• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
Speaks five languages, has great matches, gets over with fans as a face?

Ziggler does the last two, according to some of the guys in this thread, and he's boring as shit too. Creative and Cesaro need to brainstorm or something, because I won't miss him if hes suddenly gone next week.

Aiii

So not worth it
Please name the following:
-The last meaningful feud WWE gave Dolph Ziggler. And by meaningful I mean: was built up over several months, included promo's and sound reasoning for said feud to happen.
-Same for Cesaro.

Please name the following:
-The last meaningful feud WWE gave Dolph Ziggler. And by meaningful I mean: was built up over several months, included promo's and sound reasoning for said feud to happen.
-Same for Cesaro.

Hell if I know. That's why i said Creative and them need to work together or something.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hell if I know. That's why i said Creative and them need to work together or something.

So, now they've gotten together and they've thought of a great feud, that culminates in Cesaro going over Orton after a four month program.

They take it to Vince.

What happens?

RAW was super weird.

Fun end but that Ryback promo and that Cesaro burial... I dont know whats going on with that company right now.

They are clearly trying to respond to the fallout from the Punk stuff and the general unhappiness with stuff but I dont know what they are doing. Unless Cesaro is on his way out that is.

Anth0ny

B6EfxQOCEAE_h5K.jpg:large

Succesful heel or meek fans buying just about anything the WWE is selling? Discuss:

That poll is 60% positive for Cesaro. Weird options.

Aiii

So not worth it
As expected then.

That Daniel Bryan promo was pretty great. Just watched it. I guess I'll watch the Rumble...

I honestly don't see how they don't end up with Rollins as champion after the Rumble and Bryan winning the Rumble.

It's the only thing that makes logical sense.

Which means it will never happen.

Vylash

I honestly don't see how they don't end up with Rollins as champion after the Rumble and Bryan winning the Rumble.

It's the only thing that makes logical sense.

Which means it will never happen.

Bryan would have to win it at Mania then, and i don't like Rollins having such a short reign, Rollins has until July or so to cash in so there's no need to rush it, unless of course Brock signs a short contract extension, costs Bryan the title at Mania, and they have a match at Summerslam, but Bryan would have to spin his wheels until then and the angle would cool off so i dunno

Aiii

So not worth it
A heel can win at Mania, Bryan had his big Mania moment last year, so I think you can get away with Rollins winning.

There is no way they are not pushing Reigns all the way to mania.

Even if it falls flat they have Rolins ready to take the belt off him right after.

I knew there was an announcement about D-Bry on Raw, but I didn't know what it was gonna be.

So I was pretty antsy all the way through watching the rest of the show, then, man, I legitimately breathed a sigh of relief.

I actually care about this man in his red undies rolling around in his fake sport run by complete idiots. It was weird.

<3 D-Bry.

So there's this really weird thing in 80s joshi wrestling where the long haired girls face off with the other long haired more 'feminine' looking girls in tag matches. I guess that's supposed to be the idea. And the short haired girls wrestle the other short haired girls. Though the short haired girls almost always seem way more over

I think that pretty much came about with the 80's, there was a definite trend to have more short haired, more 'masculine' women, I guess. Also, with the likes of Jaguar Yokota & Devil Masami there was a visible change in the style, the wrestling becoming more hard hitting and drama filled. The audiences obviously responded well to it and liked that the gap between men and women's wrestling was becoming smaller.

I did some looking up on the Crush Gals and apparently they're like the most over female tag team of all time. Way more over than the Jumping Bomb Angels in Japan. They put out records and had a bunch of tv show appearances and were basically every Japanese girl's heroes at the time. Some articles I read said that the Crush Gals were basically as over in Japan as Hulk Hogan was in America. I knew Chigusa was over, but I had no idea their team was THAT over.

I was always surprised at how insane the crowds went for Crush Gals - to look at you wouldn't think Chiggy & Lioness were the idol type, but they absolutely were a pop culture phenomenon in the 80's. Joshi had a history of cross-over artists at that point, though - Mach Fumiake was the original, she had a singing career based on her popularity as AJW's first major star, then retired from wrestling to become a leading actress. Also, the Beauty Pair (Jackie Sato & Maki Ueda) were in many ways the precursors to the Crush Gals, in that they were hugely popular inside the ring and outside of it, also having successful singing careers; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjhhsDlRsz4

Gonzalez

Banned
I kind of hate the way they are treating Cesaro right now. Vince has crownd him his new Ryder, and this time he'll be the one pushing the chair off the ramp.

Tekno Team 2000 cosplaying Kratos. That's The Ascension. I like the blast beats in their theme, though.

*edit, how dumb was that final segment? Jesus wept, the crowd could not have cared less.

Hasney

Tekno Team 2000 cosplaying Kratos. That's The Ascension. I like the blast beats in their theme, though.

*edit, how dumb was that final segment? Jesus wept, the crowd could not have cared less.

That final segment was a shitshow. Good line from Rollins, but now why doesn't Cena just say "You didn't keep your word and tried to injure him, so I'm not keeping mine".I'm sure that fits in with HLR, but the final segment just meant I went from hyped with some good segments leading up to and including DB (as much as The Big Cry almost made me turn it off) thinking I might watch it until the Rumble again, to getting bored of the same old shit once again. They had a good Raw, it's clearly not going to continue.

Can pull off an amazing feud with steps.

http://youtu.be/nFY0wFf6Z4w

Keeping it FnP, connecting with the crowd. I like it.

Aiii

So not worth it
That final segment was a shitshow. Good line from Rollins, but now why doesn't Cena just say "You didn't keep your word and tried to injure him, so I'm not keeping mine".

Now wait until you realise that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon were banned from even coming to the arena, yet somehow manage to show up in minutes, with entrance music, on the entrance ramp after being unbanned. While holding champagne glasses.

So even if you suspend your disbelief to where they're sitting somewhere outside the arena in a limo and ran inside, how do you not spill all your champagne on the way?

WWE seem so deathly afraid of running the Monday Night Shitshow without an evil authority figure or, at least, a guest host to waste time in the ring, provide backstage skits and generally keep the broadcast going. It's like even they know 3 hours is too much.

Hasney

Now wait until you realise that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon were banned from even coming to the arena, yet somehow manage to show up in minutes, with entrance music, on the entrance ramp after being unbanned. While holding champagne glasses.

So even if you suspend your disbelief to where they're sitting somewhere outside the arena in a limo and ran inside, how do you not spill all your champagne on the way?

There was enough time between Cena saying it the first time and them coming in from their arena-adjacant limo to saunter down. They could even have stolen the champers from somewhere on the way down.

There was enough time between Cena saying it the first time and them coming in from their arena-adjacant limo to saunter down. They could even have stolen the champers from somewhere on the way down.

Well, if they rented the limo it'd already have a bottle of champagne and glasses in there. They pop it and fill their glasses right before coming out...

Or wrestling is a hilarious alternate reality where you tell someone to leave so you can have a private conversation even though it's being filmed and broadcast to millions around the world.

They showed up so you knew it was real and there was no taking it back for Cena.

Alucard

Banned
WWE seem so deathly afraid of running the Monday Night Shitshow without an evil authority figure or, at least, a guest host to waste time in the ring, provide backstage skits and generally keep the broadcast going. It's like even they know 3 hours is too much.

I'd be surprised if people within the company didn't feel this way.

Alucard

Banned
B6FE9COCAAIhMby.jpg:large

Give these guys the tag titles.

Btw Data, just a daily reminder that I'm loving the joshi gifs and posts. No clue who any of the performers are, but I dig it.

Amory

I mean it was pretty obvious they would be back when from the time they left there was the condition that "only Cena could bring them back". If they weren't coming back there'd be no reason to have any conditions attached to it.

It's whatever. I'd rather have them than the random guest hosts anyway. At least it's a continuous storyline.

Alucard

Banned
Pollock and Ting didn't know what Edge's t-shirt said/was. They just said "sporting a Za shirt. Maybe it was RZA" and a couple of other guesses.

Little things they miss/don't know like this always surprise me, and I don't think they were trying to work their audience.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As shocking as it would be to people on this forum, I woke up feeling unwell, so I went to my doctor without making a thread about it.

Basically, my uvula (dangly bit at the back of your throat) is so swollen I can birng it up over my tongue, so I have trouble eating, drinking and breathing at the moment. Unfortunately, no-one will take me seriously as it's made my voice sound like Porky pig without any speech therapy. It's actually pretty funny.

Lets see if E, C & DB can pick my spirits up.

Gross! Glad you went to the doctor.

Oh god, this Ryback promo just started though. It only just got to the Tough Enough clip and I'm already tapping out.

This Big Guy promo is great. Makes me appreciate him that much more.

THANK YOU BEEF. Ryback's promo was great. I loved that not only did they give him time, but it was a good use of time to get him over as a character. "The Believer" Ryback!

Authority returning making the whole SS match pointless in hindsight.

Barrett returned to beat up Cesaro? Was there a reason? He should be attacking Swagger, although he's technically a face.

They told Barruh to "call it in the ring, even the finish, based on Cesaro's promo ability"

I gotta admit, WWE stepped up and gave Cesaro a chance to help get himself over and he blew it. It's a goddamn shame. But it just reinforces that he has EVERYTHING except that one elusive piece. He'll get it. It just wasn't tonight.

Heard the Ascension had their debut yesterday. How much did they suck guys?

Ascension is 90% entrance and they fucked it up. Still the best theme in WWE hands down.

That poll is 60% positive for Cesaro. Weird options.

60% positive is a horrendous result when it should be around 90%. I was surprised to see that too, but it's not good results.

That final segment was great. The crowd were quiet because they didn't want a dead Edge. It was the "serious voice" of the crowd! Seth Rollins was magnificent though. Such a fantastic shithead.

Pollock and Ting didn't know what Edge's t-shirt said/was. They just said "sporting a Za shirt. Maybe it was RZA" and a couple of other guesses.

Little things they miss/don't know like this always surprise me.

Me too. What the hell.

Xater

Little things they miss/don't know like this always surprise me, and I don't think they were trying to work their audience.

What was it? I didn't watch RAW, because why would I?

Jamie OD

They want their shows to be where anything can happen and the authority figure who makes matches on the fly gives them that edge. Problem is that idea is now the status quo. Every week Raw begins with only one or two matches announced and even then you're lucky if that includes the main event. Also I bet they are scared to announce their full card in advance. Would you want to sit through an entire Raw if you knew last night's line-up beforehand? I guess there probably is a significant amount of the audience that would sit through Raw waiting to see what's happening next but may tune out if they knew the matches ahead of time and not like what they see.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
So, um, why did they decide to bury Mizdow last night? They are pretty much the most over people in the company right now. Miz can get real heat and Sandow gets loud cheers.

Aiii

So not worth it
All I know is WWE killed their PPV business and TV is all that's keeping them afloat right now, so 3 hour Raw's are going to be around for a long time to come, especially since they're bleeding viewers left and right and losing the extra hour along with the ratings is an even worse idea.

I mean, looking back at Nitro, when Russo took over that show he took away the extra hour. That was a smart choice in so far that 3 hour wrestling shows fucking suck and you should NEVER do them. Problem is, normally the ratings for Nitro should have gone up about .5 of a Nielsen point just by taking away the extra hour, but they didn't, the ratings stayed about the same as the 3-hour show (meaning the show actually got less viewers), so not only did they lose money from advertising, they also lost money from dropping viewers.

WWE right now simply can't afford to lose anything, the stockholders are pissed off enough as it is, if their TV revenue drops as well, ugh.

So here we are, 3 hour Raw's that nobody actually enjoys watching and judging by the internets response, even from the marks...
clipboard017qu8u.jpg

...Ratings will continue to drop in 2015, even though I'm sure they will go up for a few months. Unless they drastically change the way they book the show, I think December 2015 will have even worse ratings than this year.

Alucard

Banned
So, um, why did they decide to bury Mizdow last night? They are pretty much the most over people in the company right now. Miz can get real heat and Sandow gets loud cheers.

SWxyN.gif

Unless you're not counting Bryan since he's just leagues ahead of everyone anyway.

Hasney

Bryans promo was probably the best promo of the year because it was totally legit. Mark Henry's fake retirement was a terrific display of acting chops, but this was a guy who had the highest highs in his career and personal life in a couple of weeks of each other. Then as soon as that happens, one of the worst personal things that will ever happen to you in your dad dying and then the injury being a career low AND frustrating as hell since he had no clue when he would be back if he would be back.

I know some mentioned that he may be kept out of the Rumble via other means now and his career is over, but Bryan isn't that great an actor. I don't think the promo would have been delivered that way if this was a fake comeback. So fucking pumped.

Marvel

could never
Stand by what I said about Seth being better on the mic than Punk. Last night he wasn't just on fire he was a fucking volcano.

Top Bottom