• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
Spike is starting a "Countdown to the All-Time Best TNA Moment." What's your pick in animated .GIF form, friends?

11978%20-%20Knux%20Main_Event_Mafia%20Rampage_Jackson%20Tito_Ortiz%20Wes_Brisco%20aces_and_eights%20arms_folded%20autoplay_gif%20devon%20gif%20impact%20ken_anderson%20kurt_angle%20samoa_joe%20sting%20suit%20sunglasses%20tna.gif

tumblr_mzilgtRmJw1rnh8oao7_r1_250.gif

496ba986ecc9b6bf2326ccb23794457b.jpg

mwug0cb249g

Recall

Why isn't there a wrestling podcast where it isn't just adverts and a mic held up to a telephone?

I need something to listen to and I just can't find a worth while wrestling podcast beyond the Austin one.

Recall

I don't think I've ever seen him cut a promo, but he has a lot of natural charisma so it'll be interesting to see how he handles that side of things.

All WWE promos are scripted so you could be gods gift on the microphone but it won't matter as the writers can't write natural promos.

Aiii

So not worth it
Uhaa has the look Vince wants to get pushed, and the athletic ability to be majorly over.

The people in this thread will turn on him 1 month into his main roster debut.

Aiii

So not worth it
Brilliant idea to get people to subscribe to the WWE Network: Work with Sony and release The Interview on it.

Xater

Why isn't there a wrestling podcast where it isn't just adverts and a mic held up to a telephone?

I need something to listen to and I just can't find a worth while wrestling podcast beyond the Austin one.

That's why the LAW stuff and the Wrestling Observer audio stuff are the only things worth listening to.

He's like Big E, except more flippy.

He's going to join New Day eventually, isn't he...

New Day will not exist for that long.

Ithil

Interesting bit from this weeks Observer about the Styles Clash; the move is now way more over in Japan since the incident with Yoshitatsu, very little chance of Gedo insisting AJ must change it or use a different finisher.

Also, reDRagon are booked for the February tour, so either they'll be retaining at WK9 or New Japan like them enough to add them to the jr. tag mix on a more permanent basis.

Lastly, Adam Cole was set to win the ROH title and feud with Alberto in January, but his shoulder injury put pay to that plan.

Also noting it's not really up to Styles if he uses it or not, as it's Gedo/Jado that come up with all the finishes to the matches, so if they say Styles wins with the Styles Clash, that's how it is. The booker gives them the finish, the rough amount of time they have for the match, and then the two wrestlers just come up with the rest of the match themselves.

Probably explains why there's so many good matches in NJPW.

Hmm been thinking about going to 16 Carat Gold again and he will apparently be there.

Also Meltzer on the latest Observer episode: "Roman is not THE guy." He also says he basically only has the look.

Well WWE apparently thinks so. Should get interesting.

He's been saying that for a few months, that Reigns is the wrong choice and WWE will be forced to see it eventually. He thinks Ambrose is the guy they should push as the top guy in the company.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's been saying that for a few months, that Reigns is the wrong choice and WWE will be forced to see it eventually. He thinks Ambrose is the guy they should push as the top guy in the company.

You mean, Dave thinks they should push the taller, fitter, more experienced and better talker of the two ahead of the other? Well, that's certainly a unique point of view, to be sure.

I'd like Dean to be pushed to the top as well but honestly I hate thinking of WWE's booking as only having a top guy. There was a point when Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, HHH and Undertaker were all damn near considered equals.

Besides, pushing a balding dude who wrestles in jeans and a wife beater's really gonna do wonders for that whole "only uneducated people watch wrasslin'" that WWE is desperately trying to run away from.

atomsk

Party Pooper
This story never made it to the sheets back in 2002, but I know a lot of people in the Georgia indy scene who know Jannetty (who lives in Columbus, GA).

He's living in NJ now, I've got some friends who go to the Legends of the Ring stuff every year, and he's always there.

¡HarlequinPanic!;143861425 said:
I'd like Dean to be pushed to the top as well but honestly I hate thinking of WWE's booking as only having a top guy. There was a point when Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, HHH and Undertaker were all damn near considered equals.

Besides, pushing a balding dude who wrestles in jeans and a wife beater's really gonna do wonders for that whole "only uneducated people watch wrasslin'" that WWE is desperately trying to run away from.

Don't worry. When Rowan becomes a top guy, people will respect his IQ and his wine skills.

jred2k

If they were really trying to run away from that they wouldn't have commentators pretending that people in costumes are literally the animal they're dressed as. A guy in a tac vest calling everyone bitch doesn't exactly scream classy either.

Browny

Banned

something something something "for the working man" something SHARI'S BERRIES

If you ain't hand-picked and reared to the McMahon formula, it ain't going to happen sadly. There are half a dozen people on the main roster who are eminently more suitable to be the next generation of interchangeable main eventers (like Angle/Rock/HH/Foley/Taker/Austin did as you mentioned).

I suppose if you did want WWE-molded, then you could say Cody, Wyatt, Big E as home-grown?

Aiii

So not worth it
This never happened.

Mick Foley was never on equal footing with any of these guys,HHH was always below Austin and even The Rock and Undertaker weren't really at Austin's level.

Mind you, back in those days, there wasn't as much of a difference between the top guy and the rest of the top talent as there is now, but that's pretty much the difference that was there. The Rock was elevated greatly due to being Austin's major opponent, and HHH and The Rock both benefited from Austin's injury.

But there's no doubt that Stone Cold was the absolute top guy during that era, nothing Rock, Taker, Trips or Foley did will ever top the Austin/McMahon stuff as far as top program goes.

This never happened.

Mick Foley was never on equal footing with any of these guys,HHH was always below Austin and even The Rock and Undertaker weren't really at Austin's level.

Mind you, back in those days, there wasn't as much of a difference between the top guy and the rest of the top talent as there is now, but that's pretty much the difference that was there. The Rock was elevated greatly due to being Austin's major opponent, and HHH and The Rock both benefited from Austin's injury.

But there's no doubt that Stone Cold was the absolute top guy during that era, nothing Rock, Taker, Trips or Foley did will ever top the Austin/McMahon stuff as far as top program goes.

From a pure who had the most time booking standpoint sure, but I'd argue that if you were a fan of any of those guys you'd walk away from most events as satisfied as a fan that was into any other of their peers at the time, it was just booked in a different way than it is now.

Yeah Roman comes across as a brute half the time but on the other hand whenever I visit the mall in my hometown that fucking picture of him and his daughter is there, it's spreading.

I will never deal with it, Data!

Do they really call Maria Dynamite Body over there? That's hilarious. Sucks about Cole not getting to work with Del Rio yet, but I hope he gets the Dome.

Hasney

At this rate, Telltale are going to do a WWE game just through the process of elimination.

EDIT: Actually meant to post this in the TellTale Minecraft game thread, fo context.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Christmas shopping for the nephew, and I already got him the dope Vader figure with the Mastodon helmet because I taught him well. But it also had me looking at all this other shit, and it's amazing how many gimmicks got figures and how many didn't.

I can get Rocky Maivia but I can't get Stunning Steve Austin. I can get Bret Hart in jorts mode but I can't get Earthquake
Fuck. I know you hate WCW Vince, but THAT'S the Luger you use for his first appearance? Not WCW Luger?

Sephzilla

WCW Luger was always boring as fuck as far as I'm concerned and had the most CAW look in wrestling history. At least Lex Express Luger had something.

Top Bottom