• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nobody can become a TMF in UFC. Because it's UFC.

You cou become a TMF in PRIDE but not while you're getting bent over on paychecks by Dana.

lol if he does what? well? in ufc?

define well

I'm ready to see that virgin nose get cracked

Laugh all you want, but when he steps in that octagon, you will respect him.

wrXaQKt.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't stop watching those little legs quiver. Stop Titus! I laughed at my desk!

Alucard

Banned
Honestly "Ring of Honor" is one of the more fanwank names a promotion could have. It's so cringeworthy. I'm used to it (much like "Wii" for instance) but jesus christ what a shitty name.

*refuses to shake your hand*

In the ring of honor, we uphold and reward virtues like courage, respect...and honor.

I don't mind the name. Thought it was a bit odd the first time, but it certainly got me more intrigued than the first time I heard the name TNA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So who are the TMFs working in WWE today?

(Takeaway shitty booking)

Cesaro
Rusev
Bork?
Harper?
Owens

Harper and Wyatt. Cesaro isn't, in my eyes, at all. Rusev's still not shown that dad-like condescension. I don't know about Bork anymore, for sure. He could be if he wanted but he's not really putting people in their place.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just curious - is Undertaker TMF?

Only from 2001 to 2002
CNz510.gif

Kevin Steen is a gimmick. I ain't ever heard of anyone fearing him irl or him whooping someone. He's a Faux Mother Fucker. Rusev strikes me as a total wimp.

No one in the current WWE environment can be a TMF. It was already hard enough to be one in the Attitude Era. TMF is more of a WCW/Japan thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Donnie won, but admits that Shamrock basically ended his career in the process with leg locks. It was a TMF war of attrition.

http://vimeo.com/20406909

It was an incredibly frustrating fight. I kept wanting to see them bang but it was just like you said, war of attrition.

I do enjoy Shamrock's tales of Suzuki fucking him raw dog.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of white hair, Amadeus was one of the best movies ever made, though...

I have to say I didn't generally care for the American Badass gimmick much but it definitely had its moments

I hated it when I originally saw it, but having watched it again recently it was pretty fun. However, it was hard at times to tell if he was heel or face though that shouldn't really matter as he was just an AMERICAN BADASS.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Big Evil is the only Undertaker I recognize. The era of stiffing everyone with chairs.

Don't confuse American Badass shitty long haired ginger with Big Evil/Booger Red. Two different things.

Mainly the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the American Badass gimmick is rapey DDP. Which is not a thing I like.

I liked his mania match with Trips during that era though. I think that was when it started being a thing that he had amazing matches at mania.

Heel

It was an incredibly frustrating fight. I kept wanting to see them bang but it was just like you said, war of attrition.

I do enjoy Shamrock's tales of Suzuki fucking him raw dog.

In TMF warfare there are no winners, brotha.

dWIgojL.gif

That was from the Stone Cold podcast, yeah? Great interview.

Sephzilla

He changed his character to try something different.

Imagine if Cena did that.

I appreciate him trying to do something different. Deadman Undertaker would have gotten really stale had he not switched up things, plus that character needed a break after being essentially being an end-boss as the leader of the Ministry.

It also made the eventual switch back to The Phenom feel important.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
TDFs

Aja Kong
Dump Matsumoto
Bull Nakano
Akira Hokuto
Reggie Bennett
Mariko Yoshida
Toshiyo Yamada
Jacqueline
Jazz

Honestly pretty much all the joshis that went through 80s joshi training deserve to be called TDFs for surviving that shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lol.
WWE's website has a new article up naming the most unexpected breakout Superstars and Divas of 2014. The list looks like this:

#8 Stardust
#7 Slater Gator
#6 Jack Swagger
#5 The Bunny
#4 Erick Rowan
#3 Damien Mizdow
#2 Nikki Bella
#1 Dolph Ziggler

Lololol.

Alucard

Banned
ROH card for their first TV taping of 2015:

Ring of Honor
Winter Warriors Tour: Nashville (TV Taping)
Nashville, Tennessee 1/3/15

patron-angel-430x244.jpg

- Alberto El Patron vs. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels
- ROH World TV Title - Triple Threat Match - Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. ACH vs. Matt Sydal
- Cedric Alexander vs. Frankie Kazarian
- Roderick Strong vs. Mark Briscoe
- 2015 Top Prospect Tournament - First Round - Jay Diesel (with Truth Martini) vs. Will Ferrara
- 2015 Top Prospect Tournament - First Round - Donovan Dijak vs. Jake Dirden
- 2015 Top Prospect Tournament - First Round - Ashley Sixx vs. Dalton Castle
- 2015 Top Prospect Tournament - First Round - The Beer City Bruiser vs. Mikey Webb

2015 Top Prospect Tournament Participants

- Will Ferrara
- Ashley Sixx
- Mikey Webb
- Jay Diesel
- Dalton Castle
- The Beer City Bruiser
- Jake Dirden
- Donovan Dijak

Also signed to appear:

- ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe
- The Kingdom (Adam Cole, Matt Taven & Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis)
- The Decade (Jimmy Jacobs, BJ Whitmer & Adam Page)
- Hanson
- "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa
- Moose (with Veda Scott & Stokely Hathaway)
- Caprice Coleman

Christopher Daniels cutting a "welcome" promo to Alberto El Patron:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWXxG6HVBUE

Also, there has been some mumbling on the ROHWorld.com forums that the TV show will FINALLY get a new intro. Gotta say, I'd be happy to see it, as it's weird still seeing Claudio Castagnoli and Rhino on there.

Fox318

If anything Cena should have been "The Politician".

A heel character that constantly steels the spotlight and politicking his way into getting the belt. A corporate champion who only did Make A Wish stuff to gain publicity. His promos could have ended with :"I'm John Cena and I approve this message"

Sephzilla

The ideal heel John Cena gimmick is literally changing nothing about his character besides having him straight up acknowledge that he gets special treatment over the rest of the locker room.

"Listen here, jack! Don't even bother facing me at Royal Rumble because even if you do beat me I'm just gonna talk to Vince and find a way to get that title shot before you do anyway"

The ideal heel John Cena gimmick is literally changing nothing about his character besides having him straight up acknowledge that he gets special treatment over the rest of the locker room.

Yeah, he's the perfect heel already for the adult/smark crowd just a shame it's far too subtle for people to pick up (and commentary dropping hints).

- Bullies
- Forces others to raise his hand
- Hogs the lime light
- Never ending stream of t-shirts you have to buy your kid
- Tells your kid he's the perfect role model for them
- Then indirectly degrades his opponent by suggesting they're a homosexual

Fox318

Perfect example

px3Lzk4.gif

I guess all of the other talent want women to have cancer. Cena and the Uso's seem to be the only ones who care.

Sephzilla

The "Cena has been a heel the whole time" theory is one of the best fan theories in professional wrestling. He's already close to pre-nWo WCW Hogan tier in my opinion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, he's the perfect heel already for the adult/smark crowd just a shame it's far too subtle for people to pick up (and commentary dropping hints).

- Bullies
- Forces others to raise his hand
- Hogs the lime light
- Never ending stream of t-shirts you have to buy your kid
- Tells your kid he's the perfect role model for them
- Then indirectly regradess his opponent by suggesting they're a homosexual

- never helps his friends
- Will cheat to win.

DMczaf

If you have the time, you guys should listen to The Lapsed Fan podcast Road to WM31 series where they (along with guest Dave Meltzer) discuss the behind the scenes stories behind each WM's main event.

It's mostly just Meltzer though, but I'm not complaining. It's a great way to get behind the scenes WM stories from Meltz.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/tag/the-lapsed-fan

Top Bottom