the call to lose
Vince didn't see Bryan as a top guy

Wonder who made the Cesaro call.

No doubt Vince made the Cena call.

Are you sure about all this?

RP912

Banned
Make sure y'all blame vince for all the bad stuff and not the good stuff.

Last time I blame him for something good was changing WWECW into NXT to end the madness once and for all.

Eric Young's post-Title victory booking was far superior to D-Bry's. TNA's booking was better than the WWE's. Let that sink in.

If you look past the low tier budget and the shit TNA endured in 2014, they really had a good year wrestling wise. I just wish EC3 would have became champion of some sort. Dude is gold in TNA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought on the Stone Cold podcast with Vince he said Vince made the call but Undertaker was fine with it

It just seems so easy for people to say "Well that bad idea there? Fucking Vince did it." without knowing.

Just so you guys know, I paid for the Sting and Hogan DLC. Kinda disappointed that no one here helped me, after all the times I helped others here. (not specifically this board)

I started my Universe. The game was paperweight since I bought it. My goal is to have the match that Sting and Hogan should have had in 97. Im setting them up for a collision course that will shake the very foundation of the WWE.

Alucard

Banned
Are you sure about all this?

Vince made all the calls.

Tough to swallow, I know.

It just seems so easy for people to say "Well that bad idea there? Fucking Vince did it." without knowing.

I recall Heyman mentioning that it was Taker's call in an interview. I could be wrong based on the reactions here, though.

Props to Vince for all the good stuff, but he made some shitty calls too.

UberTag

We got Brock vanishing

That isn't Sami Zayn.

Man, I remember the high everyone was on after WM30 and it actually felt like change was coming.
Let's look back and see if someone was posting here that wasn't drinking the Kool-Aid and had realistic expectations... oh, look what I found...

Daniel Bryan is the new Rey Mysterio
Isn't Rey how you're supposed to book all midget champions?
I believe I read a book saying that was how you were supposed to book them.
Make them look like losers their entire reign to reinforce how much of a fluke they are.
Team #NO was right all along.

Just so you guys know, I paid for the Sting and Hogan DLC. Kinda disappointed that no one here helped me, after all the times I helped others here. (not specifically this board)

I started my Universe. The game was paperweight since I bought it. My goal is to have the match that Sting and Hogan should have had in 97. Im setting them up for a collision course that will shake the very foundation of the WWE.
I'm hoping you didn't pay more than like 5 bucks, man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Instead of giving Neville a Mighty Mouse gimmick word is WWE is considering Captain UK"

Captain Briton is better, rolls off the tongue. Either way, lol.

If it hides his ears, I guess, I don't know...

I think WWE needs to produce more things about the wrestlers as people - NXT's recent 'recap' episode had a brief 5 minute thing on Neville and where he's from, and why Newcastle is a shitty place full of shitty people, and I really liked that, even though Newcastle is a shitty place full of shitty people.

UberTag

Why not go all the way with Neville and call him "Enhancement Talent" or "Jobber to the Stars" or "Future Endeavored"? Team him up with "Bad News".

At least that would be more honest.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"The Man Who's Going To Take An RKO From Space" basically. That's his future. Not bad though, working with Orton.

Heel

Vince's biggest mistake was betraying his instincts to placate the #HijackRAW movement, who were threatening the family atmosphere of house shows worldwide. The terrorists won that night.

Sephzilla

"Instead of giving Neville a Mighty Mouse gimmick word is WWE is considering Captain UK"

Captain Briton is better, rolls off the tongue. Either way, lol.

How about his gimmick is Adrian Neville - professional wrestler and former NXT Champion

We got Brock vanishing

#RawFree

Taker losing to Brock was a dumb move then and it's still a dumb one now. Sure it played into the "younger talent beating older talent except Cena" mantra of the night, but it was still a bad move.

Top Bottom