• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, the final segment was kind of long and got a little awkward with how they extended the conversation between Rollins and Cena. But it was still good.

Amory

So, um, why did they decide to bury Mizdow last night? They are pretty much the most over people in the company right now. Miz can get real heat and Sandow gets loud cheers.

I actually thought they did the right thing there. That joke has run its course and them losing the titles means they'll shake up the Miz/Mizdow storyline.

Hated that the Usos won though. There's nothing interesting about the Usos, give the belts to literally anyone else. But preferably Goldust and Stardust.

Marvel said:
Stand by what I said about Seth being better on the mic than Punk. Last night he wasn't just on fire he was a fucking volcano.

I don't really get why people think Rollins is that great on the mic. He's fine, sure, but I've never really thought he was special in any way. Last night the scene with Edge and Cena went on way too long, IMO. "JAWWWN I WILL BREAK HIS NECK. I WILL PARALYZE HIM. DON'T COME ANY CLOSER JAWWWWN. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO JAWWWWWWWN. HE HAS A FAMILY JAWWWWN...." on and on for like 3 or 4 minutes. And that was after the 2 minute wait for Cena to even come out.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Uso's just won because The Ascension are heels (I believe) and The Uso's are LITERALLY the only face tag-team in main WWE.

And no, New Day doesn't count, they're just a poor replacement for the 3-man band.

They should ditch the mola ram face paint and have the ascension come out to their traditional NXT look... although that really wouldn't help their wrestling skills.

what

he just kept saying JAWWWWN over and over.

Repeating "JOOHHN" like that over and over was a problem, but it's a minor delivery tic he can fix with more practice. The bigger issue there was probably shitty time management for that segment, without which he wouldn't have had to stall by saying the same thing over and over for seven minutes. (One of the many things about the WWE production I don't understand. It was a perfectly good idea for a segment and it would have worked even better if that situation lasted one minute instead of six or seven. Why do they drag things out for no reason??)

But he sells his character and sounds like he means what he's saying. Most importantly I don't get that awful vicarious embarrassment feeling when he's on the mic like I do with, oh let's say, a hypothetical green wrestler getting a major push before he's ready.

Aiii

So not worth it
Repeating "JOOHHN" like that over and over was a problem, but it's a minor delivery tic he can fix with more practice. The bigger issue there was probably shitty time management for that segment, without which he wouldn't have had to stall by saying the same thing over and over for seven minutes. (One of the many things about the WWE production I don't understand. It was a perfectly good idea for a segment and it would have worked even better if that situation lasted one minute instead of six or seven. Why do they drag things out for no reason??)

But he sells his character and sounds like he means what he's saying. Most importantly I don't get that awful vicarious embarrassment feeling when he's on the mic like I do with, oh let's say, a hypothetical green wrestler getting a major push before he's ready.

Because they NEED to do a overrun, because it increases their ratings.

Yep, that's right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding filling TV, as much as I wouldn't mind an "NXT Showcase" match each week or something like that, I can see how it wouldn't work - NXT is still a sandbox and you can play with ideas, and some people you don't want sullied (imagine Becky Lynch's irish jigs occurring on Raw) and some people just goddamn change. I know it sounds nice, but...I don't think it'd work. I wish 1 of the 3 hours of Raw were NXT, but then you're selling 2 hours of Raw and 1 hour of "this other thing we do" which is a hard sell.

Aiii

So not worth it
Two pictures, two eras, one giant decline

1986/87
a52d10d697d217365f5b072f77cd5cc0.jpg

2014/15
c74681e70e10305f2b815a9f5d3b532c.jpg

I rest my case.

Stolen from the f4w boards.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Wellness Policy is to blame, Aiii. Also goddamn how could they fuck up their very simple yet effective entrance?

Aiii

So not worth it
Seriously though, who here is looking forward to next week's Raw, knowing it will open... Once again... with a fucking 20 minute Triple H promo?

Well, anyone besides Jmdajr, of course...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nevermind. They went back to it during the feedback section and Pollock said he was just messing around while Wai seriously didn't know what the shirt was.

lol that's better. When Wai is in the dark, he's absolutely hopeless. That's funny.

Ithil

WWE seem so deathly afraid of running the Monday Night Shitshow without an evil authority figure or, at least, a guest host to waste time in the ring, provide backstage skits and generally keep the broadcast going. It's like even they know 3 hours is too much.

As far as I know, no one in WWE wants to do three hours of RAW, including Vince. They do it because they make more money from the USA Network, if it wasn't a case of money they'd probably make RAW 90 minutes.

So what was the point in inviting Brock to the Peep show thing at the end?

Having the last scene as HHH and steph with Lesnar aimlessly standing in the background is a joke.

Aiii

So not worth it
In the interest of cross-promotion, I highly recommend this 20-minute promo UFC made on this coming saturday's Jones vs. Cormier match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsT_cJCJi-0

Such a great feud.

If you're really not interested, that's fine, but at least watch at 8:20 for a minute or so, if that doesn't want to make you see these two fight, BAH GAWD. WWE could learn a thing or two from this.

Bumping this, because BAH GAWD, watch this.

The WWE Network should have more shit like this, but WWE doesn't have blood feuds anymore and doesn't build up to two guys matching up anymore since their roster is so thin everyone faces everyone a gazillion times in various matches, so I guess they can't. They did it for Rock vs. Cena though, they could do something with Sting/Triple H or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The WWE Network should have more shit like this, but WWE doesn't have blood feuds anymore and doesn't build up to two guys matching up anymore since their roster is so thin everyone faces everyone a gazillion times in various matches, so I guess they can't. They did it for Rock vs. Cena though, they could do something with Sting/Triple H or something.

It's going to be an interesting fight and a tough one to call ahead of time. I think Cormier will put in the work and get it done, but Jones has so many tools and can play keep-away just enough. It's a hard pick. My heart says Cormier, but my brain says "I don't know"

Sephzilla

Bryan needs to cut his hair and trim the beard though when he comes back. Return as circa WM28 Bryan who's pissed off and wrecking everyone.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's going to be an interesting fight and a tough one to call ahead of time. I think Cormier will put in the work and get it done, but Jones has so many tools and can play keep-away just enough. It's a hard pick. My heart says Cormier, but my brain says "I don't know"

So tough to call, both guys are beasts and seem unbeatable, but I don't see them going five rounds to a descision either. One of them is dropping, my gut says Cormier walks away the champ, but that might as well be wishful thinking since I just really want to see Jones get his ass kicked. So yeah, it's impossible to really call, but I'm going with Cormier as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan does have a golden opportunity to reinvent himself slightly, and I hope he does. I like the vicious streak and it was the one thing he was lacking at Mania 30 that could have made him almost the total package in the ring. A vicious streak would do him wonders and make him look like he can legitimately hamstring Brock.

Sephzilla

And with blotchy white skin patches all over his chin. Fucking Vitiligo.

Was this ever actually confirmed? It seemed like dirt sheet stuff to me.

Bryan does have a golden opportunity to reinvent himself slightly, and I hope he does. I like the vicious streak and it was the one thing he was lacking at Mania 30 that could have made him almost the total package in the ring. A vicious streak would do him wonders and make him look like he can legitimately hamstring Brock.

I want the "I'M NOT THE WEAK LINK" Bryan to come back - the one who was a pissed off monster who pretty much wrecked The Shield by himself

Who knew all it would take to bring back The Authority was to threaten to Curb Sromp Edge? Man just a wasted opportunity all around. That's all The E is these days....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meltzerz:

If you're wondering why the Ascension looked especially soft last night, it was by request. The Miz asked the Ascension to work soft during their Monday Night Raw debut as he and Damien Sandow had wrestled a hard match earlier. It's been said that Los Matadores were initially asked to be the Ascension's opponents, but no clear reason was given as to why the change was made to Mizdow.

Probably because Los Matadors jobbed to them on Main Event a couple months ago when my dick was hard for their entrance.

Sephzilla

Who knew all it would take to bring back The Authority was to threaten to Curb Sromp Edge? Man just a wasted opportunity all around. That's all The E is these days....

Um... I thought that was actually a pretty good way to bring back the Authority.

I just don't like that Survivor Series got retconned so fast

Ithil

But ___ and ___ have developed quite the so-called rivalry as of late, some would say.

Top Bottom