• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince's biggest mistake was betraying his instincts to placate the #HijackRAW movement, who were threatening the family atmosphere of house shows worldwide. The terrorists won that night.

Let's look at that manifesto again just to enjoy it
j3pSCBz.jpg

"We do not want to see a HHH vs Bryan match"

Look at you fucking pieces of shit now

Why'd you have to post that cringe-worthy shit? Fucking marks, let's all hijack a show we're still paying for, all the while stuffing our faces with overpriced concessions and buying armfuls of merch! That'll teach 'em!

"The Man Who's Going To Take An RKO From Space" basically. That's his future. Not bad though, working with Orton.

"The Man Who's Going to Take Kofi's spot" is his future, I'd say. He'll maybe get a lukewarm run with the US title, perhaps find success with a random tag team, but ultimately he's going to be there for a) flipping off ladders in the MitB match and b) flipping off of stuff to get back in the Rumble.

Sephzilla

j3pSCBz.jpg

To be fair - Bryan did get into the title match. I think the idea behind that was just that they wanted Bryan going after the belt (which he deserved)

Boring Orton and Shaemus matches do get shit on more frequently now.

Ziggler ended up getting a delayed push at Survivor Series.

#HijackRawSortaWorked

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This chain match is hard to watch. Like Bull seems like a pretty safe worker, but Kandori just seems like a spiteful Mike Awesome unsafe fuck.

UberTag

Make sure y'all blame vince for all the bad stuff and not the good stuff.
I plan to give Vince all sorts of credit for the good stuff when he dies.

"Look at how great the product has gotten since Vince finally kicked the bucket! Dunn got fired. RAW is back down to 2 hours. Balor is world champ. Commentary has improved immeasurably. The WWE is no longer ashamed to be about wrestling while still branching out into other ventures that boast mainstream appeal.

Vince hasn't revolutionized the TV product and made it better to such an extent since the Attitude era. In fact, nobody has made this kind of impact by their presence or absence in decades. Let us all give Vince a standing ovation right now for finally doing the right thing."

Sting came back

Ascension's Raw debut

NXT

Plenty of good stuff
Fuck Old Man Sting. I don't want to see him wrestle.
Fuck The Ascension. Bunch of Demolition goobers.
Fuck NX-... errr, wait. Vince doesn't watch NXT.

What's the rest of the "plenty of good stuff"?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

"Look at how great the product has gotten since Vince finally kicked the bucket! Dunn got fired. RAW is back down to 2 hours. Balor is world champ. Commentary has improved immeasurably. The WWE is no longer ashamed to be about wrestling while still branching out into other ventures that boast mainstream appeal.

Vince hasn't revolutionized the TV product and made it better to such an extent since the Attitude era. In fact, nobody has made this kind of impact by their presence or absence in decades. Let us all give Vince a standing ovation right now for finally doing the right thing."

imToKgjFYf5PH.gif

Ithil

j3pSCBz.jpg

Prove your independence from the WWE's control by FOLLOWING MY SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY AND DON'T YOU DARE DEVIATE, #DAMMIT!

Sephzilla

I really do want the phrase "Sports Entertainment" to die in a fire though. WWE embracing its wrestling roots would be a godsend and I think would overall be better for the product and for the company. Everything about the "sports entertainment" concept is a comically bad attempt to mask the fact that they're a professional wrestling company and act almost ashamed of their heritage.

Fox318

Fuck Old Man Sting. I don't want to see him wrestle.
Fuck The Ascension. Bunch of Demolition goobers.
Fuck NX-... errr, wait. Vince doesn't watch NXT.
What's the rest of the "plenty of good stuff"?
He got Cena on snl.

Remember his pop?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8ogmi_john-cena-on-saturday-night-live_sport

skip to 1:25

Truly a star

RP912

Banned
The jokes on those hijack raw marks...the triple h/bryne match was one of the best matches of 2014. Trips entered the ECW arena and locked himself in Tazz's locker to find his inner indy wrestler.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really do want the phrase "Sports Entertainment" to die in a fire though. WWE embracing its wrestling roots would be a godsend and I think would overall be better for the product and for the company. Everything about the "sports entertainment" concept is a comically bad attempt to mask the fact that they're a professional wrestling company and act almost ashamed of their heritage.

80s WWF is even more sports entertainment-y than the current product. Just watch Tuesday Night Titans on the WWE Network!

Sephzilla

For all of the shit it gets, the #HijackRaw stuff ended up giving us one of the most meta wrestling stories WWE has ever told and it was awesome.

I legitimately believe the only reason they had "no HHH vs Bryan" on there was simply because we all thought, at the time, that was going to be the match for Bryan instead of the title match. Wanting Bryan in the title match instead =/= thinking HHH vs Bryan would be bad

80s WWF is even more sports entertainment-y than the current product. Just watch Tuesday Night Titans on the WWE Network!

But back then championships were called title belts, performers were called wrestlers, feuds were about going after titles, those titles actually mattered :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly "Ring of Honor" is one of the more fanwank names a promotion could have. It's so cringeworthy. I'm used to it (much like "Wii" for instance) but jesus christ what a shitty name.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
legdropy2s46.gif

legdrop209slu.gif

Match was sick. Loved it. So much crowd drama. Couple spots that are hard to watch just because they're so stiff. The first two moves are Kandori hitting Bull with the chain around her first full-on closed fist. And it looks painful and sounds even worse.

UberTag

Honestly "Ring of Honor" is one of the more fanwank names a promotion could have. It's so cringeworthy. I'm used to it (much like "Wii" for instance) but jesus christ what a shitty name.
Only thing more lame than the Ring of Honor name is the "Code of Honor" handshake gimmick.

Sephzilla

I actually agree, Ring of Honor screams "90s eFed name" much like TNA does.

I hate the name WWE because of the acknowledgement that it's fake. Federation is lame too.

WCW is probably the best company name.

FAV FIVE PROMOTION NAMES

1a) World Wrestling Federation
1b) World Championship Wrestling
3) New Japan Pro Wrestling
4) American Wrestling Association
5) Extreme Championship Wrestling

WWE is a bad name

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think WRESTLE-1 deserves some credit. Also enjoy Big Japan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No rankings in the TMF scale. You're either in or you're out.

Shawn Michaels can't even sniff the butthole a TMFer. He's a fucking wimp.

Top Bottom