• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
re: Cesaro, cuts a heel promo botches the end of it and does a giant swing, ends up jobbing to injury bound Wade. Who books this shit?

Re: DaBry, JBL's snark "he may be making a mistake" so unnecessary.

strobogo

Banned
I like the Bond-is-a-code-name theory but i dont swear by it or anything. It's not like continuity between Bond films has ever been a massively important thing.

although the code name theory would explain why Judi Dench stayed along as M

Her real name is different in the Craig movies. She's not the same M. Just played by the same person because why the fuck not. Everyone wants JK Simmons as JJJ in the next Spiderman despite different continuity. It's the same idea.

Ithil

re: Cesaro, cuts a heel promo botches the end of it and does a giant swing, ends up jobbing to injury bound Wade. Who books this shit?

JBL's constant shitting on Bryan got old about 14 months ago. Especially as he keeps doing it during major moments and it's the same thing every time.

Sephzilla

Her real name is different in the Craig movies. She's not the same M. Just played by the same person because why the fuck not. Everyone wants JK Simmons as JJJ in the next Spiderman despite different continuity. It's the same idea.

I want JK Simmons' JJJ to cross dimensions and swap places with the MCU JJJ because he doesn't find the MCU's Daily Bugle up to par.

UberTag

The parrot was simply doing his job. Typical Vince... begging someone to come back and then undercutting them from gorilla.

I want JK Simmons' JJJ to cross dimensions and swap places with the MCU JJJ because he doesn't find the MCU's Daily Bugle up to par.
Simmons is winning an Oscar in a couple months so his asking price is going to go up.

I thought JBL was pretty restrained from his normal shitting on stuff in that segment. What he said made sense from a heel perspective. Cole and Lawler were just like "Yep, he's back."

somedevil

TNA resigned Kurt Angle and used this pic for the announcement:

d935ae71802233321e99f4ced9539a38_L.jpg

Sephzilla

What made JBL's line so dumb as that he didn't sound very enthused or anything about it.

Heenan would have been like "SOMEONE SHOULD LOCK THIS GUY UP BEFORE HE KILLS HIMSELF THIS MAN IS TRYING TO BREAK HIS NECK AND ALL OF YOU HUMANOIDS ARE ENCOURAGING IT. THIS IS DISGUSTING AND I WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT MYSELF IF THAT WAS MY JOB"

Toki767

What made JBL's line so dumb as that he didn't sound very enthused or anything about it.

Heenan would have been like "SOMEONE SHOULD LOCK THIS GUY UP BEFORE HE KILLS HIMSELF THIS MAN IS TRYING TO BREAK HIS NECK AND ALL OF YOU HUMANOIDS ARE ENCOURAGING IT. THIS IS DISGUSTING AND I WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT MYSELF IF THAT WAS MY JOB"

Heenan...on Edge's side? He'd be backing Rollins the whole way and saying how Cena's taking too long to do the right thing in bringing back the Authority.

Sephzilla

Heenan...on Edge's side? He'd be backing Rollins the whole way and saying how Cena's taking too long to do the right thing in bringing back the Authority.

I was talking about JBL's mistake line during Bryan's return promo

On that note, if we had Heenan on commentary he would have made The Authority and Rollins look like a million bucks.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Raw gets a 7/10. I skipped most of the matches though. It'll be nice if they continue to let the roster get mic time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Suzuki vs Aja Kong is such a weird match. You don't see as much of Suzuki's 'you're my bitch' attitude that he treats everyone with even when they beat him. And not his 'i'm gonna squash the shit out of you' mentality that he uses against juniors, women, and comedy wrestlers. You can tell he respects her way too much to do it, so instead, he lets it out on the ref constantly. He even spits in her face in a way that Bret Hart would go 'damn that's gross.'
slapfigatsko.gif

The strike exchange is fun to watch. She nearly nails him with a dizzy third Uraken, but he ducks it

Alucard

Banned
Man, Ryback is driven as fuck

-he has a meditation and massage room he uses to get his mind right
-he has a bunch of lists and charts with goals on them in his house
-he studies matches, DVDS, watches indy stuff, and takes notes to improve himself
-he's super positive and has no time for negative people

#TeamBigGuy

Alucard

Banned
Data, have you just had time to sit around and watch a ton of joshi wrestling the past two days? Damn. I don't mind. I'm actually jealous of your free time.

Alucard

Banned
I just realized they seem to be trying hard to make Impact look like Smackdown as much as possible.

Just so happens that they took Smackdown's old timeslot too. Hmmmmmm.

I think that's stretching it. Smackdown doesn't get to have a monopoly on blue and italic font.

somedevil

Who gives a shit about TNA anymore? This announcement on their website has only gotten 3 retweets lol. They are pretty much irrelevant now.

Well its hard to kick someone when they are already down. Though its true in a way because the tapings still haven't sold out and its next week. Thursday is especially bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data, have you just had time to sit around and watch a ton of joshi wrestling the past two days? Damn. I don't mind. I'm actually jealous of your free time.

No classes for three weeks, no new games to play other than Elite: Dangerous, and whenever I watch wrestling I pretty much just watch one thing. I don't keep up with anything weekly because there's too many matches I end up skipping over. I try to follow individuals rather than promotions. And I always post about everything I watch even if I don't like it on the off chance that someone else saw it and wants to talk about it.

Man, Ryback is driven as fuck

-he has a meditation and massage room he uses to get his mind right
-he has a bunch of lists and charts with goals on them in his house
-he studies matches, DVDS, watches indy stuff, and takes notes to improve himself
-he's super positive and has no time for negative people

#TeamBigGuy

Pretty great of him to be given a backstory.

Now I want everyone to see one. Let's go to Rusev's hometown and see his debriefings with Putin.

Well its hard to kick someone when they are already down. Though its true in a way because the tapings still haven't sold out and its next week. Thursday is especially bad.

I mean they've fucked off all good will they've ever had. Every time "it's a brand new start" and the same shit happens. They fuck everything up and do the dumbest shit possible. They still don't have road agents that can put together a decent match either, even on ppv.

UberTag

Who gives a shit about TNA anymore? This announcement on their website has only gotten 3 retweets lol. They are pretty much irrelevant now.
They're the #3 wrestling company in the U.S. now... and that's provided they're able to garner some kind of audience through Destination America which is by no means a guarantee.

Replace JBL with Big Show. That iron clad contract means he can tell Vince to shut the fuck up and stop yelling in his ear and we might get some fun commentary again.

They're the #3 wrestling company in the U.S. now... and that's provided they're able to garner some kind of audience through Destination America which is by no means a guarantee.

They will be lucky to put up 400-500k viewers a week on that channel in that time slot. There have been no booking changes, so the product is the same horrible stuff with the same tired roster as before.

Penguin

They care about as much as King/Cole/JBL care about calling a two minute Divas match.

Wow

That kind of puts the whole GB thing in perspective.

I enjoy QL for the personalities, but don't go to them for my gaming news.

And it's like the trio, their own agenda above the product

UberTag

Replace JBL with Big Show. That iron clad contract means he can tell Vince to shut the fuck up and stop yelling in his ear and we might get some fun commentary again.
If JBL left to go climb mountains/trade stocks and Show refused to listen to Vince, he'd just get Jerry or Cole to parrot his rhetoric instead.

Commentary will NEVER be fun again.

Raw64life

I'd like to see Angle have a retirement match literally anywhere else. WWE, NJPW, GFW, ROH, AAA, PWG, in my backyard. I'd take fucking Chikara over watching him rot in TNA hell for another year.

I'd like to see Angle have a retirement match literally anywhere else. WWE, NJPW, GFW, ROH, AAA, PWG, in my backyard. I'd take fucking Chikara over watching him rot in TNA hell for another year.

Pretty much. Unfortunately WWE didn't want him back. Angle vs Lesnar or Angle vs DB would have been a great match at Mania.

UberTag

Pretty much. Unfortunately WWE didn't want him back. Angle vs Lesnar or Angle vs DB would have been a great match at Mania.
I'm not even sure it's that. They just don't want to pay Kurt what he feels he's worth and would insist on him passing physical tests he would either fail or refuse to take.
Kurt's last three song and dance routines of "I'm considering all my options" have been largely shams.

I'm not even sure it's that. They just don't want to pay Kurt what he feels he's worth and would insist on him passing physical tests he would either fail or refuse to take.
Kurt's last three song and dance routines of "I'm considering all my options" have been largely shams.

Well it was already revealed that he contacted WWE and HHH basically shut him down.

Wow

That kind of puts the whole GB thing in perspective.

I enjoy QL for the personalities, but don't go to them for my gaming news.

And it's like the trio, their own agenda above the product

Ever since fairly early on GB has only been a variety type site for me, their gaming coverage/reviews are usually below average at best. Ever since Ryan died a lot of the passion went out of them, I really only followed Vinny & Patrick after that. Patrick is a legit good games media type person so I'd be glad to see him go somewhere he can actually do some good.
Dan was a great hire to try and inject some FnP into the site again. I like that dude.

If JBL left to go climb mountains/trade stocks and Show refused to listen to Vince, he'd just get Jerry or Cole to parrot his rhetoric instead.

Commentary will NEVER be fun again.

Lawler can't have much left in the tank, after his heart attack I'd hope Vince would give him space while commentating to avoid stressing him out.
What are we going to do with Cole? He's been there forever and I can't see him ever wanting to leave (until Captain H tosses him of course).

Johnny's lawyers were stupid remember? That iron clad contract meant nothing.

Probably not even worth the iron it was clad in :(

Top Bottom