• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wouldn't hold up in court.

It's why when they asked Del Rio about it he was like 'ha, i'm not worried about that.' Someone who's been around knows that shit don't stick. Feel for a green kid that gets fired and doesn't want to risk going to court over it though.

Sheamus eliminates Bryan in the Rumble. Roman eliminates Sheamus. Sheamus vs. Bryan at Mania, assuming we don't all drown in our tears before then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They need faces desperately that aren't hated or forced like Roman and Cena.

I disagree. Their faces right now are fine.

Orton, Reigns (who is liked by a decent part of the crowd) Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler, Ryback...oh, and D-Bry.

It's the heels. It's basically Rollins and a ton of part timers/complete jokes like Kane and Big Show with the only good mid card heels being Wyatt and Harper.

DiscoJon

Banned
I think Del Rio and Punk proved that WWE's "no compete clause" is laughable when you get a smart lawyer involved. It's funny that WWE wants to be this "Entertainment Company" but still does business like it's the territory system of years past.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't wait for this spot with Bryan and The Big Dog
Da5HGRg.jpg

Fox318

I think Del Rio and Punk proved that WWE's "no compete clause" is laughable when you get a smart lawyer involved. It's funny that WWE wants to be this "Entertainment Company" but still does business like it's the territory system of years past.

The whole independent contractor shit with no health care is bullshit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i mean, they didn't even have guaranteed contracts before Nash and Hall jumped to WCW.

'Carny' isn't a made up word like legit shook. It's a word wrestlers use to describe some carny shit. And pro wrestling, especially backstage, is some carny ass shit. No matter how much they try to dress it up. They try to act like a real business to their investors, but they act like the fucking Ringmaster(not that one) to their workers. And as wrestlers get younger and don't have that territory 'trial by fire' system that helps them develop needed paranoia and being able to haggle a better deal, they become all the more susceptible for Vince and company. It's not like The Road Warriors or Rick Rude or other dudes who liked wrestling but worked as bouncers. These kids grew up watching it and it's all they've wanted to do, and the WWE will take full advantage of that. It's why Cena hasn't pushed more to get out and save his body and make some money doing shitty TV spots or just retire early because he grew up a mark for the business and the WWE in general.

After the situations with Punk and Del Rio, WWE has put in all performer contracts that if they are fired for disciplinary reasons, they forfeit all merchandise rights and can’t work in either pro wrestling or MMA for one year.

Carny-King-TG-A.gif

DiscoJon

Banned
Y'know, I just realized that since WWE is a corporation there has to be some element of their workforce that is unionized. You can't have an entire company who's employees are are all "independent contractors", there's no way that's possible.

Fox318

Watching Mania 30 for the first time (Jumped back in to wrasslin after I heard about the squash match at Summerslam.

That Bryan-HHH match is fantastic
Shield match was a piss break
Battle Royal was a clusterfuck until the Fandango spot. Then it was awesome. Maybe its because I wasn't around during Sheamus's push but the crowd didn't seem to like him. Cesaro stole the show. Crowd was fucking cheering for him when their was 25 men in the ring.

Aiii

So not worth it
They could get away with the no compete if they weren't independent contractors.

pretty much. the no compete clause and the independent contractor things contradict themselves

Either way, you can't enforce a one year no compete unless the job involves some very sensitive secrets that you could take to a competitor, wrestling is not exactly ticket science, so that's obviously not the case here. No judge will allow that no compete to stand since it takes away all of a individuals income for a while year, what is a wrestler going to do of he can't do wrestling or MMA?

Yeah, that's just not gonna happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Either way, you can't enforce a one year no compete unless the job involves some very sensitive secrets that you could take to a competitor, wrestling is not exactly ticket science, so that's obviously not the case here. No judge will allow that no compete to stand since it takes away all of a individuals income for a while year, what is a wrestler going to do of he can't do wrestling or MMA?

Yeah, that's just not gonna happen.

They've had no complete clauses that have stuck in Hollywood before, so it could work in Wrestling, but only if they were fully contracted employees.

somedevil

Raw viewership for the 4 quarters of the year of 2013 and 2014:

Jan-Mar:
2013: 4.62
2014: 4.44

April-June:
2013: 4.13
2014: 4.24

July-Sept:
2013: 4.00
2014: 4.11

Oct-Dec:
2013: 3:93
2014: 3.79

Avg:
2013: 4.17
2014: 4.15

Slightly down compared to last year but basically even. They were on there way to beat 2013 but the last quarter killed them especially after Survivor Series. The audience bailed after the Raw when the authority left and Sting did not appear.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey guys! It is January 1st in the civilized world!

So happy New Year, everyone! Hope you guys have a great 2015!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Happy New Years fella's!

I'm staying in tonight, drinking, ordering Chinese food and watching The Wire when it starts up at 9!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm messing with this new tv. And the free HBO trial they included.

And trying to fix Arcade PCBs because that's what cool guys do to celebrate New Years.

Slightly down compared to last year but basically even. They were on there way to beat 2013 but the last quarter killed them especially after Survivor Series. The audience bailed after the Raw when the authority left and Sting did not appear.

Coincidentally, the last Raw I watched too. The authority may have left, but it was still the same shit product it has been for years now. I'll tune in periodically, but damn they need to adopt the NXT formula for the main shows.

DMczaf

Meltzdog not feelin Da Reign. Feelin a little B+

Plus, the crowd’s reactions to Reigns have been lukewarm, and in watching it doesn’t feel like the crowd is accepting him as the right guy for the position. On 12/29's Raw, a Reigns vs. Rollins match which could have been a preview of the Mania main event, got very little crowd reaction. While many championed Dean Ambrose for the spot, his crowd reactions haven’t been at that level either, although he was a better worker, and a better promo, and ultimately would have been better in the position.

Bryan can be in that position, but he’s also not the person the company wants there. But the Bryan chase of the title was the big story for Mania in 2014, and really, saved the show. His title run, meant to be four plus months, long enough so it wouldn’t be a fluke, but not a dynasty, was over prematurely when his neck problems worsened.

If Bryan’s body holds up, a match with Rollins for the title could be a classic on the WrestleMania stage.

Top Bottom