• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
BTiUXVC.png

Reigns reminds me of Vamp from MGS now...

Jamie OD

Reading between the lines, sounds like Lucha Underground tried to get the Bucks on the cheap - they'd previously confirmed that they turned down one contract offer from LU but were still in talks and now they tweeted;

"If you're a company and you offer us a contract. Make sure it isn't insulting before you send us it. We know what we're worth."

"And no this isn't the WWE. I won't say who it is but it's a very insulting offer."

Anywho, have a gif of Kana keeping it FnP;

Bxwxnt4.gif

Best bit will be when Konnan confirms this while high on his podcast.

strobogo

Banned
Honestly I think from this movie on Brosnan kind of looks like he realized all of his Bond movies are going to be shit. In Goldeneye he seems a bit more energetic and into the role whereas in the rest of his movies he seems like he's a little less interested.

He looked like he aged like 6 years and put on 10-15 pounds in the 2 years between Goldeneye and TNK.

Sephzilla

Part of it might be the shorter hair, too. He definitely looked like he aged a lot more than he should have in just 2 years.

Friend stro, you should construct a thread for OT talking about who is your favorite Bond and the things you like about each actor who played it.

somedevil

Interesting Stat for Raw. When a match was the final segment of Raw how many ended in a clean finish? Here is the Answer:

18/42 or 43% ended clean. While in 52 weeks Raw had 10 shows that had talking as the final segment.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tsubasa Kuragaki vs Hiroyo Matsumoto (7:06)

This is a short one, so it's not much to ask people to check it out real quick to get an idea of what Oz's roster is like. Unlike Natsuki Taiyo's retirement match which I just watched which is an hour long. And isn't an ironman match. Just a regular match. I've gushed about Tsubasa, but I do it for good reason. 39 years old, and I think she's one of the best workers in the world right now. She's big and impressive, strong as hell, but she never falls into the prime Aja Kong pitfalls of 'I'm big, so I'm not gonna sell for you.' or the Chiyako issues of 'I've been around longer so I'm not gonna sell for you'(fuck Chiyako) She sells. She sells very well, in fact. She reminds me a lot of Dynamite Kansai who I consider the best overall joshi in all of 90s Japan even if she's not my total favorite(up there though)

Hiroyo has a good showing too. Like I said before, she's just likeable. Every time you see her, you want to see her have a good show because you just naturally want to cheer for her. But I want to see Tsubasa win since she's a great Openweight champion. Hiroyo's height makes her look like a respectable challenge for Tsubasa, but Tsubasa isn't just all size. She's so good at everything she does, she throws stiff lariats, she can high fly, she can lift three dudes on her back at once. I was impressed by her usual springboard dropkick because it always look goods, but I was even more impressed when she threw Hiroyo out of the ring and then proceeded to nail an Asai Moonsault. Matsumoto always nails a nice looking spinning elbow to the gut which I've never seen before and does that beautiful backdrop driver. I feel like too many people kick out of that move but having multiple finishers is kind of an Oz thing so whatever.
hiroyopowerbombknsd8.gif

Awesome rolling elbow into a powerbomb which looked way smoother than I expected it to. I do enjoy modern joshi despite there being some big flaws in it(lack of personalities or everyone has the SAME personality with a few exceptions like Hiroyo, Tsubasa, KANA, Act, etc) and going from insane 90s sold-out arenas to watching these small, quiet little stadiums is hard to accept. No matter how athletic these girls are, the storytelling is hurting big time from the lack of a huge, hot crowd. It's almost like an entirely different medium.
Data you got a link to man a vs Misu?
man a?
Do you mean the tag against KANA?
minoruskao3scx.gif

strobogo

Banned
Friend stro, you should construct a thread for OT talking about who is your favorite Bond and the things you like about each actor who played it.

I might when I'm done. I still have like 10 to watch. It's hard to pick though. They all have their own style that works for them, with BronsonLee being the mash up of the others.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If only there was a weird James Bond: Generations movie that had all the bonds from the MultiBondVerse

Reading between the lines, sounds like Lucha Underground tried to get the Bucks on the cheap - they'd previously confirmed that they turned down one contract offer from LU but were still in talks and now they tweeted;

"If you're a company and you offer us a contract. Make sure it isn't insulting before you send us it. We know what we're worth."

"And no this isn't the WWE. I won't say who it is but it's a very insulting offer."

Anywho, have a gif of Kana keeping it FnP;

Bxwxnt4.gif
I don't see it that way.

Just realized that Bad News Barrett made his return in DC. The same place where he described their football team as racist and constantly losing six months ago.

The story goes that Jones would watch anime and pro wrestling, and that he was already so naturally attuned to fighting that he could translate moves from characters like Goku and Triple H into techniques that would work in real life. It plays into a theory that Jones was born with mental wiring that other fighters lack, a sense of spatial awareness that allows him to pull from sources other fighters can't access and translate the abstract into the real.

From the deadspin profile of Jon jones

XenoRaven

I have no idea who any of the Giant Bomb people are except for Gerstmann, but I found it hilarious that someone made a Chrome Extension that removed any of Klepek's posts from the page.

UberTag

They care about as much as King/Cole/JBL care about calling a two minute Divas match.
Now that Patrick has abandoned ship, I could also care less if Giant Bomb goes tits up tomorrow. Dudes either hate gaming or just want to play DOTA all day if they actually do still enjoy gaming.

Fox318

They care about as much as King/Cole/JBL care about calling a two minute Divas match.

I wouldn't go that far but I think that happens when they don't get a vacation or detox from gaming.

Plus they all want to kinda cover their own types of games at this point.

Like Brad is almost dismissive of any game that takes place in a modern military setting or Jeff just not giving a fuck about most Japanese games post PS2.

The game of the year podcasts kinda illustrate that a little but they are still able to have fun and care about games outside of their preference.

Its still a fun site. Dan may be crazy sometimes but he really invigorated a staff that had become bogged down in the CBS corporate structure and deaths.

strobogo

Banned

There are two things I don't want to hear nerds talking about: Video games and wrestling. Analysis or reporting on those two subjects will forever be best in print.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Watching Raw, kinda shocked at all the mic time and promo vids. Almost like they actually want to build up their roster.

strobogo

Banned
Multiverse or it would confirm the fan theory that Bond is a code name and not a person.

That's a stupid theory that is clearly not possible. Bondverse operates on comic book/soap opera time scale. Connery though Brosnan are the same guy. Daniel Craig is not, as his movies started a rebooted continuity. Things that happened in HMSS are referenced by Moore and Dalton. Things that happened in the Dalton movies are referenced by Brosnan. Moore references Connery stuff. They are 100% the same person. There is nothing in the movies to suggest other wise. It's the same fan wankery bullshit that has every page at TV Tropes ending in "It was all a dream/dying moment/coma".

Sephzilla

That's a stupid theory that is clearly not possible. Bondverse operates on comic book/soap opera time scale. Connery though Brosnan are the same guy. Daniel Craig is not, as his movies started a rebooted continuity. Things that happened in HMSS are referenced by Moore and Dalton. Things that happened in the Dalton movies are referenced by Brosnan. Moore references Connery stuff. They are 100% the same person. There is nothing in the movies to suggest other wise. It's the same fan wankery bullshit that has every page at TV Tropes ending in "It was all a dream/dying moment/coma".

I like the Bond-is-a-code-name theory but i dont swear by it or anything. It's not like continuity between Bond films has ever been a massively important thing.

although the code name theory would explain why Judi Dench stayed along as M

Top Bottom