• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
Meltzer on Monday's Raw rating:

WWE pushed all day that Bryan would be making an announcement, teasing it to be a retirement. Even with that, and no strong football competition (the early game going against the first hour did significantly lower ratings than the late game at 9 p.m.), Raw did 3.17 million viewers in hour one. That may have been the lowest non-holiday first hour since 1997. But the show’s numbers grew, the exact opposite of its recent pattern. I don’t buy for a second that it could be a Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins match that did that, or a Cutting Edge Peep Show segment with Rollins. Brock Lesnar was put on early, did an angle, and while there was a hint of him coming out in the final segment, it wasn’t pushed. The return of The Authority that closed the show was something that nobody would have known was happening, and didn’t happen until the last minute, so wouldn’t have made a difference in the ratings. It couldn’t have been Edge & Christian, given that they were the only ones advertised hard all week for the show, and that led to the worst hour one in recent memory.

The only thing that could have grown the audience was the tease, after the show started, that Bryan would make an announcement, and that it would be his retirement.

DMczaf

More DBry good stuff

Raw on 12/29 fell to one of its lowest numbers of the last 17 years with 3.47 million viewers, a number that could have been far worse, given the ratings pattern. What makes this number worse than it sounds is that there was little of note on television in competition. It was the first Monday without NFL football, and the ESPN college football coverage against Raw, which did 5.76 million viewers, was less than half of what a typical Monday NFL game would do.

But there is good news in the ratings, and that is the ratings pattern. It clearly tells two lessons. The first is that promoting something on social media in the hours before a broadcast means nothing. The second is that Daniel Bryan has far more interest than the company believed.

d8f86-codeofhonortext_3mb.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't buy for a second that Vince/HHH think that Bryan isn't the guy.

I do buy that they are scared shitless about his mystery injury.

I want to know more about Bryan's injury. We were kept so in the dark about it, not even they knew what was up. Is it totally fine now? Does he have to remove some moves? Is this a "okay you have enough in you for one last run"?

Bryan needs to be around till he's 46 at the very least.

DMczaf

I want to know more about Bryan's injury. We were kept so in the dark about it, not even they knew what was up. Is it totally fine now? Does he have to remove some moves? Is this a "okay you have enough in you for one last run"?

Bryan needs to be around till he's 46 at the very least.

Meltzer says the WWE "inner circle" knew 3 weeks ago he was cleared to complete, but they wanted to hold off his return til Rumble.

The Observer report said that his title reign was only supposed to be 4 months, just to quell all the shit that went down. Who knows if that's true. I highly doubt Vince or H are huge Bryan supporters.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Observer report said that his title reign was only supposed to be 4 months, just to quell all the shit that went down. Who knows if that's true. I highly doubt Vince or H are huge Bryan supporters.

He was going to get borked borked. Could have been a fun match. The rematch would have been epic.

Plus he probably needed surgery anyways and what better way to sell 6 months out then to get borked?

Anth0ny

They are dumb as fuck to put Bryan in the rumble if the plan is still for Reigns to win and go on to beat Lesnar at Mania.

Reigns will get killed harder than Batista did last year.

They are exactly that dumb. We can sit here and say how obvious it should be and how Bryan's ratings/reactions might sway them but they probably won't. Don't forget that him turning on Wyatt and getting that huge pop was just before the Rumble.

Edit: also the Ascension ceremony

Perhaps Seth will be the chosen one to jumpstart the hairy chest movement after Cesaro's failure. Need to move away from all these Freight Trains with smooth bellies

Ithil

I do buy that they are scared shitless about his mystery injury.

Everything I have ever seen of Vince would tell me exactly that he would do anything to make himself believe Bryan isn't the guy.

Don't buy into anything you ever read about injuries, and especially don't believe storylines in Total Divas.

Bryan's been fine and getting better for a while. WWE loves to bring people back early after telling us they're going to be gone forever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hmmmm. You have room???????????

oh yeah. but that thing is huge and i just cleared out enough room in my garage that i could fit like 2 normal arcade games like frogger or qbert or something instead. but they're up there in price. but i do wonder about the condition of this thing and what its power consumption is like. i already have a centipede and robotron in my garage now because that was like the whole reason i cleared it out

Ithil

Don't buy into anything you ever read about injuries, and especially don't believe storylines in Total Divas.

Bryan's been fine and getting better for a while. WWE loves to bring people back early after telling us they're going to be gone forever.

Meltzer saw Bryan in person at one of the WWE promotional events maybe a month and a half ago and he noted that Bryan looked bigger, including his weaker arm, so he has been able to train again for a while at least.

somedevil

Meltzer saw Bryan in person at one of the WWE promotional events maybe a month and a half ago and he noted that Bryan looked bigger, including his weaker arm, so he has been able to train again for a while at least.

He has an interview with Renee that basically said he found someone in Colorado that knew what was wrong with him and fixed the problem when so many doctors didn't know what was wrong.

The odd thing was he never called the guy a doctor who fixed him but he was cleared by doctors to compete though.

Top Bottom