• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMczaf

ok6FvP0.gif
xDsUDg5.gif
VXAozpx.gif

This should have been a Carny Award.

Kidman was kinda meh in Batman Forever. Didn't do it for me.

Sets are even worse in Batman and Robin. Script is too but man some of those puns are great.

My take is thus. Batman Forever is a pretty good movie with some deep flaws. Batman and Robin is a TERRIBLE movie that is so bad it's completely awesome to watch. It berried that franchise for years ala Die another Day.

That's what the wife and I are hoping for lol

B Forever had a weird charm to it, felt super lofi but had a lot of bad elements to it. Glad we watched it in any case.

strobogo

Banned
That photo shoot never made sense to me. Clearly it is for the GAY COMMUNITY (?!?!), yet Ahmed was pretty violently homophobic on screen. I'd like to know what Ahmed himself was thinking during that shoot, and what Vince thought of the finished results.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wasn't watching a ton of wrestling during the late New Generation but I did play WWF Warzone on both the PS1 and N64 and caught a bit of Ahmed and hated him.

But lately on my New Generation kick I think he's amazing. He has the craziest promos since Warrior, the PRP is dope and he does actually have some fun matches. He's also likely steroid crazy because he reacts to things like Ken Shamrock does, or a good actor, or both.

That photo shoot never made sense to me. Clearly it is for the GAY COMMUNITY (?!?!), yet Ahmed was pretty violently homophobic on screen. I'd like to know what Ahmed himself was thinking during that shoot, and what Vince thought of the finished results.

That was during the timeframe that HBK also posed in Playgirl. Clearly Pat Patterson had alot of power. Ahmed always looked like an undercover brother though, if you know what I mean. Just look at the double earrings.

strobogo

Banned
Ahmed was dope, even though he was dangerous as fuck and injury prone. He no doubt would have been the first black WWF champ if he was a little safer. He would fuck dudes and himself up pretty much every match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That was during the timeframe that HBK also posed in Playgirl. Clearly Pat Patterson had alot of power. Ahmed always looked like an undercover brother though, if you know what I mean. Just look at the double earrings.

"Okay, you can suck my dick. I'm gonna look at this Penthouse magazine while you're doing it though. I'm not gay."

WWE should bring Tuesday night titans back in some . Form for the network. Do some character pieces to get guys over. Have Renee host it with BNB in The Lord Alfred role.

strobogo

Banned
Sounds like prison mentality. I'm more shocked to find out him and Stevie Ray from Harlem Heat grew up together.

The only non-shitty thing Mark Madden did was that segment where he went around the hood with Stevie and pretended he grew up with him. Well. That's not accurate. The best Mark Madden moment was when Tank beat his ass for no reason at all on Nitro. Can't wait for 2000 WCW to get uploaded to the Network. I'm going to redo all of those reviews with tons of gifs and shit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There was also magic in the booth with Schiavone, Madden and Straight Shootin' Stevie Ray.

I don't know why it worked but it did.

Ahmed Johnson was over as a motherfucker when he came in. Vince didn't give him a silly ass stereotype gimmick. He was just a dude that showed up one day, actually bodyslammed Yokozuna (not that thing Luger did), and people loved him. It's actually a shame he was so injury prone, because he probably would have gotten the WWF Title eventually after HBK because he was so popular. Fans were losing their shit when he destroyed Goldust for the IC Title.

The only non-shitty thing Mark Madden did was that segment where he went around the hood with Stevie and pretended he grew up with him. Well. That's not accurate. The best Mark Madden moment was when Tank beat his ass for no reason at all on Nitro. Can't wait for 2000 WCW to get uploaded to the Network. I'm going to redo all of those reviews with tons of gifs and shit.

I thought you cancelled the network?

bummed.gif

Anyone else find this quiet smoldering rage thing that guys like Dempsey and Baron Corbin do to be really fucking generic? It seems like they have no personality so creative tells them "just stare at the camera and flare your nostrils". When they are having their little intimidation staredown it's so over the top that I can't tell if they are mad or want to fuck.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It didn't. Mark Madden was fucking horrendous. Absolutely awful. Stevie was fun, though.

Here's the funny thing. I agree Madden is awful. But that brief period with him and Stevie Ray calling PPVs with Schiavone just worked. It's actually one of my favorite WCW PPV teams.

I freely admit most of it is Stevie Ray being really quite refreshing but I went from that to awful Scott Hudson or even worse, Mike Tenay with Madden.

Mike Tenay, who I like more than you, is cancer when teamed with Madden. They do not gel at all.

strobogo

Banned
I thought you cancelled the network?

bummed.gif

I did. I'm going to bank a few WWF PPVs, though. I think it will be a long time before 2000/2001 Nitros and Thunder will make it to the Network. I'd guess that 2000/2001 Nitro will be uploaded WELL before 1998 Thunder will be uploaded.

DMczaf

Anyone else find this quiet smoldering rage thing that guys like Dempsey and Baron Corbin do to be really fucking generic? It seems like they have no personality so creative tells them "just stare at the camera and flare your nostrils". When they are having their little intimidation staredown it's so over the top that I can't tell if they are mad or want to fuck.

Dude, don't throw shade at Dempsey. His existence is about to go behind a bookcase in the 5th dimension in the next couple of weeks thanks to Kevin Owens.

Let him go peacefully :(

I did. I'm going to bank a few WWF PPVs, though. I think it will be a long time before 2000/2001 Nitros and Thunder will make it to the Network. I'd guess that 2000/2001 Nitro will be uploaded WELL before 1998 Thunder will be uploaded.

At the rate they are uploading stuff that stuff wouldn't even be there until 2016 or 2017. They probably got my $9.99 for the month of Mania though.

Top Bottom