• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, I don't. I thought the last time they hired him was for the HBK/Kurt feud and he was going to stick around for a while, but ended up not being allowed in some of the states they travelled to...

He was brought in only as a one-time deal for all that, but impressed everyone so much (his match against Kurt Angle was indeed shockingly fantastic), they signed him to a new contract. After he officially signed with WWE, he got involved in a domestic dispute, got arrested, and was released in July 2005. WWE.Com put his mugshot on the web site when they announced his release.

Once everything blew over, they brought Jannetty back in February 2006 to side with Shawn Michaels in his feud against the McMahons. Then suddenly in March 2006, WWE.Com put up a thing saying they had cut all professional ties to Jannetty with no explanation. Remember the McMahons vs. Shawn Michaels & "God" match? It was supposed to be the McMahons vs. Michaels & Jannetty.

In September 2006, WWE re-hired Jannetty again to work with younger talent on the relaunched ECW brand. According to Dave Meltzer, after they re-signed Jannetty, he completely disappeared and stopped returning WWE's phone calls, so they released him again. Jannetty jumped on his Myspace to dispute this and WENT CRAZY, saying Meltzer was wrong and he was still under contract and that Meltzer must have gotten it wrong and was referring to The Boogeyman Marty Wright who had also just been released. Then the January 2007 WWE Magazine gave Jannetty an award for "shortest WWE tenure ever", which he also disputed on Myspace again saying it was Boogeyman who was fired and not him. Jim Ross countered, posting a blog saying that Jannetty had been released from his contract almost immediately once WWE found out Jannetty had court restrictions from Florida that prevented him from travelling. Jannetty shut up with the Boogeyman story after that.

Jannetty still ended up making two appearances, in December 2007 against Mr. Kennedy and December 2009 against The Miz.

strobogo

Banned
Marty getting fired before Backlash 2006 was the best thing ever. McMahons vs Rockers would have meant no McMahonism, no walking on water, no HOLY MACKEREL, no crazy dancing. It was divine intervention.

Marvel

could never
The only books I read are MARVEL and pro-wrestling bios. The finest of GAF literature.

K0lCSOL.gif

I feel so sorry for poor Janetty, his ending will be really tragic if he doesn't get some help

This story never made it to the sheets back in 2002, but I know a lot of people in the Georgia indy scene who know Jannetty (who lives in Columbus, GA).

Remember HBK's comeback angle against Triple H in 2002? HBK's comeback was supposed to be against a returning Jannetty. Marty trained his ASS off for months in 2002 only to be told they decided to ditch the nWo angle and go with HHH in the HBK comeback angle. Marty was heartbroken and just didn't want to accept it for about a year.

Interesting bit from this weeks Observer about the Styles Clash; the move is now way more over in Japan since the incident with Yoshitatsu, very little chance of Gedo insisting AJ must change it or use a different finisher.

Also, reDRagon are booked for the February tour, so either they'll be retaining at WK9 or New Japan like them enough to add them to the jr. tag mix on a more permanent basis.

Lastly, Adam Cole was set to win the ROH title and feud with Alberto in January, but his shoulder injury put pay to that plan.

I'm made up Justin Roberts has gone. He really put me off. No enthusiasm and his tone was completely off. Eg: When he said WWE Champion for punks entrance.

Even in the WWE games it's horrible, worse that Cole and Kings full blown pointless commentary.

I really wish they get Tony Chimel back in for Raw with Lillian.

Hasney

Little slow in here today and I have no work on, so I thought I'd check reddits squaredcircle.

kx8G5M6.png

tumblr_mpouu2a6OE1r9zrcxo1_500.gif

I mean, it's good to see that simplythebest found a new home, but it gets worse

NORVsw9.png

8u6Wb1d.gif

At least there was some likght at the end of the tunnel

vqPHhwu.png

Who gives a flying fuck about Big Show? Reigns is poised to be 2ina, Show will hopefully be out soon. Like damn, I don't wish injuries on anyone, but come on, I'm desperate to get Show out of the roster. The least painful, easily treatable but career ending injury. Please..

thuway

Considering that Honma comes from a deathmatch background, I don't think he's much on playing it safe.

As much as I like pro-wrestling- any sort of head butt should be barred permanently. It's not that cool, and it's a comic move more than anything else.

kapowza

Fuck
The
Troops

I've not been to a wrestling show since Summerslam 92. I might go to the Hydro to see Al Snow and Grado. I'm sure it'll be right up there with Bret/Bulldog.

Grado's entrance on that grand of a stage will be something magical to see.

igIZS58wnRCk.gif

Anywho, Yano's partners for WK9 are all gaijin, but are not Team 3D, Akebono or Bob Sappuuuu. Seems increasingly like it'll be The Kingdom - Adam Cole's working a few 2015 dates before having surgery on his shoulder, I'm sure he'd love to work the Tokyo Dome. Also, Maria 'Dynamite-o Body-des!!' Kanellis.

Alucard

Banned
Interesting bit from this weeks Observer about the Styles Clash; the move is now way more over in Japan since the incident with Yoshitatsu, very little chance of Gedo insisting AJ must change it or use a different finisher.

Also, reDRagon are booked for the February tour, so either they'll be retaining at WK9 or New Japan like them enough to add them to the jr. tag mix on a more permanent basis.

Lastly, Adam Cole was set to win the ROH title and feud with Alberto in January, but his shoulder injury put pay to that plan.

I get why the Clash would be more over in Japan because of the Tatsu thing, but I'm not sure what that says about the wrestling culture there. Same old tough guy macho BS.

ReDRagon deserve whatever accolades and opportunities they receive. One of the top 3/5 teams in the world right now.

Not surprised about those ROH plans. It keeps feeling like Jay is the placeholder champion while they try to book it off him. His win at Final Battle got him over a bit more with me, though.

Fox318

I don't get the Kidd stuff.

People like reality shows when they are real. They are trying to mix a wrestling story with a reality show.

Xater

Uhaa Nation's great in the 'big guy who does flips' role, not sure how much use Vince will have for that though.

ibxRm9BhoOd90R.gif

jPeQA9H.gif

ik4ybONIo84PA.gif

Hmm been thinking about going to 16 Carat Gold again and he will apparently be there.

Also Meltzer on the latest Observer episode: "Roman is not THE guy." He also says he basically only has the look.

Well WWE apparently thinks so. Should get interesting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was reading the screwjob article Sports Illustrated put up. Some choice quotes.
If Hebner had somehow found a way to tip him off, Hart knows exactly what he would have done.

“I would have choked Shawn out in the middle of the ring,” he said. “I would have front-face locked him and ended the match.”

“When we walked towards each other, it was a lot like a wrestling match,” explained Hart. “On one side of the room was Vince, and he had Sgt. Slaughter, Shane McMahon, and Jerry Brisco with their arms crossed behind him. On my side of the room was Owen, Davey, Rick Rude, and Neidhart all in the corner to my left.

“On my right was the Undertaker, and Shawn was on his right. Shawn was sitting in the corner holding his head in his hands balling his eyes out. He cried like a baby the whole time. I always knew Shawn was guilty, but I wanted to find out for sure before I did something about it.”
Hart and McMahon then locked up. With his left hand, Hart could feel the shoulder pad on McMahon’s suit.

“I got a good grip in with my left hand,” said Hart. “I think everyone in the room – including Vince – was expecting me to throw an overhand punch. That would be my one shot, but then a bunch of guys would grab my arm, they’d grab Vince, and then we’d have a little pull-apart like they do in wrestling. It would end with me yelling at Vince, calling him a bunch of names, and Vince would have left having backed me down. I knew as we grabbed each other that this was not going to be a long scuffle. Everyone in the room was ready to pounce on us. No one in the room wanted to see us fight.

Hart’s father, the legendary Stu Hart, taught his son an amazing array of submission maneuvers. But “The Hitman” delivered an uppercut in the defining moment of his wrestling career.

“It was the most beautiful uppercut punch you could ever imagine,” said Hart. “I actually thought it would miss and go right up the side of his head, but I popped him right up like a cork was under his jaw and lifted him right off the hand. I broke my right hand just beneath the knuckle, and knocked Vince out cold.
“All I could see was Shawn blubbering on his knees crying,” said Hart. “I remember thinking I should kick him. He was bent over and his head was in his hands, and I remember thinking I should go for a 50-yard field goal right now. But I walked over and the professionalism in me took over. I tapped him on the shoulder and said, ‘Thanks for the match.’ I shook his hand, then he burst into tears crying.”

Hart was McMahon’s most loyal soldier for nearly 15 years. He still wishes his exit ended in a much different manner.

“I made so many sacrifices for the company that what I was asking him should have been all fair,” said Hart. “Guys like Hogan, Warrior, and even Shawn called their own shots with Vince. I never did that. And Vince was the guy who told me I could leave with my head up, any way I wanted. I think Vince got it in his head that he needed to get even with me before I left, which shows the vindictive side of Vince McMahon. He’s always been a pretty ruthless businessman when he needs to be.”

Top Bottom