• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMczaf

What a heel!

tumblr_nhe6phMwy31r9qa3no2_250.gif

Why did he do it?

tumblr_nhe6phMwy31r9qa3no6_r1_250.gif

plagiarize said:
Because Edge didn't slap his Dad *that* hard.

tumblr_nhe6phMwy31r9qa3no4_r1_250.gif

Sephzilla

You know what would have been a cool alternate way to end Raw?

Everything goes down the same way except at the end after Cena says he'll bring back the Authority. After Cena does that, Edge springs up onto his feet and hugs Rollins & Show and celebrates with them. Ultimate opportunist strikes again.

Everything goes down the same way except at the end after Cena says he'll bring back the Authority. After Cena does that, Edge springs up onto his feet and hugs Rollins & Show and celebrates with them. Ultimate opportunist strikes again.

Slow down there Russo

jmdajr

hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif

John Cena is such a big idiort. Seth Rollins didn't call No Takesy Backsies. Could have easily reversed the decision once edge was out.

Once he brings them back he doesn't have takesy backsies. He only had the power to bring them back, which he did last night. Not the power to untake them back.

And anyway, RAW has been dreadful without them.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
That's not Russo tier. If anything that's Edge simply being his character (and maintaining some sort of continuity with the Edge/Cena rivalry)
No, that is Russo tier.

GOOD Russo tier. I know lots of people forget he used to be really good, but he did write during 1997...

Ithil

No wonder Hunter likes Seth with that big ol schnoz

Started to notice this with all the women he signs in NXT, no small noses there. I don't even mean that in a negative way, just an observation. They're also way more muscular in general than the usual WWE diva.
Guess he still has a thing for that Chyna type.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Russo was great when he had a McMahon filter just like how George Lucas was good when he had people filtering out his dumbass ideas
I think that's part of it. The other part is that he did one thing that all the other writers don't: listened to the talent. If a talent came up to him and said "Let's do this", he would reply " hey that's great, but if we so that in this way..."

Slizeezyc

Friends I have cable, but won't be able to watch WK at 2 a.m. since the UFC event will be re-played. Do I just avoid spoilers and discussion until 7 p.m. to watch, or can I get it via buying the streaming service?

Slizeezyc

Also argument to be made:

Brock is way more fun against smaller guys because he becomes even more of a freak show, so his match -- if it happened with Bryan -- I think would be just as enjoyable as a match between Rollins/Bryan. Some of my favorite Brock matches are against "smaller" dudes like Guerrero etc.

Yeah, that's the one downside with my alternate ending idea - Rollins doesn't come off looking like a potential murderer. However my alternate ending idea does end up making Cena look like a gullible dumbass.

If Edge was free to be involved in on going storylines, I think that would have been pretty awesome, but since he's not, what they did works well. I like having Edge and Christian available as occasional best buddy guests.

Sephzilla

Brock is way more fun against smaller guys because he becomes even more of a freak show, so his match -- if it happened with Bryan -- I think would be just as enjoyable as a match between Rollins/Bryan. Some of my favorite Brock matches are against "smaller" dudes like Guerrero etc.

Yeah I agree here. This is why I think Brock vs Bryan or Brock vs Ziggler would both be amazing because Brock would come off looking like a fucking monster and Bryan/Ziggs would come off looking like tough underdogs. Everybody wins.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Edge doesn't work for the WWE and Seth Rollins was threatening to break his neck.

Vader gets fired and suspended for beating up Monsoon, Austin goes to jail for kidnapping his boss, but Rollins doesn't have to go to jail for threatening to break a civilian's neck?

I really wish WWE would due away with the authority figure trope. I get that this seems to be to give something for Sting to do for Mania so I can put up with it till then. Hope it ends there though.

Edge doesn't work for the WWE and Seth Rollins was threatening to break his neck.

Vader gets fired and suspended for beating up Monsoon, Austin goes to jail for kidnapping his boss, but Rollins doesn't have to go to jail for threatening to break a civilian's neck?

The Authority's legal team is that damn good

Sephzilla

WWE law pretty much dictates that if you've wrestled at all in the past you're fair game.

I really wish WWE would due away with the authority figure trope.

Agreed. This is one carry over of the Attitude Era that I wish would really die. The magic of Austin/McMahon isn't going to happen again, let it go and let the heel authority figure trope please die. Let the actual wrestlers be the major heels and save "authority figure" stuff for rare occasions like when Jack Tunney has to vacate a title.

we knew this back when he debuted against spike dudley and was murdering people like spanky and zach gowen

jred2k

It's too bad Ambrose is stuck in the Wyatt-verse and doing nothing of note. A triple threat at WM for No. 1 contendership would be a good use of all three former Shield members. Roman wouldn't have to work a full match and they could test the waters on his reception on the biggest stage before throwing it all on him. I'd book it as Reigns and Ambrose grouping up to eliminate Rollins from the Rumble. He has the briefcase so he doesn't need to be in a No.1 Contender match, but if he feels like he can play spoiler it could be logical for him to be in it.

Fox318

WWE law pretty much dictates that if you've wrestled at all in the past you're fair game.

Agreed. This is one carry over of the Attitude Era that I wish would really die. The magic of Austin/McMahon isn't going to happen again, let it go and let the heel authority figure trope please die. Let the actual wrestlers be the major heels and save "authority figure" stuff for rare occasions like when Jack Tunney has to vacate a title.
If I had to pick one carry over I would kill what chants.

Just chant boring instead.

Just started Raw and I was expecting to hate the Edge/Christian segment. I didn't.

Rusev is still awesome.

Although, I don't really give a shit about Ryback (except for Bolly Ryback), I thought his promo was good. I saw Cesaro's last night and it wasn't the greatest, but it's good he got a chance to do it. I hope they continue this. #TalkingEra

But how would you book WWE without an Authority role? I can't even remember a time when there wasn't one. Even back in the day they had Monsoon and Tunney.

somedevil

It's too bad Ambrose is stuck in the Wyatt-verse and doing nothing of note. A triple threat at WM for No. 1 contendership would be a good use of all three former Shield members. Roman wouldn't have to work a full match and they could test the waters on his reception on the biggest stage before throwing it all on him. I'd book it as Reigns and Ambrose grouping up to eliminate Rollins from the Rumble. He has the briefcase so he doesn't need to be in a No.1 Contender match, but if he feels like he can play spoiler it could be logical for him to be in it.

You should be happy because it seems the blow off of the feud is happening next monday on Raw.

Sephzilla

If I had to pick one carry over I would kill what chants.

Just chant boring instead.

I think the what chants have actually served a slight purpose. It's gotten people to break out of having a very predictable cadence to their promos. The people who frequently got "what" chants were the people

what?

who said all of their promos

what?

in a very specific cadence

what?

with substantial gaps

what?

every few words.

what?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the what chants have actually served a slight purpose. It's gotten people to break out of having a very predictable cadence to their promos. The people who frequently got "what" chants were the people

what?

who said all of their promos

what?

in a very specific cadence

what?

with substantial gaps

what?

every few words.

what?
Yep.

Zeb and Heyman don't get 'what' because they know how to cut coherent, meaningful promos. Unlike

Randy....

Orton

Sephzilla

Yep.

Zeb and Heyman don't get 'what' because they know how to cut coherent, meaningful promos. Unlike

Randy....

Orton

I honestly think the what chants fixed HHH's promo ability too. He used to slip into absolutely awful predictable rhythm with his promos and got "what"-ed a fucking ton back in the day.

But how would you book WWE without an Authority role? I can't even remember a time when there wasn't one. Even back in the day they had Monsoon and Tunney.

But Monsoon and Tunney were used sparingly and usually only showed up to set up or advance a story such as simply saying "you two will be in a match". Modern WWE authority roles are usually heavily integrated into the stories or are the main antagonist.

Top Bottom