• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alucard

Banned
Really enjoyed Brian Kendrick's sell of Adam Cole's superkick on ROH TV this week.

Adam-Cole-Brian-Kendrick-Superkick.gif

UberTag

Man, Ziggler got fucked tonight in more ways than one.
It was inevitable with the return of Mania season.
His Survivor Series moment was always going to be nullified.
All of these faces (Reigns, Bryan, "The Vigilante" Sting, Barrett, Orton, possibly Taker and Sheamus) would inevitably return to steal his thunder.
He should be thankful Zayn and Balor are still in NXT.

Cant believe people are ragging on Cesaro when the rest of his promo was on spot.

And I still think the 4 ropes thing was exaggerated, if not scripted.

Like geez, his little clarification was actually adorable and still felt believable because it felt like a shoot. If a scripted promo has a blunder, then it becomes lame.

But when a guy like Cesaro seemingly speaks from the heart, I enjoy the promo for what it is. Lots of wrestlers have simply "talked" with the audience, and that's all I thought of the 4 ropes comment.

I hope he keeps getting mic time

Here is my Wild Card Mania prediction that would work as a suitable Plan B should Bryan / Brock not happen:

Ziggler / Bryan

I don't know. Bryan tweeted about Ziggler recently which is pretty rare and he's brought him up the last two times he was on TV. That would mean WWE was planning this though and that's definitely not true.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The four ropes thing wouldn't have been so bad if he didn't try and salvage it with that "because the ring has four sides" line. Some times you just have to roll with the mistake, man.

It was inevitable with the return of Mania season.
His Survivor Series moment was always going to be nullified.
All of these faces (Reigns, Bryan, "The Vigilante" Sting, Barrett, Orton, possibly Taker and Sheamus) would inevitably return to steal his thunder.
He should be thankful Zayn and Balor are still in NXT.

Man, when you lay it out like that, you realize how rough a road Ziggler has in front of him. It wouldn't be so bad if midcard titles still meant something and guys could carve out great, memorable careers without ever touching the World title.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't think Dolph is completely screwed just yet, but his window is closing.

He's still more over with the fans than he's probably ever been, including that cash in.

strobogo

Banned
We need to make sure Stro sees this when he comes down from his post-coital bliss.

mBGTSNw.png

iTwPtHcZoItLc.gif

uguuuuu as if I needed help being ashamed to be a GNR fan in 2014.

I went to see Top Five tonight (AKA FAVE FIVE). I went in with zero knowledge of the movie or that Chris Rock even had a movie out. I've seen absolutely zero advertising for it even in the theater. And you know what? It's really good. Definitely in my Fave Five of the year. It's like...imagine a Woody Allen movie through the eyes of Chris Rock, but without the pretentiousness and young girl stuff. It's genuinely funny, but not in a punch line punch line punch line kind of way. Has genuinely heart felt moments. A handful of sad and dark moments. I enjoyed the shit out of it. The last few minutes is in a strip club with

Rock's character, Adam Sandler, Whoopi Goldberg, and Jerry Seinfeld as themselves. Jerry makes it rain, accuses a stripper of stealing something and hiding it in her pussy in such a Jerry Seinfeld way, and putting ICE MOTHER FUCKING CUBE on his top five list.

What was really weird to me was that despite this definitely being a black movie (although to be enjoyed by everyone, possibly a bit enlightening for some white people even), all the previews were for the same generic shit that you see in front of Night at the Museum and The Gambler. Seems like it'd be shitty to be black, going to a movie staring, written, and directed by a black man, with the cast being 95% black, and then have all the previews for upcoming movies be nothing but white people.

Definitely recommend this movie. If it is in your area, you should probably go see it soon because I can't imagine it will be in theaters very long. It might be the best thing Chris Rock has ever done.

Cant believe people are ragging on Cesaro when the rest of his promo was on spot.

And I still think the 4 ropes thing was exaggerated, if not scripted.

Like geez, his little clarification was actually adorable and still felt believable because it felt like a shoot. If a scripted promo has a blunder, then it becomes lame.

But when a guy like Cesaro seemingly speaks from the heart, I enjoy the promo for what it is. Lots of wrestlers have simply "talked" with the audience, and that's all I thought of the 4 ropes comment.

I hope he keeps getting mic time

It was a good promo (though it was a bit too much like Punk's promo to be great). Unfortunately, people love to pick apart obvious mistakes like the four ropes thing or Reigns stuttering while saying "declare" (not that that would have been a good promo if he nailed it, but that's another discussion I'm not interested in having) for most of them to remember it for anything else.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Watched a few old Royal Rumble episodes and wanted to hear additional opinions on a topic: Which wrestler most deserved to be WWE's Heavy/World champ but never won it?

Million Dollar Man
Roddy Piper
British Bulldog
Goldust
Honky Tonk Man
Jake the Snake
Jesse the Body Ventura
Scott Hall
Vader
Rick Rude
Owen Hart
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
Paul Orndorff

Not everyone was going to become WWE's World/Heavy champ (Christian can now be included in this list and I am sure many more new competitors will be included moving forward such as Bray Wyatt (potentially), Dolph Ziggler (may never get over the IC hump), and the like. From that short list (and there are many others), it amazes me that Roddy Piper and Jake the Snake won so few titles in their career. When looking back, they didn't need them, but still crazy to look back in retrospect and see wrestlers such as The Miz and Albert Del Rio have won it in recent years.

Four ropes and Reigns stuttering and are memorable parts of otherwise nothing-promos.

But I hate worked shoot promos.

I'll probably check out Fave Five just because Chris Rock really stepped up his carny game by divorcing his wife to promote the movie.

Watched a few old Royal Rumble episodes and wanted to hear additional opinions on a topic: Which wrestler most deserved to be WWE's Heavy/World champ but never won it?

Million Dollar Man - no
Roddy Piper - no
British Bulldog -no
Goldust - no
Honky Tonk Man - no
Jake the Snake - yes
Jesse the Body Ventura - yes
Scott Hall - yes
Vader - yes and with better overall booking
Rick Rude - yes
Owen Hart - yes with a little more push
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat - yes
Paul Orndorff - yes

Disregarding all personal stuff

Here is my Wild Card Mania prediction that would work as a suitable Plan B should Bryan / Brock not happen:

Ziggler / Bryan

I don't know. Bryan tweeted about Ziggler recently which is pretty rare and he's brought him up the last two times he was on TV. That would mean WWE was planning this though and that's definitely not true.
They had that tag match in 2013 though
Definitely recommend this movie. If it is in your area, you should probably go see it soon because I can't imagine it will be in theaters very long. It might be the best thing Chris Rock has ever done.

yeah i've been meaning to see that, probably gonna catch it Wednesday since i have no idea what the Friday showtimes are. tomorrow's all about THE GAMBLER

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fun little inter-gender comedy match. Suzuki dominates like he always does when he wrestlers juniors/women, but Kansai knocked him down with a lariat, body slammed him and hit a splash. She had pretty good luck considering she had a comedy dude as her partner. She's also incredibly underrated for her strength. She had to be the strongest joshi in the 90s, even over your Kong who never had that many amazing displays of strength where as Kansai lifted her and slammed her multiple times.
akinoq3suo.gif

Akino is smooth as hell. And she had the half shave haircut before it got cool.
images

akino.jpg

and 2qt4me

So just finished watching raw, and it was a solid B

Daniel Bryan is back and is still as over as ever

and

Seth Rollins is full on super villain and it's wonderful

Those were the two best things

strobogo

Banned
They had that tag match in 2013 though

yeah i've been meaning to see that, probably gonna catch it Wednesday since i have no idea what the Friday showtimes are. tomorrow's all about THE GAMBLER

The Gambler is one of the better remakes in the last decade. I'm not sure if that is a full compliment or not. I enjoyed it. It's not as good as the original, but it isn't super far away from it, either.

strobogo

Banned
Orndorff, Rude, and Steamboat should have had title runs. Guys like Jake and Ted didn't need it. Steamboat not getting it in the WWF is bad enough, but getting the NWA Championship only so Flair could win it back right after is bonkers. That's a face to build your company around. As good as anyone could be in the ring, incredible look, genuine babyface on a level that almost no one has reached.

Ventura being on that list at all is stupid. He was terrible at in ring stuff and by the time Hogan was champ, he was well past his prime that was shitty to begin with. He didn't deserve shit. He was a SHAMELESS rip off of Superstar Graham (so was Hogan, but to a lesser extent) when Superstar was still an active competitor. His true reward was being able to publicly shit on Vince every show for years and needle Gorilla.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Orndorff probably would have been a great face champion to switch off between him and Hogan to hopefully prevent Hogan from getting stale since Orndorff was a great worker and has some real good face work in Florida and Georgia.

HTM is amazing, but his gimmick is pretty much perfect midcarder. Rude should have won it and feuded with Warrior over it. Perfect's kind of like... eh. Duggan doesn't deserve any title except for King of the Jobbers. I'd let Brutus win the fucking thing over Duggan.

It's kind of mind blowing to hear you guys recount the ways Vader got fucked in WWE and how awesome he was outside of it. Seems like such an easy thing not to fuck up.

Top Bottom