• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Um... I thought that was actually a pretty good way to bring back the Authority.

I just don't like that Survivor Series got retconned so fast

It was given a heck of a lot of time to breathe. Never forget Punk's one-week "adios"

Ithil

It's going to be an interesting fight and a tough one to call ahead of time. I think Cormier will put in the work and get it done, but Jones has so many tools and can play keep-away just enough. It's a hard pick. My heart says Cormier, but my brain says "I don't know"

The one downside to watching wrestling and MMA is the fairytale ending of Cormier winning is very possibly going not going to happen because it's not a worked match. But I guess ti does add to the excitement in a way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE's off-season needs to be spent filming.

The one downside to watching wrestling and MMA is the fairytale ending of Cormier winning is very possibly going not going to happen because it's not a worked match. But I guess ti does add to the excitement in a way.

yeah. that and it may be over in ten seconds. Always a risk.

But the unpredictability of MMA is what keeps me coming back. It's just a happy coincidence that there's actually a story here. Blending the bland presentation of most MMA feuds with some actual sports entertainment is the optimal way to get people to like your product.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE's off-season needs to be spent filming.

yeah. that and it may be over in ten seconds. Always a risk.

But the unpredictability of MMA is what keeps me coming back. It's just a happy coincidence that there's actually a story here. Blending the bland presentation of most MMA feuds with some actual sports entertainment is the optimal way to get people to like your product.

Yeah, spot on. Though, to be fair, sometimes a ten second legit knockout can be as exciting as a three-round fight.

Ithil

Ambrose/Rollins felt like a true 'blood feud' but WWE had to screw that up

It was good for the first two months or so, then they decided to make it "wacky" with Nickelodeon pranks as though Ambrose was a child and Rollins was his mean old grumpy neighbor, not his former brother in arms who backstabbed him.

Sephzilla

Vince: "I'm proud to announce WWE's new 'off-season initiative' for our talent. The process will involve rotating talent around on the main roster so that everyone gets a 2-month off period that will serve as their off-season for family, recovery, and vacation."

HHH: "This is a great idea Vince. Gets everyone healthier, happier, and it allows a few new talents to have the spotlight during Cena's off time"

Vince: "WAIT CENA'S GOING TO BE OFF TV FOR 2 MONTHS!? CANCEL THIS PROGRAM IMMEDIATELY"

Fox318

There are tons they could've used. Where was Slater Gator?! :(

Hiding in embarrassment after this

gCiv27s.png

Hasney

It was given a heck of a lot of time to breathe. Never forget Punk's one-week "adios"

Christ, don't remind me. I thought it would have actually made Cena interesting again if he went around doing his business like he normally did, but mocking Punk after every fake title defence saying how he's clearly the best in the world. Bonus points if he did defend the WWE title in New Japan or something to fire back at Cena.

Gah, so much potential... Then a pedigree and it's all gone.

ZiIS5MJ.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why aren't people singing words of praise for Vince for finally giving Cesaro, Ryback and others mic time? You know damn well that was a tough choice to make. I'd say it worked great for Ryback, really great - and okay for Cesaro. It's not as bad as I initially thought. He's being given something, finally.

Fox318

Vince: "I'm proud to announce WWE's new 'off-season initiative' for our talent. The process will involve rotating talent around on the main roster so that everyone gets a 2-month off period that will serve as their off-season for family, recovery, and vacation."

HHH: "This is a great idea Vince. Gets everyone healthier, happier, and it allows a few new talents to have the spotlight during Cena's off time"

Vince: "WAIT CENA'S GOING TO BE OFF TV FOR 2 MONTHS!? CANCEL THIS PROGRAM IMMEDIATELY"

CENA NEEDS TO BE MAIN EVENT WITHOUT THE BELT

CAN WE GET JOHNNY ACE AGAIN ON TV? THE PEOPLE LOVED HIM AND HE BROUGHT UP ALL OF THOSE JOBBERS FOR CENA

Aiii

So not worth it
Why aren't people singing words of praise for Vince for finally giving Cesaro, Ryback and others mic time? You know damn well that was a tough choice to make. I'd say it worked great for Ryback, really great - and okay for Cesaro. It's not as bad as I initially thought. He's being given something, finally.

Honestly? Because Cesaro's mic time was only there because they were expecting a huge BNB pop, which they failed in, but that's besides the point.

Ryback is getting mic time so he can be the next victim for Rusev at the Rumble, I have no faith it will be any more than that for Ryback.

Hasney

Cesaros spoken a few times and it never lasted, now I guess they're aborting the tag team too.

Hopefully he and Tyson still have

a47FVoe.gif

Sephzilla

Christ, don't remind me. I thought it would have actually made Cena interesting again if he went around doing his business like he normally did, but mocking Punk after every fake title defence saying how he's clearly the best in the world. Bonus points if he did defend the WWE title in New Japan or something to fire back at Cena.

ZiIS5MJ.gif

Funny enough, the 2k Showcase for Cena vs Punk in 2K15 really highlights how much they absolutely screwed the pooch with the Summer of Punk storyline.

I was definitely happy to see midcard talent get some microphone time even if it was awkward

Apart from him jobbing to BNB right afterwards in a very short match. Which I was conflicted about because I like both of these guys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Uso's mic time was ok.

Rollins' mic time was dope though. He even did a Howard Dean scream. Best thing.

Apart from him jobbing to BNB right afterwards in a very short match.

No shame in jobbing to someone dope as fuck like BNB.

Ithil

They won't get it again next week. They had a split roster last night so they had to fill time with their least favourite thing, giving midcarders promo time.
Next week, the full roster is back and worse, the Authority with their multiple endless promos are back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They won't get it again next week. They had a split roster last night so they had to fill time with their least favourite thing, giving midcarders promo time.
Next week, the full roster is back and worse, the Authority with their multiple endless promos are back.

I hope you're wrong. I'm ready for the advent of the #TalkingEra.

Convict is lame. The second pic is Angel Camacho and he's entertaining. There's a handful of guys I wish could get out of Oklahoma train in a better area and have a bigger spotlight. From what I've seen he has upside. From that group
http://www.izwrestling.com/phone/drake-gallows.html
Drake could do well around some CZW like companies.

http://www.izwrestling.com/phone/mark-wilson.html
Good manager and ref. Did some work with TCW

http://www.izwrestling.com/phone/grahambell.html And

http://www.izwrestling.com/phone/lukelangley.html
I used to manage these guys. Graham has really improved his physique this year and these guys have great tag team chemistry. I wish they'd move to a wrestling area to give it a go. theyve done some Harley camps and traveled a bit so they're working on it.

Hasney

Apart from him jobbing to BNB right afterwards in a very short match. Which I was conflicted about because I like both of these guys.

See, that could make some sense if they did anything with it. Have him bitch about his music, how he's used, what he's told to say, everything. Then he gets everything changed to his liking and goes on a nice winning streak and elevates him back up.

They won't though. He said 4 ropes, no mic for him again.

Fox318

ZiIS5MJ.gif

homHUXf.jpg

Sephzilla

Raw last night definitely vaulted Rollins into a new tier of heel I think. That "I'm going to kill him anyway" line was great.

Too bad Rollins will probably get punished for it because Vince will panic and think the word kill will remind people of Benoit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Convict is lame. The second pic is Angel Camacho and he's entertaining. There's a handful of guys I wish could get out of Oklahoma train in a better area and have a bigger spotlight. From what I've seen he has upside. From that group
http://www.izwrestling.com/phone/drake-gallows.html
Drake could do well around some CZW like companies.

http://www.izwrestling.com/phone/mark-wilson.html
Good manager and ref. Did some work with TCW

http://www.izwrestling.com/phone/grahambell.html And

http://www.izwrestling.com/phone/lukelangley.html
I used to manage these guys. Graham has really improved his physique this year and these guys have great tag team chemistry. I wish they'd move to a wrestling area to give it a go. theyve done some Harley camps and traveled a bit so they're working on it.

I like Graham Bell a lot and see a lot of potential in him. Same with Mr. Nasty.

See, that could make some sense if they did anything with it. Have him bitch about his music, how he's used, what he's told to say, everything. Then he gets everything changed to his liking and goes on a nice winning streak and elevates him back up.

Four ropes because four sides.

I'd be fine with a good feud between Cesaro and BNB, not a random match with the sole purpose of burying Cesaro even further (is such a thing even possible?).

Hasney

Disapponted that they changed BNB's theme. The "God Save The Queen" intro was fine.

WWE should have a multi-cultural night where everyone swaps the part of their theme that lets everyone know where they're from. Have the Usos come out to God Save our Queen, Barret can get Itamis Japanese start and Itami can do the Uso entrance.

Brock gets this, of course.

brock_lesnar_wwe_marichi.gif

Fox318

Raw last night definitely vaulted Rollins into a new tier of heel I think. That "I'm going to kill him anyway" line was great.

Too bad Rollins will probably get punished for it because Vince will panic and think the word kill will remind people of Benoit

MIGfy5a.jpg

"Tonight on NBC's WWE Raw a man threatened to paralyze and kill a father. When will NBC and Comcast stop airing and paying for these drug using murders? Think of the Children"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF i'm really torn on whether or not i like the halo 5 beta

Feel how you feel. If you're a Halo fan you'll find something to complain about, so don't worry. People just whine.

Aiii

So not worth it

Wrestling needs less breaking of the goddamn kayfabe, not more.

Lets start pretending all this shit is real again, so I can suspend my disbelief and actually give a shit about what's happening again.

Ithil

I have a better idea. How about you just give him new, good music, and push him? Skip the worked shoot crap.

A good interview of Bryan with Renee. He basically says a doctor he saw in Denver figured out what all the other doctors couldn't and fixed him up.

Bet people are trying to find out who it was to send him a fruit basket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fFdJL_kEqg#t=135
Goddam. I am just so transfixed on Renee. She is irresistible.

Too bad Roman is still winning that Rumble. And what the hell did they do to BNB Barrets theme!?!? It fit so well. They have Cesaro mic time because these few weeks are always dead zones where they give random people wins and such.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cesaro was over.

Then they told him to stop doing the Giant Swing, because they didn't want him to be over.

Now he's no longer over, and they go "why aren't you over, must be because you're swiss and you have an accent."

The ridiculousness of it all is what makes it so maddening.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cesaro was over.

Then they told him to stop doing the Giant Swing, because they didn't want him to be over.

Now he's no longer over, and they go "why aren't you over, must be because you're swiss and you have an accent."

The ridiculousness of it all is what makes it so maddening.

Swing's back. Be happy goddammit.

Top Bottom